• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart?

Oh good god a majority of the interwebz is really bugging on how much they hate the Fairy Type. If you hate it so much then don't use Pokémon of that Type or just don't buy the games at all plain and simple. I have been a fan of Pokémon since the get go and the introduction of a New Type will not push me away.

I don't know if you are talking to me, I just mentioned that girls may like the type better, from marketing aspect.
I don't like the name, but a concept of a new type and type retconning that hasn't been done for 10 years still amazes me.

Nope not at all. I'm referencing to the people on YouTube who are swearing left and right saying that GameFreak ruined Pokémon with the introduction of the Fairy Type.

I'd say that the source(s) which predicted both the fairy type and the effectiveness against dragon probably have their other predictions corroborated.
Except that those two sources are contradictory; Hirobyte said that most of the tidbits from the PokéBeach rumor were fake. It is not hard to see why real information would be combined with lies to draw less attention from TPCi.

Nope not at all. I'm referencing to the people on YouTube who are swearing left and right saying that GameFreak ruined Pokémon with the introduction of the Fairy Type.

Okay, that's intense, but considering how I reacted to this, I am sure that it will make as much a ragewave as the voice actor change...
Anyway, it will still be a nice game to play.

Pokemon is targeted towards kids, both boys and girls. Maybe it was targeted a bit more towards boys back in the RGB days, but ever since Crystal especially, the divide has been fairy equal. I highly doubt a Fairy type was added just for female players, especially if it's based more around the lore of fairies and not Tinkerbell fairies.

Will Snubbull become a Fairy-type? It is also the Fairy Pokemon.

Snubbull is the least fairy-like fairy I've ever seen. Seriously. Cute?

It's still the FAIRY Pokemon, Fairy =/= cute/good. There are also bad fairies over mythology, and ugly ones.

What next? We get a pink type? No, I don't think Nintendo was aiming just for girls. Just girls and a certain guy named booster gold. xD

What do you mean "Nintendo was aiming just for girls"? I'm a guy and I think Fairy-type is perfectly valid. I can see why people might not like Fairy-type because they think it's 'strange' or 'weird' but personally I think that "Nintendo was aiming just for girls" is a very silly thing to say.

I'd say that the source(s) which predicted both the fairy type and the effectiveness against dragon probably have their other predictions corroborated.
Except that those two sources are contradictory; Hirobyte said that most of the tidbits from the PokéBeach rumor were fake. It is not hard to see why real information would be combined with lies to draw less attention from TPCi.

That's why I said "corroborated" and not "verified." It lends support that at least one of the sources offered other true info.

My thoughts on the legendaries:
I suspect if it is correct that fairy is weak to poison, and if Xerneas is fairy type, then Yveltal will be poison/flying. Being the first more "authentic" poison legendary might help to alleviate the asymmetry of the other legendary getting a new type. It also fits the smog imagery of the video associated with Yveltal.

That's why I said "corroborated" and not "verified." It lends support that at least one of the sources offered other true info.

My thoughts on the legendaries:
I suspect if it is correct that fairy is weak to poison, and if Xerneas is fairy type, then Yveltal will be poison/flying. Being the first more "authentic" poison legendary might help to alleviate the asymmetry of the other legendary getting a new type. It also fits the smog imagery of the video associated with Yveltal.

Hmm. I thought that Yveltal would be Dark or Ghost.

I can see Poison for Yvetal, especially if Xerneas ends up part Fairy. They could have a whole purity/pollution theme going on.

I'm not surprised at all the cesspool that is youtube commenters is pissy about the new type, as they were probably deniers the whole time. I think a lot of us before gen VI's announcement would have been opposed to the introduction of a new type and thought it would never happen, but from what's come out over the past few months came to realize the introduction was almost a certainty. I think a lot of people here at least are fine with there being a new type because we've gradually slipped into the pool so to say rather than jumping right in. Though people were denying it, it was pretty clear from the start to a lot of people Sylveon wouldn't be of an existing type, so we let go of our stigma against the introduction of a new type over the past 4 months.

What would the third legendary be for the future Pokemon Z? I would predict that the legendary's type is poison.

Z-shaped water/dragon serpent was my guess.

Edit: But it may kind of depend on Xerneas' second type, if any.

I felt that water complemented the sky/forest dichotomy of the previous two to make a sea/sky/land triad.

What next? We get a pink type? No, I don't think Nintendo was aiming just for girls. Just girls and a certain guy named booster gold. xD

What do you mean "Nintendo was aiming just for girls"? I'm a guy and I think Fairy-type is perfectly valid. I can see why people might not like Fairy-type because they think it's 'strange' or 'weird' but personally I think that "Nintendo was aiming just for girls" is a very silly thing to say.

As do I. We have a lot of "manly" people saying fairies are for girls and whatnot. It is a silly thing to say as why I said it.

I'm seriously hoping Xerneas isn't pure Fairy. It's too complex for a single type. It likely has multiple origins whereas Pokemon like Kyogre and Groudon have one major origin and are thus heavily based around their single types. Too bad Hiro's rumor also indicates (and is slowly being validated) that Yveltal won't get a unique type combination as was the case for all but one version mascot since Gen IV. The supposed lack of a second new type just supports this.

I'm hoping that my favorites Snubbull and Granbull get the Fairy Typing as well. But on another note I guess a Pokémon doesn't necessarily need to be in the Fairy Egg Group to get the Fairy Typing judging that Gardevoir is in the Amorphous Egg Group. So I hope that Dunsparce gains Fairy for a Secondary Typing and on top of that gets an evolution where the Normal Type changes to Dragon so it becomes a Dragon/Fairy Type.

Now I'm almost sure Xerneas will be Grass/Fairy and Yveltal Dark/Flying. They balance each other out, plus they are pretty fitting for them imo.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom