• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Elite Tournament

One thing (deliberately making a post here rather than PM/VMing, so that everyone, most importantly myself, can see it right away). @DragonEspeon; in case you decide to battle anywhere within the next 5 hours, I will have to decline, as it's 4 am in my time zone and, frankly, I'm sleeping. Apologies in advance

Sorry, it's just that me and BAG are rarely on together it seems and I've been busier than usual lately :/

I beat Alexey in what could quite possibly be the most insane and awesome battle I've ever had. Good job dude! ZLAG WWWW WWW6 AD7W.

@superbobbobbob3; @TerraTF; @sharkshocker; @-Glory Blaze-; @White Crow; @JustTheFx; @DragonEspeon; @Alexey; @TheRealJDawgz; @BadAssGardevoir; @X Dragoon; @Lunacy;

Alright guys now its time for the voting round! Everyone gets a vote so even if you lost your match I'd still like you to cast your vote. You'll be voting on videos from round one to go up on the channel. You can vote for your own battle, but I'd like you to vote for the best battle. Only vote for yours if you feel it deserves it. With that being said the videos you can vote for are:

TerraTF VS. -Glory Blaze 3
7ZGG-WWWW-WWW6-7VTM

Sharkshocker VS. JustTheFX 1
5N5W-WWWW-WWW6-82PL

TheRealJDawgz VS. BadAssGardevoir
53HW-WWWW-WWW6-9QRE

DragonEspeon VS. Alexey 1
ZLAG-WWWW-WWW6-ADZW

Last edited:
Me vs. GB

One of my most wanted battles ended up actually being good.

Dropping out (for the second time >.>;) due to the fact that my 3DS spontaneously broke down :(

Alright guys now its time for the voting round! Everyone gets a vote so even if you lost your match I'd still like you to cast your vote. You'll be voting on videos from round one to go up on the channel. You can vote for your own battle, but I'd like you to vote for the best battle. Only vote for yours if you feel it deserves it. With that being said the videos you can vote for are:

TerraTF VS. -Glory Blaze 1
7ZGG-WWWW-WWW6-7VTM

Sharkshocker VS. JustTheFX
5N5W-WWWW-WWW6-82PL

TheRealJDawgz VS. BadAssGardevoir
53HW-WWWW-WWW6-9QRE

DragonEspeon VS. Alexey
ZLAG-WWWW-WWW6-ADZW

Dragon vs Alexey has the wrong code~
As for the votes,
. Terra vs Glory match was probably just a regular OU match. Nothing that isn't that game breaking, play making, or jaw dropping happened, nor did a troll pokemon was used.
. JDawgs vs BadAssG was a mostly UU team getting beaten by an OU team.
. Dragon vs Alexey .... wrong coding
. Me vs Shocker I think is probably the best to upload out of the 3? It showed misplays on my part, it can showcase unconventional sets, and how a mono-team isn't that hard to beat.
And yeah, that's my opinion o_O

Actually, yesterday I've managed to watch the replay that @DragonEspeon; has posted
Still, in case that something did happen, I've also saved the video (the battle wasn't without mistakes, especially on my part, but it sure was intense, plus you never know when you might need backup :D), so I can provide the code.
It's A9XW-WWWW-WWW6-BWCA

EDIT: As for the voting, I can't choose whether to vote for my battle or for Shocker v Fx. Mine has uses of lower-tier pokemon (both correct and wrong uses) in an OU match and intensity, while Shocker v FX doesn't just have a monotype team, but a freakin' psychic monotype team. Aaaaaaaaarrrgh... I can't decide! To further complicate things, my ego tells me to vote for mine, but my niceness tells me to vote for Shocker v FX. Uuugghhh...

2nd EDIT: Flipped a coin. I vote for my battle

Last edited:
Voting for Terra vs me since it is a straight OU match with few gimmicks, so it will be the most applicable/relatable battle to most viewers. It can be fun to watch gimmick battles, but most of the time you won't be encountering mono-Psychic teams or UU teams in OU so they're not as helpful for new players to watch. IMO my battle is the best learning-experience wise and that's sort of the point of our channel - and it's not like it's a boring cookie-cutter vs cookie-cutter match, there's some cool stuff (IMO :p) like Cacturne in there.

By the way, if the main purpose is education, then I suggest that whatever battle gets published, it should get a commentary. Preferably BAKs, as he's the only most neutral person here :D

So am I, but I'm honestly not sure until an explicit confirmation is given :D

To answer a few questions, no Terra you aren't guaranteed a spot in the next round. I will be randomly selecting a person who lost in the first round. I will be narrating the battles, but I might try to get another gym leader to do a co commentary.

To answer a few questions, no Terra you aren't guaranteed a spot in the next round. I will be randomly selecting a person who lost in the first round. I will be narrating the battles, but I might try to get another gym leader to do a co commentary.

I was assuming it'd be me due to GB being my opponent in the first round

I'm gonna break the trend of voting for your own battle and go with GB vs. TerraTF, one of the first vids of the channel should showcase a conventional battle with standard teams, and good use of Cacturne is put to use here.

I was assuming it'd be me due to GB being my opponent in the first round

It is a reasonable assumption to make, but in the end it wouldn't be fair to the other participants who got knocked out of the tournament.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom