• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Re: New Type or Alterations to Type Chart?

And I'm still curious how an egg has anything to do with a Flying-type,
Er...

Birds lay eggs? Most Flying-types are also a bird of some sort?

So do reptilians, amphibians, fishes, insects and about every animal species aside from mammals?

Don't misinterpret me, for a long time I've been supporting the Sylveon-Flying possibility, and while I consider Hiro a trustful source I still think it could be Flying. But the egg thing is certainly a terrible argument.

Last edited:

I mean, they aren't feather covered, but they have the same general shape as a Togetic wing, for example.
You know whose wings they look even more similar to? Dunsparce. Yeah...

It certainly seems like people can come at pretty much any angle and justify it through the evidence we've gotten so far. I have a difficult time ruling anything out with what we have so far.

That's basically it. We have some vague evidence and some evidence that might not be evidence at all, and it can come up pointing to almost anything based on how you interpret it just because of how inconclusive it all is. So until we hear something new that we're sure is true, it's just impossible to tell.

By the way, where did Hiro say he was going to draw one of the gen 6 Pokemon like he did for gen 5? Someone mentioned he said that along with the fairy type thing, but I can't find it.

lulz. sheesh some people cant just agree to disagree. all will be revealed in time, no sense in getting all bent out of shape.

if there is a new type at all, i'm hoping it comes with a second new type.

Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-24 um 17.44.36.png

So here is my new type chart, if Fairy is introduced. You can ignore Light & Sound ^^

interchange it with Light... Aether is my preferred variation but I though i'd go with Light for this chart since its much more prominent in discussion. But thank you for noticing it right away. I didn't think someone would.

I think that Sylveon's ear looking vaguely like a wing is a reference to its typing, like how the shape of Flareon's tail is, which is why they are the only parts of the Pokémon represented in the egg-logos.
I agree with you, Josh.

A wing-shaped ear, and an egg motif with a wing-ear on it.

Now, regardless of unconfirmed rumors and fan gun-jumping based upon them, what type do these kind of symbols represent?

These symbols aren't exactly clear, considering Sylveon's actual ears do not look likes wings, nor do they even function as such. And I'm still curious how an egg has anything to do with a Flying-type, but I'm not holding my breath for any real evidence for Flying-type considering how fans cited the appearance of wind in one of the trailers as proof of Sylveon's typing.

How does a feminine, pink looking cat with ribbons and bows exactly scream Flying-type? The only likely candidates are either Normal type or something new.
Fairies typically have wings.

I mean, I don't think Aether is a bad idea for a type or anything, but I think wondering why someone else's Type Chart didn't include it, and then bringing up the fact it exists in other franchises (which quite a few suggested types do) isn't really a good counter-argument.

I mean, I don't think Aether is a bad idea for a type or anything, but I think wondering why someone else's Type Chart didn't include it, and then bringing up the fact it exists in other franchises (which quite a few suggested types do) isn't really a good counter-argument.

I had this discussion already, but I think the concept of Aether is too esotherical for a Pokémon type.

I could see it being called Aether in Japan and Mystic* in the US. Kind of like how Psychic is Esper in Japan.

*Or Fairy, based on the most recent rumors.

I think Aether is more likely to be used in the English version than Japan, as I can't find many Japanese media where "Aether" is used.

Like, the most popular use of Aether in my mind right off the bat is Fire Emblem...but in Japan, Aether is "Tenhoku". I think Tenhoku actually sounds cool for the Japanese type myself.

He's brought it up because I was the one to suggest it a few months ago in my first attempt to write about possible new types.

Why do I always have the feeling that people on this forum are treading on everyones toes these days?

I mean, they aren't feather covered, but they have the same general shape as a Togetic wing, for example.

The ears look nothing like Togetic's wings, they just look like the quintessential long floppy ears that all of Eevelutions share.

Birds lay eggs? Most Flying-types are also a bird of some sort?

Sylveon is a bird? That's news to me.

I'd rather believe in the Flying-type than some rumor with pretty damn shaky basis, pushed by overeager fans who are obsessed with a new type and are "supported" by Hiro, who has flip-flopped support quite suspiciously.

I don't see how your theory that Sylveon's a Flying-type is supported by any kind of solid foundation either. You'd think that a Flying-type Eevelution would have prominent wings. None of the footage has even indicated that it could fly.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom