• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Ever Expanding Pit of Gacha Games

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already to be honest! Welcome to the land I've decidedly dubbed the, uh, "General Gacha Game Discussion Thread". I've dipped my toes in quite a number of these, so much so that I find the topic interesting both from the games themselves to discussing the marketing behind them (such as the formula for each and where 'the wall is'). Obviously PokeMas falls into this category as well, but I'd like this to be focused on non PokeMas gacha games since we already have a dedicated place for Masters over in Other Pokemon Games. Feel free to talk about games that simply have 'gacha elements' as well, but I'd like this to remain a topic about games that are marketed as such.

That being said! Do you play any currently? General thoughts on them as a whole (we all know about the ills of gambling, please play responsibly!) and if some are more 'fair' than others? Any you play because you like the art, the franchise or plot? Favorite kinds?

I've played a lot of gacha because it's often my way to kill time when I'm unable to do much else. I'm a fan of what's often dubbed 'the working man's gacha' as in, gacha games that can be left on auto and (perhaps ironic to say) not necessarily be played at all. They're called this because they are meant to have gameplay that's both quick and leisurely enough to play on a commute, often on the way to work. I like the false sense of productivity I get from them LOL, but also because I tend to play them while preoccupied with something else, so I don't like to focus on them too much. I do play some more intensive ones though, such as tower defense types and most strongly rhythm game types, but only because that's stuff I willingly engage in as opposed to auto battlers.

I also tend to play a gacha consistently for a long time and then drop it for MONTHS (usually 9 months or so) and return to it later. I kinda rotate between them.

Gacha I've played and my current status with them in no particular order (a shamefully long list):

Arknights - (status: picking back up. 'main' gacha)
Limbus Company - (status: pending)
Reverse 1999 - (status: secondary main gacha)
PokeMas - (status: hiatus)
Azur Lane - (status: hiatus)
Twisted Wonderland - (status: hiatus, may drop.)
Touhou Danmaku Kagura - (status: would be main, but gone too soon. RIP servers)
BanG Dream! - (status: not really a hiatus because rhythm games I play whenever, but haven't touched in a while.)
Granblue Fantasy - (status: hiatus, may drop. Too demanding.)
Merc Storia - (status: hiatus, still love this one though)
Ensemble Stars! - (status: unknown. Have no real desire to play it again but sunk cost fallacy)
Ensemble Stars!! - (status: hiatus. Rhythm game rule.)
Bungou Stray Dogs Mayoi EN/JP - (status: hiatus? I'm a mod of the main discord for this game so I feel some degree of responsibility keeping up with it, but I just shamefully haven't touched it in a while)
Alice Closet - (status: hiatus, Dress up game gacha so kinda falls under my rhythm game rule of touching it. server life not looking so good tho)
Touhou LostWord - (status: hiatus, may drop. rates are too abysmal for me but I love Touhou.)
Priconne - (status: hiatus)
NND COMPASS - (status: hiatus but it's a MOBA. Similar to rhythm game rule.)
Luna Storia - (status: dropped. servers shut down and new game rebooted but I have no desire to touch it again.)
Food Fantasy - (status: unknown. sunk cost fallacy LOL)
Identity V - (status: hiatus. I love it, but I just don't find time for it anymore.)
Arcaea - (status: Rhythm game rule)
Touken Ranbu - (status: dropped, goodnight sweet prince)
Time Princess - (status: unknown. I picked this up for an irl friend. Might go back to it might drop)
Sino Alice - (status: dropped too soon o7 RIP)
Kancolle - (status: dropped, but my fondness for it remains)

Meaning to try list but haven't gotten around to:
Blue Archive
D4DJ
Punishing Gray Raven
Girls Frontline
Project Sekai: ColorfulStage

Currently, I've been focusing on Reverse 1999 since it's a new release. It seems pretty promising from a company that's finding it's feet! Art is beautiful, I like the plot and I appreciate the diversity in the characters.

I have some thoughts to share about some I've mentioned in my list, but to keep this from being a wall I'll wait till you guys join in! o/

Last edited:
Oh shoot you weren’t talking about Gacha series games (Verse, Club, etc.)
I’ve heard of Bang Dream! before, I used to be very into it, but I’m not anymore.
Girls Frontline sounds interesting
My favorite is Pokémon Masters (I’m so glad Elaine and Penny are in it!)

The only ones I still play daily are Touken Ranbu (JP), Fate/Grand Order, Twisted Wonderland, Tokyo Revengers Pazuribe! (JP), and Ensemble Stars. Male only gachas are what I generally prefer over the sheer abundance of 'waifu' gachas, but in the cases of FGO and TR Pazuribe there are female characters I actually like, so those two I give a pass for. (though for the latter, TR literally only has three important/'main' girls, so)

Ones I've used to play and currently dropped are Fire Emblem Heroes, Pokemon Masters, UtaPri Shining Live (even before the shutdown), Dragalia Lost (again before shutdown), Dawn of the Breakers, Genshin Impact, Granblue Fantasy, Bungou Stray Dogs TotL, and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. There were a few more but those I didn't list since they were more of a spur of the moment thing, and didn't really stick around long enough. The ones I've dropped, aside from server shutdowns, are because I've either grown bored of them or was taking too much storage. Plus, I don't really feel like committing to any more mobile/gacha games outside of those I still play/enjoy.

I think my two favorites are Touken Ranbu and TR Pazuribe, though. The former was my first ever gacha and I had help from a very good friend to use the JP server when the game released in 2015, and after being in the fandom since then before the anime/manga adaptations, I've made so many more friends from it that it holds a special place in my heart; plus, a lot of the old guard from then are returning, so it makes playing it even more fun. The latter is simply because I just like the mindless fun the gameplay is, and Officer Ran is just a blessing that he'll never leave my team. I'm just glad TR Pazuribe is finally getting an English translation releasing this December, already did the pre-registration so I'm determined to play on this server too.

Despite basing a lot of my online presence around certain ones (namely #COMPASS and Project Sekai), I don't actually currently play any? Like I have those two I mentioned and Fire Emblem Heroes downloaded but I haven't logged into any of them in months.

I alsyo used to play Granblue Fantasy, Princess Connect (rip en server) and Dragalia Lost (rip just in general) but for various reasons (granblue became a slog and dragalia and en priconne got taken behind the shed) I don't play any of them anymore either. And I ALMOST played Ensemble Stars but I ended up getting reallysuper into Compass instead before I said I'd download it (I said a few times I'd download it after the initial run of the Evillious Chronicles collab on the global server for Project Sekai).

(alsyo, what video is your sigpic from because that looks Extremely like MMD)

only gacha I really play is Limbus Company bc i was a fan of their previous non-gacha releases and I'm really only in it for the story and characters. Have an entire fan visual novel project in the works set in the world of Lobotomy Corporation/Limbus so ! I played PokeMas some a while back but im not super into it anymore, and I played CROB a loooong time ago but dropped that bc it got...Ridiculously difficult without whaling

I'm aware of the Projmoon/Limbus controversy from summer but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the world and characters so I don't dwell on it much. I enjoy things critically and don't give them money anymore so its fine

• Staff
I’ve heard of Bang Dream! before, I used to be very into it, but I’m not anymore.
Bang dream is genuinely so fun, but I swear I’m cursed in it’s gacha, I keep getting the same Arisa base SSR… LOL
Male only gachas are what I generally prefer over the sheer abundance of 'waifu' gachas,
I agree I almost always prefer gacha with boy majority, but a lot of them are idol based stuff and as much as I love Enstars and respect Utapri fans, I just wish gacha with male character focus had more variety. I mean we have Touken Ranbu, though I don’t play it anymore I still look at it fondly, but there just isn’t as much variance in themes and genres overall. As much as I don’t really care for Genshin at all (putting this as politely as I can), I do appreciate that it brought more attention to male characters in the market so hopefully we can see some evolution soon.

Plus, I don't really feel like committing to any more mobile/gacha games outside of those I still play/enjoy.
Yeah I’m the same, I commit to two at the time at most. I just kinda dance between them but I almost always go back to Arknights in the end. I wish I could go back to Limbus but, it’s a bit hard after recent events…

Despite basing a lot of my online presence around certain ones (namely #COMPASS
Oh, hey! Never thought I’d see another COMPASS fan here! I love that game to bits even though I only touch it every few months. I was going to ask you who you main, but given you don’t play it I assume you follow the songs? Which is your fav? You should definitely still play it if you get the chance, the netcode is insane! I just wish it had a proper PC port.

alsyo, what video is your sigpic from because that looks Extremely like MMD)
My signature is an MMD video! (You’re the first to ask actually! Consider me impressed!) I’m away from PC atm, but if you would like the video I can DM it to you, it’s very cute.

I'm aware of the Projmoon/Limbus controversy from summer but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the world and characters so I don't dwell on it much. I enjoy things critically and don't give them money anymore so its fine
So!! I also didn’t expect to come across another Limbus player, and as I’m typing this, I’m trying very, VERY hard not to derail my own thread just to talk about Project Moon works, mostly because what I want to tell you is stuff I cannot disclose publicly.

I will say though (though if you’ve seen my art thread you probably already know this) Project Moon works are also where my heart is so I’m with you there. I was actually in charge of localizing all of Yesod’s lines in the Lobotomy Corporation retranslation project, so every line you see spoken by Yesod in Lob was localized by yours truly! (Should you want more details on this I could go into it in DMs)

I’m glad that you’re able to still play the game and follow it, genuinely. I really honest to god wish I could do the same, and it is highly likely a result of my own degree of separation, but I just can’t bring myself to play it anymore due to what’s going on, the whole thing has just felt so sour… But PM works mean so much to me… idk, I hope the feeling will pass but time will tell. Sorry for the tangent here LOL.

That said!

CROB a loooong time ago but dropped that bc it got...Ridiculously difficult without whaling
My memory is failing me, what gacha is CROB short for? I bet it’s something I knew and forgot…

So!! I also didn’t expect to come across another Limbus player, and as I’m typing this, I’m trying very, VERY hard not to derail my own thread just to talk about Project Moon works, mostly because what I want to tell you is stuff I cannot disclose publicly.

I will say though (though if you’ve seen my art thread you probably already know this) Project Moon works are also where my heart is so I’m with you there. I was actually in charge of localizing all of Yesod’s lines in the Lobotomy Corporation retranslation project, so every line you see spoken by Yesod in Lob was localized by yours truly! (Should you want more details on this I could go into it in DMs)

I’m glad that you’re able to still play the game and follow it, genuinely. I really honest to god wish I could do the same, and it is highly likely a result of my own degree of separation, but I just can’t bring myself to play it anymore due to what’s going on, the whole thing has just felt so sour… But PM works mean so much to me… idk, I hope the feeling will pass but time will tell. Sorry for the tangent here LOL.

That said!

My memory is failing me, what gacha is CROB short for? I bet it’s something I knew and forgot…
CROB is cookie run ovenbreak!

And wow that's really interesting! I'd love to hear more in dms :0 And yeah, it was really hard for me too, it felt bad and sour and I have OCD which really resurfaced when things were at the height of the controversy. but like... It was one of the things that was keeping me going through a really tough time, plus it's a special interest of mine, so it's really hard to just ditch. I've just kinda convinced myself it's fine as long as I don't give them any more money. I don't even boot up the game all that often tbh, the whole thing sucks so bad and I really hope that things change down the line... It's not a pleasant thing to talk or think about but it is important to keep in mind when engaging w/ PM works. I mostly just use their worldbuilding for my own stories nowadays?? My fanproject will have a big fat "Not Affiliated" stamped on it, that's for sure

I love this topic!! Super great idea coming up with this♡♡

I'm a very very casual player of gacha games honestly... I play PokéMas, Project Sekai, and BanG Dream at varying levels, but honestly I'm not that invested in them?

Out of everything I love PokéMas the most, it's my absolute favorite — I have periods where I log in and play every day for weeks, and periods where I don't touch it for months LOL. I usually get sucked back in when there are new events with the characters I love. (mostly if it's lisia pokémon or emmet) I remember spending all my gems for the 2023 New Year's Lisia pull and didn't get her at first!! But I legged it out anyways, thankfully, and got her in the end. I think this thread might make me get back into it LOL.

As for Project Sekai, I'm even more hands-off! I play a few different mobile rhythm games, but exclusively for the rhythm game component, not the gacha. It feels bad to say this, but I outright skip through the story parts LOL... I just don't really care about any of it that's not the actual voca characters. That's also why I have all the songs set to their original vocaloid versions too... I just want to see Miku and have fun LOL.

I play BanG Dream even even less, and I'm not familiar with the story whatsoever! Despite this, I will always say that Afterglow and Morfonica are my favorite bands in the game/franchise.

Touhou Danmaku Kagura was another one Blanc got me on, and I'm still sad that they shut it down!!! At least in the end they're bringing it to Steam I guess but still...

...I genuinely wasn't aware that Arcaea was a gacha??? I play the Switch version where you get a lot of the DLCs just from buying the game out of pure convenience, and god, it's probably my favorite touch-based rhythm game. It's soooo smooth and all of the music is genuinely so so so great. (I am not very good at it though because I am a thumb player LMAO)

I tried out D4DJ but it was a bit too difficult for my tastes sadly... and I've been meaning to properly download Arknights! (so I can have another thing to talk about with you neechan!! I know it is something you really really like..)

All in all... I am very open to reccomendations LOL. I really only ever play rhythm game gachas, but, well, you know?? Sometimes I use this engine called Sonolus for when I want the base experience for a few of the common games, it basically has the beatmap files without all the gacha trappings and I prefer it much much more!

If only PangYa Mobile was still around... PangYa is one of my favorite game (franchises) ever, so I wish the mobile game was still here, god... that is my biggest want!!

Oh, hey! Never thought I’d see another COMPASS fan here! I love that game to bits even though I only touch it every few months. I was going to ask you who you main, but given you don’t play it I assume you follow the songs? Which is your fav? You should definitely still play it if you get the chance, the netcode is insane! I just wish it had a proper PC port.
oh my god hi??????
i havent played it in a while obv but when i did i mained accelerator, my fav original characters (character-wise) are pororotcho and delmin though. alsyo my fav song from it is probably absolute.
(and i would like the link to the video you mentioned
minihehe.png
)

OMG YEA this is. i dont play any of them any more actually but here is/was my list
  • azur lane (may or may not pick back up? dunno)
  • genshin impact (i keep SAAAYINGG i'll get back into it but i havent. on hold i guess)
  • f/go (i have fond memories of it but ive dropped all type moon products. including melty blood and unib for now until i know whether or not for sure they're safe to play)
  • pokemas (i would still be playing the shit out of it if it worked on my current phone)
  • feh (read above)
  • animal crossing: pocket camp (okay whether or not it's gacha is debatable but sure, why not. the fortune cookie thing is a huge part of that game. anyway it was a formative part of my adolescence though i probably wouldnt pick it back up in the future)

never really been big into gachas.. i've only ever really played two: pokemasters ex (in which i've played the first... year? or so and then when things started to get more complex i fell off of it), and dragalia lost (played this for a bit before also falling off). i actually genuinely miss the latter, i've never really had the time to play it a lot before it got shut down...

CROB is cookie run ovenbreak!
My stupid ass completely forgot about Cookie Run!! LOL thank you for rejogging my memory. I don't play it but I have a lot of friends who do.
And wow that's really interesting! I'd love to hear more in dms :0 And yeah, it was really hard for me too, it felt bad and sour and I have OCD which really resurfaced when things were at the height of the controversy. but like... It was one of the things that was keeping me going through a really tough time, plus it's a special interest of mine, so it's really hard to just ditch. I've just kinda convinced myself it's fine as long as I don't give them any more money. I don't even boot up the game all that often tbh, the whole thing sucks so bad and I really hope that things change down the line... It's not a pleasant thing to talk or think about but it is important to keep in mind when engaging w/ PM works. I mostly just use their worldbuilding for my own stories nowadays?? My fanproject will have a big fat "Not Affiliated" stamped on it, that's for sure
I'll shoot you a DM sometime soon about it! I can't explain everything I want to as there are parts of my connection to Project Moon that are just much safer left unspoken, but I'd love to chat about what I can! As someone also with OCD (though I'm lucky my case isn't as extreme) I completely understand, and I'm really sorry it made you have to go through all that. I'm glad you're able to manage engagement in a way that's healthy for you though! Speaking of, you'll also have to tell me more about that fanproject! And who are your favorite Limbus sinners? Yi Sang and Sinclair are tied for 1st in my heart.
Out of everything I love PokéMas the most, it's my absolute favorite — I have periods where I log in and play every day for weeks, and periods where I don't touch it for months LOL. I usually get sucked back in when there are new events with the characters I love. (mostly if it's lisia pokémon or emmet) I remember spending all my gems for the 2023 New Year's Lisia pull and didn't get her at first!! But I legged it out anyways, thankfully, and got her in the end. I think this thread might make me get back into it LOL.
I've been MEANING to get back to PokeMas, it makes me happy you have Lisia and Emmet greet you!!<3 I keep meaning to go back to it and save for the inevitable damocles it's holding over my head regarding my two sons, but I just am sooo bad at balancing more than two gacha at a time!! It's time will come though. Between that or Azur Lane. Congrats again on your new years Lisia, Lisia! LOL
...I genuinely wasn't aware that Arcaea was a gacha??? I play the Switch version where you get a lot of the DLCs just from buying the game out of pure convenience, and god, it's probably my favorite touch-based rhythm game. It's soooo smooth and all of the music is genuinely so so so great. (I am not very good at it though because I am a thumb player LMAO)
I'll be honest it's been so long since I touched it I can't remember, so if I'm wrong I'll just remove it from my list. I'm so used to mobage having some sort of gacha in a variation or other these days. I still like it a lot! But I definitely need a bigger screen to properly enjoy it. (I'm also a thumb player)
I tried out D4DJ but it was a bit too difficult for my tastes sadly... and I've been meaning to properly download Arknights! (so I can have another thing to talk about with you neechan!! I know it is something you really really like..)
Gameplay wise D4DJ looks RIGHT up my alley, yet I just haven't touched it! All these gacha downloaded to my phone I don't even open... LOL. Project Sekai is also right up my alley and I have sooo many people tell me that (I also have it downloaded) but that one I'm just adverse to touching for some reason I can only liken to mild fandom poisoning (and being an old guard for Hatsune Miku and admittedly taking psychic damage every time people tell me they thought she was just a 'project sekai character') but hopefully I'll get over it.
Sometimes I use this engine called Sonolus for when I want the base experience for a few of the common games, it basically has the beatmap files without all the gacha trappings and I prefer it much much more!
That's really neat! I will say though in my personal experience rhythm games with gacha tend to be the least predatory gacha out there, because you aren't barred from playing the game even if you run out of stamina usually. (Let me preface that ALL gacha is predatory of course, at the end of the day it's all gambling, it's just about 'where the wall is' that varies per game, and rhythm gacha tend to have the most forgiving wall). Touhou Danmaku Kagura is a great example of this, the wall was almost too forgiving, and as popular as it was it made no money to continue live service because it was too kind to the playerbase.
oh my god hi??????
i havent played it in a while obv but when i did i mained accelerator, my fav original characters (character-wise) are pororotcho and delmin though. alsyo my fav song from it is probably absolute.
Hi!!!!!!! Oh wow, I don't think I played when Accelerator released but I loved him a lot in Railgun. Delmin is soooo cute!! It's probably obvious but my favorite is Coquelicot even if she's pretty hard to play. I love Son Yuriev both as a character and playing him, he's sooo fun (I even roleplayed him a little!) Others I like in no particular order are Adam, Luciano, Megu Megu, Ignis, and Reiya ( I also played), and Gustav. I think Gustav's theme and Coquelicot's are my favs.
(and i would like the link to the video you mentioned
minihehe.png
)
I was gonna DM it because I was feeling shy about it (lol)... But I watched it again and felt spirited so, here you go! the animation of them in it is sooooo cute. I won't get too off topic but I love it a lot and I hope you do too!! <3
azur lane (may or may not pick back up? dunno)
Oh, hey! I didn't know you'd play AL, Beryl! Got a favorite boat? AL is one of the gacha I've played consistently the longest so I'm kind of devoted to it now, I may be away but my return is inevitable. I'll add you if you're on the same server! (gotta check which im on)
animal crossing: pocket camp (okay whether or not it's gacha is debatable but sure, why not. the fortune cookie thing is a huge part of that game. anyway it was a formative part of my adolescence though i probably wouldnt pick it back up in the future)
...Genuinely forgot this game had gacha LOL. Haven't touched it in ages.

never really been big into gachas.. i've only ever really played two: pokemasters ex (in which i've played the first... year? or so and then when things started to get more complex i fell off of it), and dragalia lost (played this for a bit before also falling off). i actually genuinely miss the latter, i've never really had the time to play it a lot before it got shut down...
Understandable tbh! I was actually pretty shocked when Dragalia shut down, something about it just seemed so unexpected. I must shamefully admit I downloaded it when it launched and then... Never touched it.

I will also admit there was this bootleg Pokemon gacha I played because it had Pokejinkas in it and I thought that was cool even though the game itself kinda sucked LOL. It was cool for the art though.

Oh, hey! I didn't know you'd play AL, Beryl! Got a favorite boat? AL is one of the gacha I've played consistently the longest so I'm kind of devoted to it now, I may be away but my return is inevitable. I'll add you if you're on the same server! (gotta check which im on)
honestly? it's been years and i forgot my user. T.T but i probably wiiiilll pick it back up whenever it is i get a new phone (i dont know if lisia ever told you what happened to my old one that actually like. was a phone, but i dropped the guy in a lake and my parents gave me a kiddie one as punishment aaaand i've been stuck with it for over three years now. so no app store or anything), whenever it is, and then! i will tell you! it is a pretty fun game
in terms of favorites... well there are a LOT of ships so just picking one is hard but i really love unicorn, she's so precious. though i'm also a pretty big fan of chicago (ehe... regional bias there admittedly), honolulu, laffey, and hood. (and before you ask, i have never heard of a tier list a day in my life... so i have no idea who's good or not. i just use which ones i manage to even get i guess o.o)

OH then again it is on pc isnt it (absolutely forgot about that until now)??? when im on the Good Computer (this is the potato one) i will download it. and then start it back up. and then we will be azur lane besties

My stupid ass completely forgot about Cookie Run!! LOL thank you for rejogging my memory. I don't play it but I have a lot of friends who do.

I'll shoot you a DM sometime soon about it! I can't explain everything I want to as there are parts of my connection to Project Moon that are just much safer left unspoken, but I'd love to chat about what I can! As someone also with OCD (though I'm lucky my case isn't as extreme) I completely understand, and I'm really sorry it made you have to go through all that. I'm glad you're able to manage engagement in a way that's healthy for you though! Speaking of, you'll also have to tell me more about that fanproject! And who are your favorite Limbus sinners? Yi Sang and Sinclair are tied for 1st in my heart.
Yeah I'd love to tell you more about the fanproject in DMs! It's called Stones and Birds :] Don't wanna derail the topic here though so i'll leave it at that, as for my favorite sinners I'd have to say Heathcliff at the moment, i haven't read his source material but a lot of the way he acts reminds me of how i used to be/still am to a much more controlled degree, so I relate to him a lot and thus he's very important to me. Other honorable mentions are yi sang, rodya, gregor, and meursault!

i don't play any gacha games at the moment, i've completely fallen out of them, but the main ones i've played were love live school idol festival, ensemble stars!!, project sekai, and mahoyaku. i played bandori a little bit but never really got into it. also played a little bit of idv, but never got very into it and dropped it not long after i started playing in 2020. i also have pokémas, but i only play it when there's events with characters i really like (read: n or akari (or volo if they ever show up)).

the first gacha game i ever played was actually love live; i haven't played it in years but i used to play it all the time. i've tried to play it again but i was never able to figure out how to play it again lol. i looooved mari to death. the other main ones i was into were enstars and pjsk; i was super into enstars for a year or two, leo was my favourite character in the world and i was really super into izuleo + knights, but i stopped playing when the english version came out because i didn't wanna deal with the fandom. i also was kind of outraged at where izumi and leo's story was going too. (after seeing certain things the company has done i was glad i stopped being into it.) i don't think i'll ever pick that one up again. project sekai i never got as into, but i really liked saki and haruka, and i do think the music and maps for pjsk were genuinely very fun to play. such beautiful art too! i do really enjoy rhythm games, so i can honestly see myself picking up project sekai again, because i did enjoy playing it; i would probably just be a lot less into the characters, because i'm not too good at having healthy relationships with gacha haha. as for mahoyaku, i don't know that i'd ever play the game again because i found it pretty boring, but i adored the characters and world and can honestly see myself getting back into the story and characters again. i really liked murr and shylock in particular, but rutile + riquet + chloe were good too (i actually have little orb plushes of all of them except riquet)... for those of you who were talking about wanting to play male-focused gachas that haven't heard of mahoyaku, i'd recommend it!

It's probably obvious but my favorite is Coquelicot even if she's pretty hard to play.
Ngl, was expecting your #1 fav to be one of the Yuriev brothers instead. (Though that's probably just because you're obviously a fan of the subway masters and I just feel like a lot of fans of the Yurievs end up liking them too if they happen to be Pokemon fans.) Coquelicot is pretty sillycoded though, tried playing her when I first downloaded the game but it didn't really work out.

I play Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, and PokeMas regularly. Especially love Genshin Impact as I love open world games and the characters are really engaging (if you've played through the Archon Quest in the recently released Version 4.2, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean with Furina, she's very well written and has a sympathetic and highly emotional backstory).

I also used to play Mario Kart Tour, but dropped it because I already got all of the drivers I wanted and they announced it's not getting new content (probably reaching EoS within a year-ish).

The only gacha game I really play is Pokemon Go, and even then it's only once in a blue moon. I wanted to play Magia Record when it was still out, even bought a new phone so I could play it, but Aniplex decided to just cancel the game three months later and shut it down. No, I will forever not be mad about it. But other than Pokemon Go, I don't like gacha or cellphone games, as they just feel like a big money sink, plus when the games run their course, the creators just shut them down, preventing them from being playable or even preserved, which makes me really angry because media preservation is important.

Back
Top Bottom