• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
I will admit it doesn't explain Marill, though. Not to mention there is nothing strange about Fairy Wind at all. It's just a random "wind" move. In fact, I just realized the one thing that IS unusual about Marill. The ability Huge Power, although I already established that abilities are exclusive of the traits of a poke's type(s). It is mysterious, however, why Marill of all things has this ability.

I'm looking forward to the Fairy type mainly because it could be used to offensively balance other types. The only relation they've annaounced is Dragon, so we can probably expect more. In old Irish legend, the "fairies" can't touch iron, it burns them, so Steel has a potential new use in offensive slots. If they're based around nature, Poison could finally get a reason for it's attacks. The game has needed more balance. Who knows, maybe Ice will have more than one resistance?

I'm looking forward to the Fairy type mainly because it could be used to offensively balance other types. The only relation they've annaounced is Dragon, so we can probably expect more. In old Irish legend, the "fairies" can't touch iron, it burns them, so Steel has a potential new use in offensive slots. If they're based around nature, Poison could finally get a reason for it's attacks. The game has needed more balance. Who knows, maybe Ice will have more than one resistance?

Smash was hinting several weaknesses and resistances leading up to Fairy's reveal, anyone remember what they were? I think it was shown being weak to Poison.

Not a Fighting type and decently strong against ice, although, I wouldn't take those results seriously.

Well, the old legends specifically referred to cold iron (whatever that means,) so if you streeeeeeetch it, it could mean that Ice is strong against Fairy.

I know, weak excuse, but let me have this!

Well, the old legends specifically referred to cold iron (whatever that means,) so if you streeeeeeetch it, it could mean that Ice is strong against Fairy.

I know, weak excuse, but let me have this!

Cold iron is an archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it was cool to the touch.

Kind of makes you think; shouldn't Fairy type be "Space" type?

Well, Space- or Cosmic-type would certainly be better accepted by the fandom, that is for sure.

Nah, people would still complain about it being new or about the name.

Which is ironic, because at one point, Dark and Steel were new types. True, lots of people quit playing Pokemon after that. But the biggest drop in Pokemon popularity was Generation 3, which obviously, didn't introduce any new types. I don't particularly like the Fairy type, but at least it's a new type to change up the gameplay a little bit. If you're wondering my preference, I would've liked Light to be a type.

As for that Smash skit, they showed several things, although they only showed a message for the Poison test saying something like "It's super-effectve?!".

Kind of makes you think; shouldn't Fairy type be "Space" type?

Well, Space- or Cosmic-type would certainly be better accepted by the fandom, that is for sure.

Nah, people would still complain about it being new or about the name.

Which is ironic, because at one point, Dark and Steel were new types. True, lots of people quit playing Pokemon after that. But the biggest drop in Pokemon popularity was Generation 3, which obviously, didn't introduce any new types. I don't particularly like the Fairy type, but at least it's a new type to change up the gameplay a little bit. If you're wondering my preference, I would've liked Light to be a type.

Light is a bit too vague, especially since Dark doesn't mean literal darkness.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom