• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
A Dragon/Fairy does sound like one of the most awesome things that there could be, and surprisingly plausible. (About every culture has things that in one way or another are called "fairies" and things that in one way or another are called "dragons", after all.)

And a Dragon/Fairy would be a great set up for an Steel/Ice, too. That could only be an awesome pair of pokémon.

As for me, I'm totally loving the Fairy type, conceptually. I don't know what the final product looks like, so there's still time for me to get turned off by them (they better not mess with my Grass types,) but for now, I dig it.
While I am at it setting up myself for disappointment, I am hoping that Fairy is actually weak to Grass, on the basis that Fairies are deppendant on the forest and nature. Seeing Grass work offensively would be interesting.

Also re: "little people"... those generally are sprites and/or pixies. They are a kind of fairy. I'd see one as Fairy/Bug more than anything.

While I am at it setting up myself for disappointment, I am hoping that Fairy is actually weak to Grass, on the basis that Fairies are deppendant on the forest and nature. Seeing Grass work offensively would be interesting.

Personally I feel like the problem with Grass is that they have limited movepools. If you remove that, as some Pokemon like Torterra, Sawsbuck, or Serperior do - you generally get something great.

Since a lot of Grass-types are based on fairies to some extent like Roselia, I'd expect them a lot of grass-types to learn Fairy-type moves, which may make them valuable anti-dragons. Remember that Fairy doesn't just add new defensive types, it expands the movepool with new moves that at least a few non-fairies are sure to be able to use. Like Charizard learning Metal Claw after Steel was introduced and so on.

I think a problem here is that a lot of people think Disney's Tinkerbell when someone says Fairy

Which is kind of weird, since the original Tinkerbell, even in the Disney movie - was a cruel and mischievous character who tried multiple times to murder a little girl out of jealousy.

Not many people would know that, though. That isn't common knowledge.

I think a problem here is that a lot of people think Disney's Tinkerbell when someone says Fairy

Which is kind of weird, since the original Tinkerbell, even in the Disney movie - was a cruel and mischievous character who tried multiple times to murder a little girl out of jealousy.

Not many people would know that, though. That isn't common knowledge.

I know. It's just like how Mickey Mouse used to be a tricksy, callous, vagabond. And like how unicorns used to be brutal, feral, wild and deadly monsters that could only be tamed by virgins, not because the unicorns were pure and liked maidens but because they were so evil.

Yeah, fairies were pretty evil. They were known for making people ill, killing people, lure people into trances and make them drown, they would kidnap children. They loved music and dancing ironically. They were known to be demons and bad supernatural spirits.

Example A:

180px-Nuckelavee.png]

The fairy type is the worst thing to happen to pokemon in its history, it has become a little kid game I cannot take it seriously anymore. Fairy type sounds like somthing a 10 year old would do..lets see most other typs are elements flying,fire,grass,electric,ground,rock,water,ice then we randomly have fairy !!! wtf is that? fairys are not real ! and before anyone gets clever dragons are based on lizards which are infact real.

because of cry babys who cant understand the fact dragons are supposed to be strong thats the whole point their fire breathing dragons who destroy citys of course they are strong, nearly all of them have a 4x weakness to ice yet people still bitch so now they intoduce this bs type. I hope you are all proud of yourselfs.

The fairy type is the worst thing to happen to pokemon in its history, it has become a little kid game I cannot take it seriously anymore. Fairy type sounds like somthing a 10 year old would do..lets see most other typs are elements flying,fire,grass,electric,ground,rock,water,ice then we randomly have fairy !!! wtf is that? fairys are not real ! and before anyone gets clever dragons are based on lizards which are infact real.

because of cry babys who cant understand the fact dragons are supposed to be strong thats the whole point their fire breathing dragons who destroy citys of course they are strong, nearly all of them have a 4x weakness to ice yet people still bitch so now they intoduce this bs type. I hope you are all proud of yourselfs.

Ice types are generally underpowered and Dragon types are very powerful. They're only weak to themselves and ice. Stop complaining!!!!!! Fairies aren't as childish as how you perceive them to be.

