• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
literal shrubbery
Reaction score
Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart?

I think they'll show restraint and not be so arbitrary with typings. They've never done that in the past.
Marill will be retconned as Fairy...
I don't think of it seriously, I just can't think of it seriously. Normal types evolving into Water/Fairy ones?
Azurill can easily get a type change.

Athough I agree about the liberal thing. Out of what we know, it makes sense for Gardevoir, but Marill and Jigglypuff? I mean, Clefairy is THE Fairy Pokemon. It'll probably end up part, if not pure Fairy too, but I just see it unnecessary for Jiggly and Marill.

Reaction score

I think they'll show restraint and not be so arbitrary with typings. They've never done that in the past.
Marill will be retconned as Fairy...
I don't think of it seriously, I just can't think of it seriously. Normal types evolving into Water/Fairy ones?
Azurill can easily get a type change.

Athough I agree about the liberal thing. Out of what we know, it makes sense for Gardevoir, but Marill and Jigglypuff? I mean, Clefairy is THE Fairy Pokemon. It'll probably end up part, if not pure Fairy too, but I just see it unnecessary for Jiggly and Marill.
I think Jigglypuff makes enough sense. The only one that stood out to me was Marill, but as long as they change Azurill to Fairy or Normal/Fairy, it'll be fine.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score

Jigglypuff always seemed likely to me, it evolves with the Moon Stone (which seems to be a theme among Fairy Pokemon given the move we see), and shares similarities with the Clefairy family.

Marill reminds me of the old rumor that Azurill's data in RS was Cleffa's originally, explaining its typing and gender ratio.

literal shrubbery
Reaction score

I forgot Jigglypuff evolves with a moonstone :s

Ether way, I hope more mythical Pokemon get Fairy and they don't just tack it onto cute things.

Stuck
Reaction score

The only one that stood out to me was Marill, but as long as they change Azurill to Fairy or Normal/Fairy, it'll be fine.
I honestly don't see why everyone cares so much about Azurill's type; I see nothing wrong with Pokémon changing their type as they evolve. If Azurill isn't even Water-type, why should it be Fairy-type? But if they suddenly decide to replace Normal with Water, then they should definitely replace Normal with Fairy for Togetic and Togekiss.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoir into Psychic/Fairy. Right now it was unbalanced for poor Gardevoir to be inferior.
Now, if Gardevoir loses its Psychic status completely, I am a sad Mewtwo.

Reaction score

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoit into Psychic/Fairy.
No, it's confirmed Psychic/Fairy.

Reaction score

I'm adding Gardevoir to the Pokemon I wish Georgia has.

oh and I so knew it was going to be a fairy type

Reaction score

So it's real.Honestly, Im happy about the new type, Fairy seems like it could cover a broad range of things. Im not really seeing Marril as a Fairy type,that will take some getting used to. I wish they'd told us more than that it was SE on Dragon.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoit into Psychic/Fairy.
When was it? :))

I'm adding Gardevoir to the Pokemon I wish Georgia has.

oh and I so knew it was going to be a fairy type
Georgia, which one, the Dragon Buster??

Reaction score

My only disappointment is that Noivern is Flying/Dragon, which basically proves there's no Sound type (in Gen VI...). That and that there might not be any other old Pokemon given Fairy type that deserve it.

▲ extremely gay
Reaction score

Jigglypuff as Fairy makes me a very happy Puff fan :>

And I know this is a bit unrelated but I'm also excited for how Smash Bros 4 will change Jigglypuff to fit her new subtype.

Reaction score

Idk, but it says that on both Serebii and Bulbanews

Fire Chicken
Reaction score

My only disappointment is that Noivern is Flying/Dragon, which basically proves there's no Sound type (in Gen VI...). That and that there might not be any other old Pokemon given Fairy type that deserve it.
1) If Sound was real, wouldn't they introduce it together with Fairy. I can see Pokemon leaking one by one, but types. I don't think they are going with it.
2) We are not sure that only these Pokemon will saw will be retconned to Fairy. We may see more later.

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoir into Psychic/Fairy. Right now it was unbalanced for poor Gardevoir to be inferior.
"Poor Gardevoir"? Don't you worry, she has plenty of tricks up her dres- err, I mean sleeves.

Hagane no Moonsault
Reaction score

Idk, but it says that on both Serebii and Bulbanews
It's also on the official site.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score

I'm assuming we'll receive more previous Pokemon retconning into the Fairy type, however, I'm also assuming they won't go overboard and retcon a large number of previous Pokemon. I'd imagine GameFreak would set some limit, so we are not bombarded with new types on older Pokemon, and make it easier for us to remember quicker.

Reaction score

I say Fairy type will be weak against Ice and Steel probably since iron and extreme cold hurt Fry...

Reaction score

1) If Sound was real, wouldn't they introduce it together with Fairy. I can see Pokemon leaking one by one, but types. I don't think they are going with it.
2) We are not sure that only these Pokemon will saw will be retconned to Fairy. We may see more later.
I tried to say both of those things, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Reaction score

The fact that they're emphasizing this pairing makes me think it's pretty likely the super effective against Dark also is going to be a thing.