• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Not yet, but eventualy they will have the same stat distribution.
But there are some calcs that sugest that gardevoir deals 4x damage on hydreigon, and only took 100hp, so that fairy wind has to be like bubbles. If thats true, sylveon could still ko gibite if it had base 110 spatk and modest nature or evs in spatk. Or if ground is weak to fairy.

Last edited:
In the exhibition match, Sylveon was being hit by a Special move (Hydro Pump), so maybe it could have 110/130 in Special Atk/Defense (or vice versa), the Special counterpart to Leafeon's physical Attack/Defense scores.

The Pokémon in that trailer featuring Gardevoir as a Fairy-type had Hydregion as a Pokémon with 0 IVs and EVs. This means that, assuming both natures are Bashful and Gardevoir had 0 IVs and EVs, Hydregion's main Sp. Def stat is 95 while Gardevoir's main Sp. Atk stat is 130. I'm not familiar with how damage calculations work.

It makes me wonder, if the following is true, why Fairy-types are strong against Dark-types.

Last edited:
Haven't flipped back to read anything before the last few pages, but do we know if Fairy Wind is a special or physical attack? Would it make more sense as a special move?

If so, then the stat distribution of Sylveon would look something like this:

95/x/x/110/130/x

I don't see why Fairy Wind shouldn't be a special move. It's not like Sylveon is running straight to Gabite to punch them in the stomach.

Well, i im sure that fairy wind will be a special atk move. But i dont know about fairy kiss, do you think it will be physical or special?

So after reviewing all of the different demo footage I created this chart with all of the seen type interactions with Fairy. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Fairy_Type_Interactions.png

So after reviewing all of the different demo footage I created this chart with all of the seen type interactions with Fairy. I hope I didn't miss anything.

View attachment 89398

Fairy-type attacks also inflict normal damage to Water-types.

[video=youtube;7jG0V8F0NY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jG0V8F0NY0#t=426[/video]
In this video, you can see that Sylveon's Draining Kiss dealt normal damage to Politoed.

Politoed's Hydro Pump inflicted normal damage against Sylveon, meaning Fairy-Water has a neutral relationship on both sides.

Last edited:
You're right. I just woke up and realized I didn't review the Exhibition battle. I added both Water Interactions. Somewhere I read that Grass also recieves neutral damage from fairy but i didn't see any footage proving this. Can someone confirm?

Fairy_Type_Interactions.png

Wait, how many turns passed since Trick Room was active?

Edit: Gallade has for HP 31 IVs and 252 EVs. Marowak has for HP 31 IVs and 0 EVs. This means that perfect EVs in a stat exists in the exhibition battle.

Last edited:

Edit: Gallade has for HP 31 IVs and 252 EVs. Cubone has for HP 31 IVs and 0 EVs. This means that perfect EVs in a stat exists in the exhibition battle.

It was on its 4th turn when Politoed was defeated (not counting the turn it was started). On the 3rd turn of TR Sylveon still moved last, so it was faster. But EVs/IVs could easily make Sylveon faster even with a lower base stat for speed.

Edit: Gallade has for HP 31 IVs and 252 EVs. Cubone has for HP 31 IVs and 0 EVs. This means that perfect EVs in a stat exists in the exhibition battle.

It was on its 4th turn when Politoed was defeated (not counting the turn it was started). On the 3rd turn of TR Sylveon still moved last, so it was faster. But EVs/IVs could easily make Sylveon faster even with a lower base stat for speed.

Okay. Hmm.... since Politoed is HP EV trained, does that mean that Sylveon was not EV trained in HP?

I think sylveon has to be trained in hp and spdef to resist that attack with around 40% hp.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom