• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
I would love if Marill over the course of one generation become 4x weak to poison. The type needs a boost, and Fairy and Water are the two most obvious choices to be weak to poison. I really hope them introducing a new type means they'll retool the chart a bit like they did in II.

Re: The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart?

Moonblast as a fairy type attack has some interesting implications. It could suggest, along with the star imagery we've seen from Sylveon, that the fairy type includes within it celestial themes. If it's super effective against dark types like predicted, then I think fairy type will basically include most of what we would see out of a light type. But the other possibility is just an association with the moon per transformation and trickery. Artemis was a goddess associated with the wild and liminal stages, lycanthropy is associated with the moon, The Moon arcana relates themes of illusion and dreams... Fairies are often associated with playing tricks and being mischievous. Perhaps their moves would include things like enchantment, illusion and transforming of things.

i too, was really expecting different pokes to be revealed as re/second typed before those lines.

O_O what.

and... that sonic bat dragon AWESOME but booo what not echo/sound/sonic type?

ugh.

MY BRAIN!

and which Pokemon comes to mind immediately when you think about the moon?
Cresselia?

(if they made Gothiruselle a fairy type, I'd be even more ecstatic! Why yes I am a fan~)

Well, it's been a long time, but I'm finally telling gamefreak to fuck off, I will no longer buy pokemon games, this is just too dumb for me.

That means that Marill is now 4x weak to poison now.
Why would that be? o_O

Some people want Poison to beat Water. They think it would help balance the chart out. However, what we will all get is more Tentacruels and Toxicroaks in Rain teams :))

Well, it's been a long time, but I'm finally telling gamefreak to fuck off, I will no longer buy pokemon games, this is just too dumb for me.

Come on, I was pissed off by Fairy-type, but I am still getting it!
No need to have such extreme reactions. Even if we do, better keep them for ourselves, right?

I think all pokes in fairy egg group, especially clefairy, and pokes that looks humanoide and feminine, are possible fairy types.

Tbh, that could go either way. They could be made super effective against each other, but I don't think it's necessary.

If Poison gets a strength to anything, I kinda want the Bug one brought back. But then Bug types would have a lot of disadvantages....

Come on, I was pissed off by Fairy-type, but I am still getting it!
No need to have such extreme reactions. Even if we do, better keep them for ourselves, right?

It's enough proof to me that they're not going in the right direction. I didn't buy Black and White either, but I held out hope for this gen. I ignored dragon, but fairy? Just no. It's so redundant and pointless, and it's just supposed make a stupid pairing with dragon, I assume. I'm wagering that the two legends will be dragon and fairy.

...I'd also like to know why it's super-effective against dragon...no wait, I don't care.

That means that Marill is now 4x weak to poison now.
Why would that be? o_O

Some people want Poison to beat Water. They think it would help balance the chart out. However, what we will all get is more Tentacruels and Toxicroaks in Rain teams :))

The bigger question is why Poison isn't strong against Water.

A large portion of poison types are also grass, which would make it pointless. Now, I can understand pokemon like Muk, but pokemon like Arbok that secret venom, nah. Maybe they can make a garbage type...

@Laquer Head; We're all here to discuss pokemon x and y in a constructive manner. If you're no longer interested in doing anything other than bashing, then get out and mope in your whiny corner about how GF isn't responding to your every wish.

Besides, it's stupid to make assumptions about the quality of a game without even playing it first. Unless you've experienced it yourself, your opinion is worthless. You're like those little kids who say Broccoli is nasty without even trying it, because it's green and looks like a tree. It's arrogant BS.

@Laquer Head; We're all here to discuss pokemon x and y in a constructive manner. If you're no longer interested in doing anything other than bashing, then get out and mope in your whiny corner about how GF isn't responding to your every wish.

Besides, it's stupid to make assumptions about the quality of a game without even playing it first. Unless you've experienced it yourself, your opinion is worthless. You're like those little kids who say Broccoli is nasty without even trying it, because it's green and looks like a tree. It's arrogant BS.

Weird, I thought the thread was for everyone to express their opinion equally :D I find it unappealing, so I'm not going to buy it. I don't see how it makes me arrogant to opt away from buying a video game that I don't want. I'm not OBLIGATED to do it. All I'm doing is expressing MY opinion, no need to get so upset...

EDIT: ...Mewtwo's new form has the fairy type...doesn't it...

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom