• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

Well according to him Sylveon is a Fairy type, Xerneas in a Fairy type too, and Yveltal is Dark/Flying.

Only time will tell if it's the truth.

I thought Hiro said the flying thing was just his speculation back around the time he originally said it.

Well according to him Sylveon is a Fairy type, Xerneas in a Fairy type too, and Yveltal is Dark/Flying.
I just can't see only one of the mascots having a new type. It should be both, but that assumes that the common type isn't Fairy. Xerneas not having a secondary type feels wrong, too.

http://images.*********/vp/src/1366563283654.jpg

http://images.*********/vp/src/1366563154770.png

The "leaks".

If you think of Fairy to mean spiritual, I can see Xerneas as Fairy. Yveltal being Dark was a given.

Wasn't that Mr X and Y guy also doing something similar? Didn't he actually leak something before, then make an unlikely claim about the entire Pokedex or a new type, then come clean? How do we know to trust this guy on this?

Because I'm not trusting anyone's word until we get some actual evidence. Doing so is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Wasn't that Mr X and Y guy also doing something similar? Didn't he actually leak something before, then make an unlikely claim about the entire Pokedex or a new type, then come clean? How do we know to trust this guy on this?

Because I'm not trusting anyone's word until we get some actual evidence. Doing so is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

The only reason I believe this is because the leaker has credibility from Black and White, and I can't see why he'd fake it now just to lose credibility. Plus Fairy type seems the most logical.

Mr XY was nothing. Hiro works for the European Nintendo magazine and revealed all Gen 5 Pokemon.

I can see fairy type for Sylveon, but Xerneas? And just single typed at that? ._.

The only reason I believe this is because the leaker has credibility from Black and White, and I can't see why he'd fake it now just to lose credibility.
Didn't that Mr X and Y also leak something before? And then he decided to troll everyone?

You can never know. Some people like to mess with others.

Plus Fairy type seems the most logical.
How?

How is that a leak? It just looks like someone threw something together in Photoshop.

I don't know if I like the term Fairy...I preferred Mystic, but I guess it's basically the same concept. Also, I thought Xerneas would've had a double typing, like Fairy/Grass or something.

The only reason I believe this is because the leaker has credibility from Black and White, and I can't see why he'd fake it now just to lose credibility.
Didn't that Mr X and Y also leak something before? And then he decided to troll everyone?

You can never know. Some people like to mess with others.

What would be the point? Like I said, he'd lose all his credibility, and he didn't lie the first time so I see no reason to mistrust him now.

Oh, I meant that Fairy type seems the most logical type for Sylveon, from all of the little hints we've all picked up on over the months.

How?
At the very least for Sylveon, all of its names in the different languages were related to some sort of fairy-like entity. As well as looking very fairy-ish and using magic-like moves on the latest film trailer. I still don't get Xerneas being Feiry type, though (Maybe Fairy type means something like Fairy tale critters type or something like that xD).

How?
At the very least for Sylveon, all of its names in the different languages were related to some sort of fairy-like entity. As well as looking very fairy-ish and using magic-like moves on the latest film trailer. I still don't get Xerneas being Feiry type, though (Maybe Fairy type means something like Fairy tale critters type or something like that xD).

I think of it to mean spirit, maybe legendary to an extent (like how Dark can also be seen as evil), and if Xerneas is some sort of forest protector/god (which I think it definitely is, ) thing it fits.

What would be the point? Like I said, he'd lose all his credibility, and he didn't lie the first time so I see no reason to mistrust him now.
You've never dealt with a troll, have you? You should always take a claim with skepticism, because you can never be sure of a poster's true intentions.

Oh, I meant that Fairy type seems the most logical type for Sylveon, from all of the little hints we've all picked up on over the months.
There are plenty of types that are logical for Sylveon. Nothing necessarily points to the "Fairy" type that also does not point to other, existing types.

Not to mention the improbability of the type when you consider that there are already so many fairy Pokemon in the game that did not require a new type to be what they are.

You've never dealt with a troll, have you? You should always take a claim with skepticism, because you can never be sure of a poster's true intentions.
Yes I have actually, but like I said, he's proven that he isn't a troll before so why would he start lying now? He'd lose more than he'd gain.

There are plenty of types that are logical for Sylveon. Nothing necessarily points to the "Fairy" type that also does not point to other, existing types.

Not to mention the improbability of the type when you consider that there are already so many fairy Pokemon in the game that did not require a new type to be what they are.
I'm just saying, of all the suggested types, the one that sounds the most likely is Fairy. Sylveon even looks like it could be a fairy, the big eyes, the ribbons and the wings. And it's not like Game Freak haven't retconned Pokémon before.

Yes I have actually, but like I said, he's proven that he isn't a troll before so why would he start lying now?
He proved he wasn't troll then, and his actions now seem to be very trollish... does confirming the Flying-type two days ago and then switching to the Fairy-type today not strike you as odd for someone who's being entirely truthful? For someone who's supposedly reading the facts, but then changes his reading?

There are good reasons to doubt his claim. He's likely doing this to mess with people for fun because he knows just how quickly people are to jump to conclusions.

I'm just saying, of all the suggested types, the one that sounds the most likely is Fairy. Sylveon even looks like it could be a fairy, the big eyes, the ribbons and the wings.
All of those support, for example, the Flying type as well.

And it's not like Game Freak haven't retconned Pokémon before.
There are only two Pokemon that have had types retconned: Magnemite and Magneton when they added Steel to their Electric-typing. There are considerably more fairy Pokemon now than there were Pokemon who were made of metal.

Which is the source of Hirobyte "confirming" Sylveon as flying type?

I was checking his tweets from the last few days and it seemed like he was speculating that it would be a flying type because of the wing in Sylveon's egg shaped insignia/badge in the end of the last trailer.

Yes I have actually, but like I said, he's proven that he isn't a troll before so why would he start lying now?
He proved he wasn't troll then, and his actions now seem to be very trollish... does confirming the Flying-type two days ago and then switching to the Fairy-type today not strike you as odd for someone who's being entirely truthful? For someone who's supposedly reading the facts, but then changes his reading?

There are good reasons to doubt his claim. He's likely doing this to mess with people for fun because he knows just how quickly people are to jump to conclusions.

Yes but after building up a reputation of being an honest person and then throwing it all away for one little joke? Seems kinda pointless to me, but I guess all we can do is wait and see.

And it's not like Game Freak haven't retconned Pokémon before.
There are only two Pokemon that have had types retconned: Magnemite and Magneton when they added Steel to their Electric-typing. There are considerably more fairy Pokemon now than there were Pokemon who were made of metal.

Yes, but like you said, they did retcon them. Besides, if Fairy is to be a new type I think a good fair few dual typed Pokémon could have a type replaced. Celebi for example, could change from Grass/Psychic to Grass/Fairy.

I'm a fairy type supporter myself (and I also even thought Xerneas would be fairy type) but I'm still a bit suspicious of Hiro's actions. Didn't he get fired after the Black/White shenanigans? Also for the retconning discussion, I've had this image for a while so I'll share it.

FAIRY TYPES.png

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom