• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart?

I think they'll show restraint and not be so arbitrary with typings. They've never done that in the past.

Marill will be retconned as Fairy...
I don't think of it seriously, I just can't think of it seriously. Normal types evolving into Water/Fairy ones?
Azurill can easily get a type change.

Athough I agree about the liberal thing. Out of what we know, it makes sense for Gardevoir, but Marill and Jigglypuff? I mean, Clefairy is THE Fairy Pokemon. It'll probably end up part, if not pure Fairy too, but I just see it unnecessary for Jiggly and Marill.

I think they'll show restraint and not be so arbitrary with typings. They've never done that in the past.

Marill will be retconned as Fairy...
I don't think of it seriously, I just can't think of it seriously. Normal types evolving into Water/Fairy ones?
Azurill can easily get a type change.

Athough I agree about the liberal thing. Out of what we know, it makes sense for Gardevoir, but Marill and Jigglypuff? I mean, Clefairy is THE Fairy Pokemon. It'll probably end up part, if not pure Fairy too, but I just see it unnecessary for Jiggly and Marill.

I think Jigglypuff makes enough sense. The only one that stood out to me was Marill, but as long as they change Azurill to Fairy or Normal/Fairy, it'll be fine.

Jigglypuff always seemed likely to me, it evolves with the Moon Stone (which seems to be a theme among Fairy Pokemon given the move we see), and shares similarities with the Clefairy family.

Marill reminds me of the old rumor that Azurill's data in RS was Cleffa's originally, explaining its typing and gender ratio.

I forgot Jigglypuff evolves with a moonstone :s

Ether way, I hope more mythical Pokemon get Fairy and they don't just tack it onto cute things.

The only one that stood out to me was Marill, but as long as they change Azurill to Fairy or Normal/Fairy, it'll be fine.
I honestly don't see why everyone cares so much about Azurill's type; I see nothing wrong with Pokémon changing their type as they evolve. If Azurill isn't even Water-type, why should it be Fairy-type? But if they suddenly decide to replace Normal with Water, then they should definitely replace Normal with Fairy for Togetic and Togekiss.

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoir into Psychic/Fairy. Right now it was unbalanced for poor Gardevoir to be inferior.
Now, if Gardevoir loses its Psychic status completely, I am a sad Mewtwo.

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoit into Psychic/Fairy.

No, it's confirmed Psychic/Fairy.

I'm adding Gardevoir to the Pokemon I wish Georgia has.

oh and I so knew it was going to be a fairy type

So it's real.Honestly, Im happy about the new type, Fairy seems like it could cover a broad range of things. Im not really seeing Marril as a Fairy type,that will take some getting used to. I wish they'd told us more than that it was SE on Dragon.

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoit into Psychic/Fairy.

When was it? :))

I'm adding Gardevoir to the Pokemon I wish Georgia has.

oh and I so knew it was going to be a fairy type

Georgia, which one, the Dragon Buster??

My only disappointment is that Noivern is Flying/Dragon, which basically proves there's no Sound type (in Gen VI...). That and that there might not be any other old Pokemon given Fairy type that deserve it.

Jigglypuff as Fairy makes me a very happy Puff fan :>

And I know this is a bit unrelated but I'm also excited for how Smash Bros 4 will change Jigglypuff to fit her new subtype.

Idk, but it says that on both Serebii and Bulbanews

My only disappointment is that Noivern is Flying/Dragon, which basically proves there's no Sound type (in Gen VI...). That and that there might not be any other old Pokemon given Fairy type that deserve it.

1) If Sound was real, wouldn't they introduce it together with Fairy. I can see Pokemon leaking one by one, but types. I don't think they are going with it.
2) We are not sure that only these Pokemon will saw will be retconned to Fairy. We may see more later.

Also, we should mention that Gardevoir getting a Fairy type may be for the best, as Ralts will be able to evolve into a Psychic/Fighting and Gardevoir into Psychic/Fairy. Right now it was unbalanced for poor Gardevoir to be inferior.

"Poor Gardevoir"? Don't you worry, she has plenty of tricks up her dres- err, I mean sleeves.

Idk, but it says that on both Serebii and Bulbanews

It's also on the official site.

I'm assuming we'll receive more previous Pokemon retconning into the Fairy type, however, I'm also assuming they won't go overboard and retcon a large number of previous Pokemon. I'd imagine GameFreak would set some limit, so we are not bombarded with new types on older Pokemon, and make it easier for us to remember quicker.

I say Fairy type will be weak against Ice and Steel probably since iron and extreme cold hurt Fry...

1) If Sound was real, wouldn't they introduce it together with Fairy. I can see Pokemon leaking one by one, but types. I don't think they are going with it.
2) We are not sure that only these Pokemon will saw will be retconned to Fairy. We may see more later.

I tried to say both of those things, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Sylveon_vs_Hydreigon.png
The fact that they're emphasizing this pairing makes me think it's pretty likely the super effective against Dark also is going to be a thing.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom