• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The E3 Round-table Thread

If little is good then more must be better.

BRING ON THE SPOILERS> I NEED TEH INFO!!

Out of the three Pokemon shown there, I think I like the blue one that looks like it could be a Water/Bug or Water/Rock type, at least based on the few images we have here, the most. The bird definitely looks like it could be an evolution for Fletchling and the seahorse does give off a Poison vibe to me. At least we should get even more news from the official site and the official Pokemon Twitter account later tonight.

The first... Thing... Looks like a Horsea on meth (Not even once).

Angry crustacean thing is pretty cool. Don't piss that bloke off, aye?!

An image of sky battles has leaked

2z8oo5w.png

(Courtesy of Serebii: here's a direct link: http://i40.tinypic.com/2z8oo5w.png)

So...uh...yeah...sky battles confirmed.

EDIT: Bulbagarden got it first; my apologies!

Last edited:
I really hope there's Diving Battles as well.

I really hope there's Diving Battles as well.

This might be a little random but I was kind of hoping for some platforming. I think it would be cool if you had to platform up a mountain to get a legendary Pokemon or something like that. Would just help evolve the game a bit more, know what I mean?

Wait a minute, Pokemon with Levitate can participate? Oh boy. Rotom can get rid of most pesky Flying-types.

Not to mention that Fan Rotom has double the credentials to participate, since as Fan Rotom since BW, it's Electric/Flying, and having Levitate in all forms makes it the only Flying Pokémon to have Levitate...

It's beginning.

Right now it's just talk about the history and Ishihara asking people which device they first used to play Pokemon.

The president of pokemon is giving a brief history of pokemon and is happy that we now have simultaneity. Sound familiar? Yeah, looks like for now they'll just be going through what was in the first few news announcements.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Per Bulbagarden Twitter:

We're apparently going to be hearing more about connectivity features in Pokémon X & Y from Junichi Masuda himself later.

Per the official twitter:

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will refine the core aspects of Pokémon games: collecting, battling, and trading.
From this, I'm expecting zero change. Especially since they said refine, not revolutionize, as they usually do.

Masuda on stage now

A trailer showing stuff we know and "the main character grinding down a rail," per bulbagarden.

The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade.

Last edited:
Names and types of two pokemon are revealed: Skrelp (Poison/Water seahorse) and Clauncher (Water crustacean).

^Yep. Also:

Pokémon X & Y features multiple camera viewpoints, including a split-screen view.
PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade. Split into Friends, Acquaintances and those you Pass By. They can then be promoted all the way up to friends as you interact and can hold up to 100 friends.

Per Bulbagarden and SPP, respectively.

Trying to get some confirmation on this, but apparently you may be able to trade directly from your PC, without the Pokémon in your party.

That is to say; from anywhere--not just in a pokemon center.

To clarify another earlier tweet....the riding Pokémon stuff shown in the opening wasn't just Gogoat, looks like others will be rideable to
Yay!!!!

Last edited:
Pokebeach said something about a Fire-type dog pokemon being revealed.
Rhyhorn or Rhydon is also rideable.

Pokebeach said something about a Fire-type dog pokemon being revealed.
Rhyhorn or Rhydon is also rideable.

Interesting.

In the trailer on the site, you see a Rhyhorn chilling in a pool in one scene.

^Wait...what???

Also horde encounters; that was the Froakie Hounsor thing on pokebeach. Sounds cool!

In the most unexpected announcement of this year, pokemon-amie will have an effect on battle.

RichIGN said:
Strong bond will result in more critical hits or better dodging.

Lol, I joked about this and the touching Pokemon idea in the Mr. XY rumor I made.

The new Horde encounters feature sounds intense. 5 on 1 battles will be very interesting to behold.

Back
Top Bottom