• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The English dub is being released too slowly to be an effective promotional tool in 2020

You've already said this... MULTIPLE times... We get it...
To be fair, we both have on the Japanese OST replacements and censorship too, but it's stunning what many will settle for to me here is all.

My point is simple: until there's a large enough demand for legal subs, TPCi won't change the operandi they and 4Kids before them/4KMedia operated under here. The thing that I wonder though, since 4Kids by the time of their demise and 4KMedia offer legal subbed Yu-Gi-Oh on Crunchyroll and of their other properties towards their end (Konami does as well, believe it or not, even uploads the OG Japanese OPs of YGO to YouTube unlike TPCi w/Pokemon save Mezase Pokemon Master one time in an AMV), would they have done the same for Pokémon had they held onto the license and not been stupid enough to let it lapse w/o checking on it carefully? Something to think about...

Off topic but isn't that the click bait site with multiple articles on "top 10 ways so and so anime character ruined their likability"? They suck!
Yes, it's the new WatchMojo, just absolute fail all around: never know a thing about what they're talking about, always badly out of touch with actual fans of various franchises, etc.

AnimeAmerica is really solid, though, besides them I like JPRPT98 and CartoonGamer8000 on YouTube as users.

Last edited:
I'd say this was a weird bump, but this actually feels even more relevant with all the buzz about a new show starting, and yet there's no way at all to watch it legally in English, subbed or dubbed.

I'd say this was a weird bump, but this actually feels even more relevant with all the buzz about a new show starting, and yet there's no way at all to watch it legally in English, subbed or dubbed.
What's amazing is that the official Pokémon Twitter is aware of this, and is still posting spoilers about Horizons/Liko & Roy so far (literally kind of encouraging...less than savory means, here, inadvertently): really would hope since it's a new Series they'd join the 21st Century in dubbing and go back to the way things were going in 2011 with Season 14 in general since that's what we were supposedly promised, but no sign of that in the near future so far (in fact, really the opposite, at the moment). The one bright side is the current dub going Union with the new Series according to BigDocFan, but what that entails, isn't fully known yet.

Honestly the technology is there for the dub to be released 24 hours after the Japanese airing. It worked for Tomo-chan is a Girl, why can’t it work for Pokemon?

Last edited:
It's because they literally don't want to and just see the show as content that can be clipped around and shared as promotion whenever.

Also let's be real: Crunchyroll doesn't do nearly as much simuldubs as they once did back during the FUNimation days aside from rare occasions every now and then like Season 3 of Mob Psycho 100 and Tomo-chan as mentioned with most of their recent dubs coming out a couple of days after they premiered in Japan.

I can only imagine how challenging it would be for a simuldub to be made especially when the script/casting would have to be done as quickly as possible and the situations where actors could suddenly be unavailable or fell ill and needed a quick fill-in voice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom