• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The E3 Round-table Thread

I really hope they talk more about Kalos and the characters later on tonight. I'm pretty satisfied with the Pokemon and features for now, and I'd like to know a little more about the story and locations.

We have four months, we have tonight, we have CoroCoro...
They will definitely give us a little something.

I wish they showed more than two Pokémon and some more old Pokémon that get retyped.

We have four months, we have tonight, we have CoroCoro...
They will definitely give us a little something.
Better to expect nothing and be surprised than expect something and be disappointed.

Re: Hirobyte was right: Fairy type confirmed.

Azumarill is already one of the strongest water pokemon. It has Huge Power, can learn Superpower and Aqua Jet, on top of it's high defences and health.

I ALWAYS had an Azumarill on my team back in all my Hoenn runs, reruns, and rereruns. Also, I had them on HGSS, too. I haven't really met anyone who considered Azumarill as a good pokemon because everyone favored Lapras, Starmie, and all the other so-called dual-typed Water Pokemons. Thought I was the only one who chose to use Azumarill because of how cute and lovely it looked like, not because I cared about stats or move-sets or heck whatever. Never cared about deliberately breeding it for Aqua Jet because she was just perfectly fine on her own. About the HM Slave thingy, well, Azumarill had always had her four move slots packed in with HMs for some reason, but I don't regret it - It's always made the best use of Waterfall.

Now with the Fairy-type, she'll be more loved all over the world. Let's see how she climbs up the ranks - I'm dying to see someone actually using Azumarill on random match-ups XDD

So you're a trainer who uses pokemon because they look cute...do not talk about match ups and usefulness then.

FYI, Azurill beats Lapras with Superpower, and (suicide but still) beats Starmie with Double Edge.

This is not Battling Center, but Azurill has already a strong UU presence. If the Fairy-type helps things out, we may see it in OU in the Gen 6 metagame...

This is not Battling Center, but Azurill has already a strong UU presence. If the Fairy-type helps things out, we may see it in OU in the Gen 6 metagame...

Not to be pedantic, but I think you mean Azumarill... Azurill is a tiny, emo baby Pokemon :p

Azumarill may very easily become OU if Fairy has an immunity (or even resistance) to Dragon, due to its powerful Ice Punch.

In general, do you think we'll see the Fairy-type become more of a predominant Dragon-counter than Steel, or will they be equally useful?

In general, do you think we'll see the Fairy-type become more of a predominant Dragon-counter than Steel, or will they be equally useful?

As long as we don't know a lot about the new type, we can't really know. Steel has 10 resistances, after all, but if Fairy does not have more than one of Fire/Ground/Fighting weaknesees, it's quite possible.

Not to be pedantic, but I think you mean Azumarill... Azurill is a tiny, emo baby Pokemon :p

Azumarill may very easily become OU if Fairy has an immunity (or even resistance) to Dragon, due to its powerful Ice Punch.

Steel is very defensive (stat wise) right? So hopefully can fairy be more aggressive, so similar but different hopefully.

I just hope Xavier isn't the default name for the boy. :| It's so bloody boring when the boy HAS to be first version. So much for shaking things up. Bah. And Fairy Type...ehhh, I'm on the fence with that. I sincerely hoped that was a rumor. I'll grow to love it, yes, but still...

I just hope Xavier isn't the default name for the boy. :| It's so bloody boring when the boy HAS to be first version. So much for shaking things up. Bah. And Fairy Type...ehhh, I'm on the fence with that. I sincerely hoped that was a rumor. I'll grow to love it, yes, but still...

Have the protagonist names been revealed? I doubt it, they should introduce NPC's first!!!

Have the protagonist names been revealed? I doubt it, they should introduce NPC's first!!!

A screenshot notes the male's name as Xavier. It may just be a placeholder name like Blair and Whitlea were for Hilbert and Hilda.

That's a something. Are we sure the bird is Fletchling's evo? It definitely looks like it, but well...

I'm rather liking the little crustacean.. thing... whatever it is. It's design looks neat.

The red bird thing looks a bit stout to fly well, IMHO.

No. We're not sure. We'll likely be getting this stuff on the official main site soon, though.

If you look at the screenshot with Haunter and the bird pokemon, you see in the background a sprite of haunter in the same style as froakie and the houndour.

Am I just overanalyzing this, or is there something to this?

Not really sure what you're seeing.
AgiMMGa.png
It's probably just crossfading between two images.

^Yeah.

Also, the Pokemon twitter said:

Just a reminder, Trainers! We’re live-tweeting the Nintendo Developer Roundtable tonight at 6 p.m. PT. Who’s ready for more #PokemonXY news?

So it looks like there's more! =]

Back
Top Bottom