1. Pokemon has always been a kids game. This is not new.
2. Not all Fairies are the Fairly Odd Parents or Tinkerbell you're thinking of.
3. Bug, Ghost, Fighting? Dragon, as you mentioned. Fairy makes just as much sense as them.
4. Seriously?
5. Stop being so childish. No one is forcing you to get a Fairy-type. The fact is that it exists now. If you had logical reasons, that would be one thing, but this is just a bunch of childish complaints.

Yes, the game that features this:

160px-035Clefairy.png

Is super duper serious dark for grown-ups, dood!

I find this post absolutely hilarious. You have made my day.

3. Bug, Ghost, Fighting? Dragon, as you mentioned. Fairy makes just as much sense as them.
4. Seriously?
5. Stop being so childish. No one is forcing you to get a Fairy-type. The fact is that it exists now. If you had logical reasons, that would be one thing, but this is just a bunch of childish complaints.

Do enlighten me.. what else am I suppose to think of when I think of fairys.. they are little girls with pink wings and pixy dust droping from them, does that sound like it belngs in a pokemon game ? no.

simialr not the same at all bug is based upon living creatres , ghosts are real(to alot of people), fighting is again based on real life combat and dragons are mythical lizards..whats the common denominator here ? they are all cool and tough they fit into what is essentailly a fighting game, fairys do not. Seriosuly what ? yes if it wasent for cry babys complaing about dragons this type would not exist and I could enjoy pokemon as normal. Youre last point makes 0 sense no one is forcing me to use one but they are in the game I will have to encounter them constantly ! if i even buy the game that is

4. Seriously?

Do enlighten me.. what else am I suppose to think of when I think of fairys.. they are little girls with pink wings and pixy dust droping from them, does that sound like it belngs in a pokemon game ? no.

simialr not the same at all bug is based upon living creatres , ghosts are real(to alot of people), fighting is again based on real life combat and dragons are mythical lizards..whats the common denominator here ? they are all cool and tough they fit into what is essentailly a fighting game, fairys do not. Seriosuly what ? yes if it wasent for cry babys complaing about dragons this type would not exist and I could enjoy pokemon as normal. Youre last point makes 0 sense no one is forcing me to use one but they are in the game I will have to encounter them constantly ! if i even buy the game that is

Nothing is stopping you from not buying the game, you know. Also, you're not making sense.

New fairy type

Gardevoir, Marril, And jugglypuff are changing types, awesome, But celebi and clefiary are fairy like pokemon but they dont change type.... :banana::eh::nono::-|:
I have no idea why
o_O
Also sylveon is becoming a fairy type as well as 2 new pokemon
a bat and a moth maybe......
here they are
noivern
image_56513_thumb_wide610.jpg
vivillon
vivillon.png
sylveon(eeveelution)
sylv.png
the starters: chespin fenniken and frokie
6th-gen-starter-types-official.png
Mewthree or mewtwo new form
1366589388126.jpg
and the mascot pokemon xerneas and yvetal
pokemon.png

I find it funny that you claim the game is now for whiny ten year olds, since that's basically what you sound like. If you don't have a genuine opinion rather than a sloppily typed demonstration of how ignorant and immature you are, then butt out of the conversation. Adults are talking, here.

Also, Dragons aren't based off of lizards. THEY ARE BASED OFF OF F*CKING DRAGONS. You may not have noticed, but the vast majority of reptilian pokemon are not of the dragon type. If you are going to claim that as some kind of justification, then you could just as easily say that Fairies are based off of Butterflies, it's just as true.

And now I will ignore you.

Not all Fairies are like that, is what I was saying. Not telling you what to do or anything, but do some research on all concepts of Fairies. I did myself. Some Fairies are essentially monsters. It makes sense in the Pocket Monsters Franchise.

Come on, not all Pokemon we have now look like vicious monsters. I'd say more of them are small and cute than aren't and you seem to be fine with them.

Yes, you will encounter them, but you are not forced to catch one. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

4. Seriously?

I think it's very ignorant to rule out an entire type based on basically just its name. It's been pointed out several times in the thread that there's more to fairies than little girls and pixie dust. Fairies could prove to be an asset for all we know, it's really too early to tell at this point.

Also, getting upset because Fairies are not real? Several Pokemon and typings have been based off of mythological creatures. Not all dragons are based off of lizards, what about Altaria? And ghosts haven't been proven to be real no matter what people believe.

What I'm saying is, don't judge a book by its cover.

A significant portion of the population of Iceland believe that elves are real. Fairies are probably about as credible as ghosts and psychics. Not that I see any clear reason why the nonreality of fairies makes for a poor type.

Fairies can fight with their fairy magic. Just about every major fantasy game, revolving around combat, has fairies. Most of them are edgier and more adult than pokémon, which has already had fairies since first generation, only not with a fairy type.

Edit: I think what this anti-fairy sentiment ultimately comes down to is sexism and perhaps the fear that one will be perceived as gay for playing a game with fairies.

Re: New fairy type

Gardevoir, Marril, And jugglypuff are changing types, awesome, But celebi and clefiary are fairy like pokemon but they dont change type....

We don't actually know that. All we know is that the pokemon they showed us were fairy now, it didn't say anything about them being the only pokemon that are now fairy type.

I find it funny that you claim the game is now for whiny ten year olds, since that's basically what you sound like. If you don't have a genuine opinion rather than a sloppily typed demonstration of how ignorant and immature you are, then butt out of the conversation. Adults are talking, here.

Also, Dragons aren't based off of lizards. THEY ARE BASED OFF OF F*CKING DRAGONS. You may not have noticed, but the vast majority of reptilian pokemon are not of the dragon type. If you are going to claim that as some kind of justification, then you could just as easily say that Fairies are based off of Butterflies, it's just as true.

And now I will ignore you.

So my opinon means less than yours because I dont agree and love the fairy type ? who sounds like an immature 10 year old here not me, I make valid points and all you can say is my opinons not genuine because im not in love with fairys and gamefreak like the rest of you.... I said dragons are based off lizards, dragons arent real they are based of lizards im sorry if were you under the inmpression they actually existed,what relation do buterflies have to fairys other than having wings ? wow caps so I disagree with you serisously grow the hell up,not everyone will agree with you try and form an argument next time instead of trying to sound smart. ktnks

Not all Fairies are like that, is what I was saying. Not telling you what to do or anything, but do some research on all concepts of Fairies. I did myself. Some Fairies are essentially monsters. It makes sense in the Pocket Monsters Franchise.

Come on, not all Pokemon we have now look like vicious monsters. I'd say more of them are small and cute than aren't and you seem to be fine with them.

Yes, you will encounter them, but you are not forced to catch one. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

The general thought srounding fairys will always be pink girls with wings,they will never shake that stigma. I dont mind pokemon looking small and cute.. just not fairys !! Its unnesacary then they do things like turn marill into one which makes zero sense, I just hate the fairy type. It is a terrible move by gamefreak imo, yes pokemon is kids game but many people take it seriously like me and the fact fairy exits has killed that for me now. I used to write intesne storys of drama but that is killed by the exitance of a fairy types to me it is just a kiddie money grabbing francise now, I will always reremer the old pokemon though before it was like this.

Other than what the self-proclaimed "drama queen" has said up there every other person I've seen dissatisfied with Fairy-type has boiled down to 10-year-olds (literally and mentally) afraid of catching the gay. :scared:

On the upside, we might get a Fox News piece out of it. "Is Pokemon trying to turn YOUR child gay?!
Oh, I can't wait!

@PrettyVenomoth: Dude, your arguments are relatively pretty shitty what with dragons are actually lizards and pink pretty girls with wings are generally bad.

It is a terrible move by gamefreak imo, yes pokemon is kids game but many people take it seriously like me and the fact fairy exits has killed that for me now. I used to write intesne storys of drama but that is killed by the exitance of a fairy types to me it is just a kiddie money grabbing francise now, I will always reremer the old pokemon though before it was like this.

Holy shit!! Did I read this right: "Oh noes! Sissy-type confirmed!! My fanfics are ruined!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom