• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Elite Tournament

Question, can you use leadendarys like Latios or not

I'm sorry, I've been so busy with other projects I've had very little time to update the OP. Sign ups officially end today 4:30 PM CST. I'll update the rules and post the bracket when I'm home. I hope everyone is looking forward to the tournament.

Da Rules

Alright guys lets check out some rules for the battles.

Team Clause

You may only use 6 pokemon on a team, and can't switch out any pokemon during the tournament.

Battle Video Clause

The winner of the battle must post the video within an hour of the match.

Forfeit Clause

Any disconnection for any reason counts as a loss for the person who's disconnected.

Brackets
@TerraTF; vs @-Glory Blaze-;
@superbobbobbob3; vs @White Crow;
@JustTheFx; vs @sharkshocker;
@DragonEspeon; vs @Alexey;
@TheRealJDawgz; vs @BadAssGardevoir;
@X Dragoon; vs @Lunacy;

Guys I'm sorry to say I wont be in the tournament due to several factors.

Last edited:
The tournament has started! Everyne should try to get their battles in today! Thank You!

The tournament has started! Everyne should try to get their battles in today! Thank You!

Were the battles randomly chosen? They don't feel random.

Yes they were chosen randomly. I can't say I wasn't pleasantly surprised with the outcome though. I guess it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is. You can back out if you feel the match up to be unfair, but I promise I in no way rigged the tournament.

Lost to GB 0-2. Think I've proven myself. He should be PMing you the video.

7ZGG WWWW WWW6 7VTM

Despite some minor hax, a good match. We each made some minor misplays like me assuming his xxxx was bulky and thinking I'd outspeed his priority move with Sucker Punch, and him locking into Outrage while my Scarf Hydreigon was still around, but overall a pretty high level of play on both sides :)

Might be smart to remove the Pokemon. I don't like my team being publicized until I'm done with it.

7ZGG WWWW WWW6 7VTM

Despite some minor hax, a good match. We each made some minor misplays like me assuming his Scizor was bulky and thinking I'd outspeed his Bullet Punch with Sucker Punch, and him locking into Outrage while my Scarf Hydreigon was still around, but overall a pretty high level of play on both sides :)

Might be smart to remove the Pokemon. I don't like my team being publicized until I'm done with it.

blanked out your mons' names, but that's sort of weird I won't lie. Your team is pretty standard so not sure why you feel the need for secrecy?

Good game guys. I really enjoyed watching the battle! I'm definently voting to put it on our youtube channel at the end of round 1.

Ok winners of the first few matches are:

-Glory Blaze-
X Dragoon
Sharkshocker
superbobbobbob3
TheRealJDawgz
DragonEspeon

Last edited:
5N5W-WWWW-WWW6-82PL vs. @JustTheFx WON 2-0

This was seriously just a comeback, I was expecting to get swept once his Aegislash started going. Very good game! :D

EDIT: Got worried about the "big legendaries" rule for a second there, the first time I bring Celebi into a battle too whew @_@

Nah your good my man. I'll watch the video when my 3DS is handy, but it sounds like a great game! I look forward to watching it.

Ok winners of the first few matches are:

-Glory Blaze-
X Dragoon
Sharkshocker
superbobbobbob3
I won the match, due to foreting and communication failyer, But it a awsome battle, wish i could of saved it

@Alexey; @BadAssGardevoir; @DragonEspeon; @TheRealJDawgz;

It's been a few days since the start of the tournament, and you all haven't got your battles in yet. I'm giving you all a 24 hour deadline before I select a random winner for the battles. I want to keep this as quick as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm still waiting for @DragonEspeon to reply. It's been two days :/

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom