• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The E3 Round-table Thread

Re: Hirobyte was right: Fairy type confirmed.

I missed the Pokemon Part. :(

Just hear "Fairy Type".

Anyway, YES!

Surprised by Gardevoir and Marril though. And people were worried about how they'd change Normal-type Pokemon to a new type. :)

Part fairy? So Jigglypuff will be normal/fairy? Seems odd, although part makes sense for the others

(I can't watch the stream, I'm on an iPod)

Jigglypuff will finally gain the legendary power he deserves, to slay all those Garchomps, Salamances and Zekroms

To summarize for those of you who can't watch:

There is a new feature called pokemon-amie that lets you bond with your pokemon.
Fairy type confirmed--includes Marrill, Gardevoir, Sylveon (duh), Jigglypuff.
Worldwide release October 12.
Two new pokemon: one named Vivillon and a bat pokemon.

Is Noirvern, the bat, related to Swoobat?

It's got the fur, and what seems like a "sound-based" attack.

Azumarill the dragonslayer? Now that's something I can surely get behind. Also glad to finally see this confirmed. Knew it since feb that we're due a new type with sylveon

If this was a Swoobat evolution, Noivern should have "bat" in its name somewhere. Obviously it does not.

Woobat and Swoobat also have this heart/love theme with their designs, while Noivern seems to be just about noise. The "vern" in its name might also suggest a possible Wyvern connection. It certainly looks a bit draconian compared to its bat cousins.

The screenshots they showed us (of the dock, outside of the tower in the big city, etc.) also look really cool.

It also says "the helioptile you stepped on attacked"

Wonder what that means.

Finally saw the trailer. Most of the Pokemon 3D models look really good!

Noirvern looks a little freaky based on what was shown there.

The Pokemon-amie looks cute! Just like schmoozing with real animals! And did the Pikachu really use Ikue Ohtani's anime voice instead of the game cry?!

And I'm SUPER surprised that the games are coming out on the exact same day everywhere! I originally thought it was just the same month, but spread over a two-week period!

Sylveon's move was Moonblast, and Gardevoir's was Fairy Wind.
So at least three new moves are confirmed.

And I still believe Noivern is in its own line. On closer inspection, it has claws, draconian face, and speaker-like ears. I don't think it's a Swoobat evo.

My stream wasn't working when they revealed the Pokémon information. Did they revealed the types which fairy is effective, not very effective, super effective and immune against?

Really happy the English version is keeping the original name. I was worried that they would change it into something manlier in the translation.

Confused why they didn't show Clefairy as one of the fairy types. Too obvious, maybe?

I hope so actually. It definitely looks enough like Swoobat to be an evolution.

My stream wasn't working when they revealed the Pokémon information. Did they revealed the types which fairy is effective, not very effective, super effective and immune against?

Fairy is only confirmed to be super effective against Dragon. Nothing was mentioned about any weaknesses or additional advantages.

^It's super effective on Dragon.

Btw, the official site has updated:

News

Go on the official english website.
Noivern is Flying/Dragon and Vivillion is Bug/Flying (disappointed it's not part Psychic).

Fairy is only confirmed to be super effective against Dragon. Nothing was mentioned about any weaknesses or additional advantages.
I saw the trailer of a fairy type move being used against Hydreigon. Fairy could be super effective against Dark instead since Hydreigon is also a Dark type Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom