• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Ever Expanding Pit of Gacha Games

begging. absolutely begging. to have people to talk about genshin impact with. i have been obsessed with that game for almost 3 years now, the story is so good (especially sumeru i love you sumeru arc) the character is so good the game is so well made and the art is so beautiful and even though it makes my phone really hot i've been playing it every day.
besides genshin, i also play honkai star rail and the cookie run games (specifically ovenbreak and kingdom). i also like love live (even though i haven't played any of its games, i just like the anime). i used to play bandori before i realized that i don't like rhythm games (enstars is a similar story).

Oh heck yeah this is the thread for me.

I used to play...a lot. But nowadays many of them either closed (looking at you, Love Live! School idol festival and Love Live! All Stars) or just don't fit on my phone anymore due to the massive app sizes of existing apps I have. Still on a 64gb phone so I have to severely limit what I can play. Right now the big gachas I play daily are Princess Connect (JP version since Global closed lol) and Cookie Run Kingdom. I also have Blue Archive installed on my computer since I've no space on my phone and play occasionally, once I get a better phone I'll be getting this back on my phone and probably playing more since I spent a hefty bit of $$$ on it (probably in the $400 area). Oh and Honkai Star Rail, not playing as much as before since I got burnt out repeating the same things every day even if dailies are far easier to complete there than on Genshin because of QoL.

I play soooo many gacha games. Right now I mainly play utapri shining live (rip..), d4dj, idolish7, and occasionally enstars basic and bandori whenever my faves get an event. Used to play the Idolmaster games but after they shut down all of the sidem ones I gave up on the mobile game side of that franchise lol. Super excited for the new utapri and argonavis games!
(also recently downloaded puyo puyo quest but i honestly don't know how to feel about that one lol)

I "play" Fire Emblem Heroes in the sense that I log in every day, collect my daily orbs and do my one free summon per banner, saving up orbs until a character/alt I really like shows up and I try to pull them. I don't play the story (or spend any money) so I definitely don't play it the way it's intended to be played lol

i play project sekai and the gacha is currently kicking my ass </3 you will never catch me spending money on it tho. like, i couldn't even if i wanted to but either way.

honestly, seeing people mention they don't really care for the story or original characters is INSANE to me. like, that's literally what got me into it. tbh i'm.. not very fond of the fandom that's come up around the vocaloid characters (emphasis on the characters, not the software itself or the music people make with it) which is why i didn't start playing it sooner.

overall,
peak.png

i play project sekai and the gacha is currently kicking my ass </3 you will never catch me spending money on it tho. like, i couldn't even if i wanted to but either way.

honestly, seeing people mention they don't really care for the story or original characters is INSANE to me. like, that's literally what got me into it. tbh i'm.. not very fond of the fandom that's come up around the vocaloid characters (emphasis on the characters, not the software itself or the music people make with it) which is why i didn't start playing it sooner.

overall,
View attachment 178210
project sekai mentioned...
alsyo that ena pic is syo sillycoded what the hell!!

in terms of favorites... well there are a LOT of ships so just picking one is hard but i really love unicorn, she's so precious.
YESSS Almost ALL my favorite boats tend to be from HMS or FFNF, I just really dig the european designs, Unicorn is soo cute. Illustrious is my favorite though and she is the boat I happily wedded in game.
Yeah I'd love to tell you more about the fanproject in DMs! It's called Stones and Birds :] Don't wanna derail the topic here though so i'll leave it at that, as for my favorite sinners I'd have to say Heathcliff at the moment, i haven't read his source material but a lot of the way he acts reminds me of how i used to be/still am to a much more controlled degree, so I relate to him a lot and thus he's very important to me. Other honorable mentions are yi sang, rodya, gregor, and meursault!
Yaya!! I'm still on a semi hiatus rn but I'll be sure to chat soon!! God, really all the sinners are so good, huh... LOL. Meursault was definitely one I didn't think I'd love as much as I do, but I do have a surprising love for him on the side. Gregor was my first 3* unit so I have an attachment to that bug guy.
was super into enstars for a year or two, leo was my favourite character in the world and i was really super into izuleo + knights, but i stopped playing when the english version came out because i didn't wanna deal with the fandom. i also was kind of outraged at where izumi and leo's story was going too. (after seeing certain things the company has done i was glad i stopped being into it.)
God yeah, Enstars was my love in like... 2016-2017? I thought Eichi Tenshouin was gonna be my boy when I first started playing, but I ended up being a RitsuP and ShuP (I still like Eichi though). I quit playing because I spent a sum of money on it I wasn't proud of, I played english release of !! for a bit but idk, just got away from it since I'm not as into Enstars anymore. (I was also a KnightsP!) I honestly don't blame you at all @ the fandom, Enstars was one of those games that got kind of soiled by association with annoying fandom things for me, and the entire reason I spent 'sum of money I wasn't proud of' was ultimately idol fandom culture peer pressure, so it's something that when I do pick up to play I tend to engage with it just with friends and avoid community spaces (as I do with most things though). I haven't been keeping track for a while, but I assume they're pushing Izuleo stuff in an odd way, do you mean?
Ngl, was expecting your #1 fav to be one of the Yuriev brothers instead. (Though that's probably just because you're obviously a fan of the subway masters and I just feel like a lot of fans of the Yurievs end up liking them too if they happen to be Pokemon fans.)
LOL, they are my second favorites! Mostly Son and Adam 3rd, likely because I used to roleplay Son and he's my main to play as since Coqu is just way too hard without a good kit. But you're not wrong, the pipeline form Yurievs to Subway Masters is probably real....
Coquelicot is pretty sillycoded though, tried playing her when I first downloaded the game but it didn't really work out.
I doubt this was a lack of skill on your part, like I mentioned slightly above, she's INCREDIBLY hard to play good-- as she's a glass cannon and her fragility tends to make her hard focused. I rarely see her played in the ranks I tended to linger in (I'm usually S3-S4).

I also used to play Mario Kart Tour, but dropped it because I already got all of the drivers I wanted and they announced it's not getting new content (probably reaching EoS within a year-ish).
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, I also played MKT for a bit and it was cute... but I thought why play this when I could just play actual Mario Kart instead??? and so I didn't really touch it again, LOL. Maybe everyone shares the same sentiment.

for those of you who were talking about wanting to play male-focused gachas that haven't heard of mahoyaku, i'd recommend it!
(forgot to reply to this) I heard about this game! I dunno why I haven't touched it yet, (probably because I'm preoccupied with Reverse 1999) but hopefully I'll check it out at some point!
I also have Blue Archive installed on my computer since I've no space on my phone and play occasionally, once I get a better phone I'll be getting this back on my phone and probably playing more since I spent a hefty bit of $$$ on it (probably in the $400 area).
I've genuinely had Blue Archive DL'd on my phone since global release and just... haven't touched it LOL. Aesthetically it's so my shit though, I'm mostly F2P in gacha these days (once in a while I'll drop 10 bucks on bundle packs) but I'll try it out some time... I may also need a better phone tho.
Right now I mainly play utapri shining live (rip..),
You're perhaps the strongest soldier in the thread. Every day I constantly have nothing but respect for Utapri fans... You guys go through it all. Speaking of IM@S, I don't play it, but I like the songs and the girls! Mostly Koume, Ranko, Anastasia, Syoko and Takane.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, I also played MKT for a bit and it was cute... but I thought why play this when I could just play actual Mario Kart instead??? and so I didn't really touch it again, LOL. Maybe everyone shares the same sentiment.

I don't think that's the reason. Not sure on MKT's sales numbers, but in general Mario Kart's been pretty strong in sales right now. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch has been continually selling and it's been on the market for 6 years. Notice the Booster Course Pass is ending now too, they seem to be planning for both MKT and MK8D to end roughly the same time. I think what's going on is that there's strong rumors pointing towards the Switch's successor releasing next year and I think they have a new Mario Kart planned to release on it early (possibly even Year 1). Which frankly is long overdue as the last original console Mario Kart game will have been 10 YEARS AGO by next year. I think it's just a sign that they're bringing this era of Mario Kart to a close.

Last edited:
God yeah, Enstars was my love in like... 2016-2017? I thought Eichi Tenshouin was gonna be my boy when I first started playing, but I ended up being a RitsuP and ShuP (I still like Eichi though). I quit playing because I spent a sum of money on it I wasn't proud of, I played english release of !! for a bit but idk, just got away from it since I'm not as into Enstars anymore. (I was also a KnightsP!) I honestly don't blame you at all @ the fandom, Enstars was one of those games that got kind of soiled by association with annoying fandom things for me, and the entire reason I spent 'sum of money I wasn't proud of' was ultimately idol fandom culture peer pressure, so it's something that when I do pick up to play I tend to engage with it just with friends and avoid community spaces (as I do with most things though). I haven't been keeping track for a while, but I assume they're pushing Izuleo stuff in an odd way, do you mean?
i haven't played for a while either, but i think it was something like they were just putting a strange spin on their relationship that i felt at the time was a regression of their characters and bad for the story they'd had up until then or something. i actually don't really remember what i was upset about in particular anymore... but yeah, i have no idea how the fandom was in other language spheres, but the english one was i think rather bad, or at least the circle i was in was not very good--there was always lots of call out posts and cancelling other people for various things (especially lots of things that didn't really warrant it) and just like strange... politics i guess? (can't think of another word) about certain characters and relationships and what have you. just lots of stuff. it all got rather strange and i think it was pretty unhealthy for a lot of people, including me, so i'm really glad i'm not into it or in the fandom anymore. (i hope all this isn't too off topic, by the way, i just have some thoughts on it; hope it doesn't seem condemning or anything of anyone either ahhh)

I just picked my new phone up a few days ago and once I get the case and screen protector I'll be good to go!! Odd to think I'm excited about getting more gacha games of all things but I won't lie about that lol. Missing Blue Archive.

Still wishing IM@S CG had a global version but it's not likely at this stage ):

i don't think im@s in general will ever get global versions and honestly...to some extent im kind of okay with that? i dunno though maybe if they made a global version for cg i'd actually be able to get into it (idk what it is but i just...cant get into the game?? its not even like im not used to playing games in japanese and having to figure out menu's and stuff because i do that with million live. shrug) but i kinda have this weird viewpoint of being like "oh god i already see enough insane discourse over im@s imagine how bad it'll be if the games get a global version"

as for my list of games that i actively play it's just pokemon masters, im@s million live aand i guess superstar smtown has gacha elements as well even if i tend to exclude it from my list usually bc of how different it was...i also have project sekai on my ipad but i only very rarely actually log into it.

i used to be into genshin impact but i dropped it after inazuma bc the inazuma archon quest was just. really bad. idk the writing didn't click with me and it just wasn't enjoyable at ALL for that reason. i've considered getting back into it bc the fontaine stuff seems good but idk. it was kinda disappointing bc i had waited for so long for dottore to make an appearance in the story and then he made his appearance basically right after i stopped playing. i'm going to be honest though to some extent i do kinda miss playing it just for. yknow. the gameplay. bc as much as i was mostly into it for the story i didn't hate the gameplay and actually really enjoyed it and i enjoyed the grind to make the characters i liked most do well. i was a xinyan main bc she was my favourite so you know i had to put in an INSANE amount of time to make her do as much damage as i needed her to, and eventually she did start doing some pretty good numbers damage wise, and it was a really good feeling.

oh and another one i forgot! puyo quest, i used to be into it just bc i was into puyo but idk, it just couldn't keep me interested in playing it after my initial puyo hyperfixation wore off. it's nice to see that quest has been going strong for as long as it has

LOL, they are my second favorites! Mostly Son and Adam 3rd, likely because I used to roleplay Son and he's my main to play as since Coqu is just way too hard without a good kit. But you're not wrong, the pipeline form Yurievs to Subway Masters is probably real....
you're syo right about coqueli lol
alsyo considering i mentioned ingo to one of my friends who rlly likes adam and she thought he was sillycoded. It's True the pipeline is real

when it comes to gacha games, i’ve only played digimon rearise and dragon quest dai: a hero’s bonds, which both got discontinued when the story wrapped up. :sadsola: well, i got a good amount of lucky pulls back when they were online, so that’s good ig

i also played a little genshin impact back in 2021. my tablet couldn’t handle it so i had to delete it, but i liked the little bit i saw. :3 so, uh… i guess i’ve played three gacha games then.

also lmk if you want me to talk more about those two games. i really wanna discuss them-

edit: saw some errors in this and wanted to fix them rq. hope everyones enjoying their gacha games! :3

Last edited:
i don't think im@s in general will ever get global versions and honestly...to some extent im kind of okay with that? i dunno though maybe if they made a global version for cg i'd actually be able to get into it (idk what it is but i just...cant get into the game?? its not even like im not used to playing games in japanese and having to figure out menu's and stuff because i do that with million live. shrug) but i kinda have this weird viewpoint of being like "oh god i already see enough insane discourse over im@s imagine how bad it'll be if the games get a global version"
Yeah I really can't see it either, and at this point I'm not sure I want to be like, what, 7? years behind the JP server anyway lol. I may consider getting the JP games back because I really feel nostalgic thinking of those times when I used to boot up the game on bus rides home to play.

Also feeling super nostalgic towards Show by Rock. I wish the games were still around T_T

I've been playing Mario kart tour since day 1. The game means a lot too me for helping me through 2020. One of my favorite accomplishments in gaming was actually managing to pull kimono peach in the 1st anniversary tour. I've also thought on occasion about getting touhou lost word. I just don't think the gameplay looks too interesting so far.

One of my favorite accomplishments in gaming was actually managing to pull kimono peach in the 1st anniversary tour.
Yoooo nice!!

I've also thought on occasion about getting touhou lost word. I just don't think the gameplay looks too interesting so far.
I gotta be honest, and speaking as a fellow Touhou fan, I can't really recommend LW in good faith solely because the rates are kinda... abysmal. I played on launch and it was just insanely hard to get good units and all of my friends who still play say the same. It's an autobattler so the gameplay isn't really much, I did enjoy the story though.

I play Pokemon GO everyday. I also play Neir: Reincarnation, Octopath Traveler CotC, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and Sonic Dash every now and then. I just got into Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat as well.

I've been taking a break from FGO yet again as per my usual love-hate towards the game, but hey, at least I pulled Koyanskaya of Dark twice when her banner was running last month; with a bonus of Avenger of Shinjuku/Hessian Lobo spooking me in another banner, it's better than what I usually get when going for certain Servants most of the time.

Also been grinding every day in the global release of Tokyo Revengers Puzz Reve! since its launch on December 6th. So now I'm currently on lap 8 level 339, rank A+ and player level 133, and I've been super lucky on getting every three star character released so far (so, not much different on my JP account of the game, save for my level and rank being higher). Currently grinding on the Valentine's Event to try and get both Emma and Hina's Valentine alts, especially since I've already got Takemichi and Draken's Valentine alts and all the free event items and background for my hideout (including the paid alt colors of said items, I've been spending money on this game like crazy tbh).

Aside from that, a couple days ago I've gotten into two other gachas, Castle Cats and Dungeon Dogs. They're really cute, and they aren't as demanding in regards to logging in every day, mostly to get the free daily/every few day gifts and characters, but otherwise they're very casual idle games that don't get in the way of my time playing others; specifically TR Puzz Reve and Touken Ranbu. Also paid for VIP in both, since the perks are great imo. I'm also thinking of getting into Dragon Village M, I've already installed it, but have yet to try it out; hopefully it's fun since screenshots I've seen look nice.

Almost forgot, I've also pre-registered for Tokyo Debunkers and Blue Lock: Project World Champion for their global releases. The former seems to be a sort of otome-like game, not sure how many people on here play them, but it looks pretty neat; the latter I'm just glad there's a good simulation/training game that's not UmaMusu (I don't really care for the latter much, the anime version is okay but otherwise it's very meh; give me a real horse race/jockey game, please), plus I love Blue Lock so it's a no brainer for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom