• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The E3 Round-table Thread

Re: Hirobyte was right: Fairy type confirmed.

It also looks as if there will be a gym in the giant tower in central Lumiose.

It was specifically said in the trailer it's super effective against Dragon.

I saw the trailer of a fairy type move being used against Hydreigon. Fairy could be super effective against Dark instead since Hydreigon is also a Dark type Pokémon.

Both the official English website and the trailer state that Fairy is super-effective against Dragon. We have no knowledge on what other types Fairy will be super-effective on, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other types the "reliable source" mentioned are weak to Dragon turn out to be the case.

Pokémon-Amie reminds me of Kingdom Hearts 3D.

conclusion-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Okay, I'm joking. At first, I wasn't really too fond of the idea. But... there's two good things about this Fairy-type that I can't ignore.

1. I hate Dragons. Seriously, I HATE DRAGONS. Fairy-type is Super Effective against Dragon-types? Then it's good - REALLY GREAT. I won't be using Sylveon, though. I don't like Eeveelutions in general.

2. Gardevoir, one of my all-time favorite Psychic family member becomes part Fairy? Marill becomes part-fairy? Then Azumarill might as well become part-fairy as well. FINALLY Azumarill becomes usefull outside of being an HM Slave. Hmm, it's great seeing my favorite pokemons getting attention AND the right treatments and upgrades they deserve.

In the end, this was okay. Not bad. The best part is that now I can finally use my precious Gardevoir to kill those dragons I so dislike :D

After looking at the name origins for Sylveon (silphs, nymphs) I knew there had to be a new type. This will be interesting.

Gardevoir is Fairy type! *Rejoices*

But I still say it should be called Fey type.

I guess those 3 give us a good idea on what else could become Fairy.

How much longer does it last? I'd love for them to finally give us Yveltal and Xerneas' types.

conclusion-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Okay, I'm joking. At first, I wasn't really too fond of the idea. But... there's two good things about this Fairy-type that I can't ignore.

1. I hate Dragons. Seriously, I HATE DRAGONS. Fairy-type is Super Effective against Dragon-types? Then it's good - REALLY GREAT. I won't be using Sylveon, though. I don't like Eeveelutions in general.

2. Gardevoir, one of my all-time favorite Psychic family member becomes part Fairy? Marill becomes part-fairy? Then Azumarill might as well become part-fairy as well. FINALLY Azumarill becomes usefull outside of being an HM Slave. Hmm, it's great seeing my favorite pokemons getting attention AND the right treatments and upgrades they deserve.

In the end, this was okay. Not bad. The best part is that now I can finally use my precious Gardevoir to kill those dragons I so dislike :D

Azumarill is already one of the strongest water pokemon. It has Huge Power, can learn Superpower and Aqua Jet, on top of it's high defences and health.

I think Noivern is a confirmation that GF doesn't plan introducing Sound-type any soon, just like it was with Helipotile and Light.

It also says "the helioptile you stepped on attacked"

Wonder what that means.

Maybe just something similar to the Voltorb/Foongus situation. Helioptile seem like they could just lie on the ground, sunbathing, without noticing that somebody stepped on them.

Is Xavier the name of the male player?

You can see it in the screens of Pikachu in battle.

^Here's one such screenshot:

june_p14_04.jpg

Also on the official site:

"Pokémon you've played with may turn to you in battle and wait for your orders."

D'awwww.

Aaah, I love the sound of Pokemon-amie. The 3D models are looking so good.

*still mildly miffed that Gardvoir, Jigglypuff, and Marill were confirmed Fairy before Clefairy*

So are we still getting more information today? There's still the XY special right? Hopefully we'll get more Pokemon.

:D

I like Noirvern, but the new moth Pokemon is...kind of weird?

The Sugimori Art has its leg in an odd place too. And what "secret" does its wings hold?

Gardevoir as Fairy pretty much confirms Gothitelle as well.
Only slightly kidding.

Is Xavier the name of the male player?

You can see it in the screens of Pikachu in battle.

It could only be a demo name. Remember, in the BW demos, Hilbert and Hilda were called Blair and Whitlea, and their main default names weren't revealed until the Battle Subway tag battles.

Back
Top Bottom