• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Why Milotic? It doesn't seem like it has much to gain from getting Fairy besides the obvious. Unless you're referring to it gaining an advantage against Dragon.

Milotic fits with the general benevolent theme of Fairies we've seen so far (Mawile being the exception I think). It being made better by having the Fairy type would just be an extra benefit.

Also, Meganium gaining Grass/Fairy is great and all as long as you're fine with it being Poison fodder, because it would gain a x4 weakness (let that sink in for a minute... x4 weakness to Poison. There's something we never thought we'd see after 1st gen).

Loads of Pokemon have 4x weaknesses, I don't really see it as a huge deal unless they have multiple. In return it would gain an immunity to Dragon, resistances to Dark and Fighting and lose its Bug weakness. I'd say that would be worth it. Grass/Fairy would give it resistances to: Grass, Water, Ground, Electric, Dark, Fighting and an immunity to Dragon with weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison and Steel. Pretty good imo.

Milotic fits with the general benevolent theme of Fairies we've seen so far (Mawile being the exception I think). It being made better by having the Fairy type would just be an extra benefit.

Also, Meganium gaining Grass/Fairy is great and all as long as you're fine with it being Poison fodder, because it would gain a x4 weakness (let that sink in for a minute... x4 weakness to Poison. There's something we never thought we'd see after 1st gen).

Loads of Pokemon have 4x weaknesses, I don't really see it as a huge deal unless they have multiple. In return it would gain an immunity to Dragon, resistances to Dark and Fighting and lose its Bug weakness. I'd say that would be worth it. Grass/Fairy would give it resistances to: Grass, Water, Ground, Electric, Dark, Fighting and an immunity to Dragon. Pretty good imo.

i agree.

but for poison to have the 4x is, yeah

I don't care if it's practical or not, either. Ice still performs a function, I don't care if anyone wants to ignore that over something else. My point still stands. They didn't factor stats in it at all. If you're going to call people idiots for using Ice pokemon, then that's your problem. No one should be criticized for their preferences. Or should I find a way to deconstruct EVERY pokemon type? I'm sure it can be done.

I'm sure if it turns out that the meta game has serious problems, then next gen they with fix it. This gen seems very experimental, what with the new type. So I think that it's possible that ice will be addressed next gen. Eventually they will get their day. Also part of ice's problem is that most ice pokemon are just not very good pokemon to begin with, we don't know if that has been addressed yet. And with mega evolutions, pokemon can gain types without technically changing their type at all. For instance Milotic could gain fairy type in its mega form without Milotic itself actually being fairy type. The same could happen with ice, or grass or anything. So technically speaking, a lot of older pokemon could be 'improved' for competitive battle without actually changing them canonically.

It has what seems to be fairy characteristics to some people, though I would say it looks as much like a dragon as a fairy type. Two different mega stones, anyone?

I'd like it if Milotic got a Water/Fairy mega as a parallel to a Water/Dragon Mega Gyarados.

I'll gladly take Dragon immunity and counter-Zoroark.

Definitely running Gardevoir this time. It was MADE for this. The Poison weakness is covered by its Psychic attacks, so Steel is the only thing it can't properly counter.

I think Azumarill got hit, though. Some new resistances, but again, Poison Jab/Venoshock (and x1 to steel)

Have you all noticed that for the first time since introducing the type, Steel can actually inflict 4x damage on something? In this case Amarusu. I think all the Steel types will party on the 12th next month.

Have you all noticed that for the first time since introducing the type, Steel can actually inflict 4x damage on something? In this case Amarusu. I think all the Steel types will party on the 12th next month.

Yeah, but it wasn't something that wasn't possible beforehand, if we had gotten a Rock/Ice type sooner it still would've been x4 weak to Steel.

Now if we get a Fairy/Grass, on the other hand, then Poison gets a x4 type advantage, something that absolutely would not have been possible since 1st gen (when Poison was x4 against Bug/Grass) since Poison has only had one type advantage until now.

Last edited:

Steel can also deal 4x super effective damage against a Rock/Fairy or an Ice/Fairy pokemon if Game Freak decides to use those type combinations in the future.

Its 4x weaknesses to Steel and Fighting must be the reasons why Game Freak gave Amarasu a decent ability.

Rock/fairy, what would that look like? O_O

Crystal humanoid or gnome.

Tricloid.jpg
???

Steel can also deal 4x super effective damage against a Rock/Fairy or an Ice/Fairy pokemon if Game Freak decides to use those type combinations in the future.

Its 4x weaknesses to Steel and Fighting must be the reasons why Game Freak gave Amarasu a decent ability.

Yes it was always possible to deal 4x SE damage. But I wasn't talking about the possibility. I was talking about the fact that it, with the introduction of Amasuru, now indeed can. I should have worded that better. I apologize.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom