• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fanfic board contact list

tyger

The Astute cynic
Reaction score
So, I've been talking with a few others on the fanfic board for a while. A few of those, I've known for almost ages in terms of the internet. At least, my life on the internet. Few, I've known for only a while now. So, is there a way to remedy that? Of course there is - this topic.

As my first modly (only a writer can put authority to words he makes up) action, I set up this contact list so that we all can become much closer, and realize that it's not just about replying to a few fics here and there (no matter how far between each reply is.) Let us build this floundering board into a thriving community that'll rival the best of them. In fact, let us become the best of them.

Contact info
~
Aim: Tygerofdanyte
msn: [email protected]
email: [email protected]/[email protected]

EDIT: (MistyRocks here) Just wanna include a bit of an "About Me" thing in this so we get to know our fellow fanficcers.

So basically just waffle about writing and such so everyone gets to know each other.

Name:
(That stuff's optional if you find it too personal or whatever)
Favourite Authors:
Favourite Books:
When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write?
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board?
Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?

You don't have to answer anything specificly, I'm just trying to give you somewhere to start like.

Last edited by a moderator:
AIM : Damiansilverblad
msn : damian_silverblade_-_AT_-_hotmail.com
email : guillaume.hebert_-_AT_-_gmail.com

(in both case the _-_AT_-_ stands for @)

Name: Guillaume Hébert-Jodoin
Where you're from: Montreal region, province of Québec, Canada.
Favourite Authors: Trick question? Guy Gavriel Kay, Gérald Messadié, and, uh...can't really think of many right now.
Favourite Books: Can't think of a single one that really comes on top right now.
When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? Started in 2000 because I had some weird ideas on where the anime should go ; I write mostly dark and fantasy stuff.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? See above.
Do you follow fanfics on the board? Not really. I'm not much good at following fanfics.
Oooh, do you read and reply? I'll have to plead guilty to not doing this ^^;

Last edited:
Contact info
~
Aim: ...don't get me started. Aim is garbage.
msn: [email protected] (but DO NOT e-mail me here, I never check it)
yahoo: cammycommando
email: [email protected]

Name: Blackjack Gabbiani
Where you're from: Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, US
When and why you started writing fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write?: I think I started when I was about three and did a poem about Tigger. Which is a far cry from the mostly TR-orientated darkfics I do now.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board?: I mostly like to read about characters you don't hear about a lot.
Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?: Of course I read, but I'm pretty bad about leaving replies.

Contact info:
AIM: BarbLLM
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Name: Barbara (or Barb)
Where You're From: New Orleans by birth, Florida by choice
When and why you started writing fanfiction: I started writing in 2001 and posting to FFN. I had been keeping a journal with some made-up characters that I still haven't found a use for.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Anything. I usually don't read lemon/lime fics, though.
Do you read and reply? I try to. ^^;;

AIM: (none. AOL is for losers)
Email: [email protected]

Name: Nunayar Dambizniz
Where you're from: A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Ca-na-da"
(That stuff's optional if you find it too personal or whatever)
Favourite Authors: Issac Asimov, Edgar Allen Poe
Favourite Books: Silvering, The Icarus Seal, Payback, miscellaneous mythology
When and why you started writting fanfiction: 2000. Started because I had nothing better to waste my time with.
And what kinda stuff do you write: Action/Sci-Fi mostly. Very rarely will you catch me writing anything else.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read: Humor. Most of the "serious" stuff is crap anyway
Do you follow fanfics on the board: Would if I could. I'm happy in my own little world.
Oooh, do you read and reply: ^^. I will sometimes if I do read.

Last edited:
well, bout time that I filled this yoke out!!!

Aim: InanityTheTiger
email: [email protected] (I do check my hotmail one as well tho, just not very regularly)

Name: Sarah
Where you're from: Ireland. you know, that lil insignificant country that the vast majority of Americans claim to be related back too...
Favourite Authors: very much into Lewis at the moment (rereading the chronicles of narnia) I like Dan Brown, tho haven't read much of his stuff. Stephen King is pretty awesome... ah I dunno, I read almost everything that's put in front of me. Except Harry Potter books... I dunno, there's just something about them...
Favourite Books: oooh ooh, the green-sky trilogy! they rock! the chronicles of narnia... I dunno.
When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? I write... blah. I dunno, trainer fics? supposedly I used to write romance stuff, dunno bout that now. my fanfics are all pokemon based cuz that anime was great craic when I started watching it and the games ruled too...
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board? EVERYTHING! I just like reading completely random stuff... I do follow fanfics. Um, read all the first series of Pokemon Impact, and shall read the second. I'm reading Ambition's Debt, despite the speed of updating... hmmm... that fanfic by Jo-Jo, the one written in script form... can't remember name right now but I think it's awesome... Ohmygod, can't think of the name of the other either... eh something Amongst Thieves. Honour is it? grr, the main character's called Vyle (very fitting for a thief, no? I really like that name for him)... that one's pretty well written too... tho not updated so much I don't think... oh right, i've been rambling...
Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh? YES! I'm oh so good... well, pretty good. I do read and reply the majority of times. Tho sometimes I read and wander away to think about it cuz I'm not quite sure what to say and then I come back to it. I could be better tho... and I shall be. Tho I dunno if I could read *everything* on the board. Maybe that can be my own personal challenge...

ahem... rambling again... this happens because no one will talk to me in random fic topics...

Here we go...

AIM Triptomelus
MSN [email protected]

Name Grey.
Actual Name A J Hawthorne.
Age 20 (21 in October).
From? Can't really say; I move around too much to actually have a "hometown". Let's just say the United States.
Favorite Authors Douglas Adams, Edgar Allen Poe, Anne McAffrey.
Favorite Books Dragonriders of Pern, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Started Writing? 1998.
Preferred Genre Action and adventure; some humor. People also tell me that I'm a sappy romance fiend as well...

*hugs Ages* I was introduced to Anne McCaffrey's books by BenRG, another poster here. Have you read the newest Pern novel that her son, Todd, wrote?

Barb said:
*hugs Ages* I was introduced to Anne McCaffrey's books by BenRG, another poster here. Have you read the newest Pern novel that her son, Todd, wrote?

Unfortunately, no. Right now I don't have any means to go out and do things... :(

I blame that on the fact that I don't have a stable place of living at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I saw it at my local library on Saturday, and after I'm finished with my other books, I'm getting it.

Aim: Timarelay

Name: Aba
Where you're from: Hm. Places. Mostly based, at the moment, due to college and where my parents live(in that order) in Connecticut and Ghana.
Favourite Authors: Long list. A few being Neil Gaiman, Kelley Armstrong, Anne McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, Dean Koontz, Laurell K Hamilton, Anne Bishop, Lynn Flewelling, Tanya Huff, Rachel Caine, and David Eddings.
Favourite Books: Um. Well there's a hard one. Although I must say that two series that put me in a very good mood(well, several very good types of moods) are Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series and Kelley Armstrongs werewolf books(the latest ones about the witch are good too, but I miss Elena and Clayton).
When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? I'm not really sure when I started. I think maybe in 98 or 97, originally FF7 stuff through IFs(RPGs). Then I started Pokemon fanfiction whenever TPM started...I think in 1999. I write... well, my three biggest fics were a fantasy, a Gundam Wing plot ripoff(no mecha), and a romance fic.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board? Good character driven stuff, essentially. I guess I'm starting to follow a few fics here, now.
Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?: Generally, when I read, I reply. Eventually. I just don't read often.

Has anyone read Todd's Dragonriders of Pern book? I'm tempted to read it but I dunno... It has to be good. I loved that series. Read everything to do with it, even The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern(and tried to make Klah too!).

I have the Dragonlover's guide as well. Haven't read Todd's book yet, but I have high hopes.

well, this topic gone quite dead. I notice that we have far more writers on this board than have put up contact details and such... nobody got any community feeling anymore?

AIM: Megamisama Bell
MSN and email: [email protected]

Name: Dani
Where you're from: the US
Favourite Authors: Orson Scott Card
Favourite Books: Ender's Game (and the sequels), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and the sequels), Left Behind: the kids series
When and why you started writting fanfiction? Last year, Mikey's one of my favorite characters on Pokemon and I always wondered what his Pokemon journey would be like so I'm writing it.
And what kinda stuff do you write? Only one fic but I guess it's a trainer one.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? a lot
Do you follow fanfics on the board? sometimes
Oooh, do you read and reply? yeah

My fic: Mikey's Kanto Journey

AIM: Ida Kathry
YIM: sailorpashmina
E-mail: [email protected]

Name: Ida
Where you're from: California
When and why you started writting fanfiction?: 10-11 years ago; out of boredom
What kinda stuff do you write?: Whatever I'm in the mood of writing
What type of fanfiction do you like to read?: Whatever I'm in the mood of reading
Do you follow fanfics on the board?: Not really
Oooh, do you read and reply?: Sometimes

tyger, IMO "moderative" is a better made-up word for that situation than "modly" ;-)

Aim: I never log on =\

msn: Don't have it...

email: [email protected], though I only check it every week or two. Better to just PM me over here or on Smogon! =)

Name: Matt Wallace

Where you're from: Massachsetts

Favourite Authors: Terry Brooks, Tolkien, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Favourite Books: Angel Fire East (by Terry Brooks)

When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write? I first started a very poorly written and egocentric semi-trainerfic in 1999, wrote about 7 chapters with 5-10 pages a chapter. I am still planning on using some of the characters from it when I put out my first modern fanfic, however (I'm partially through a few, I work on them in odd occasions)

What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board? I'm kinda picky, I only enjoy really stories which follow closely to what I consider an objective Pokemon canon (see the Pokemon World forum for all of that...) and are inventive in relation to it, and have high-quality battle choreography and very decently-made characters

Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh? I reply after I read a story I enjoy to say that I enjoyed the story, but that's usually rare... not many fanfics of the type I described above! ;-)

I love to write and plan to write more in the near future. I accidentally misplaced one of the 2 Pokemon fanfics I was working on in my free time, so if I find the DVD I burned that to, it'll be an ever nearer future, probably. I've only posted one short part of a story since 2000, in the PokeCommunity forums, and no one responded to it, which bothered me since I felt it was fairly well-written and engaging (yeah okay maybe that's a bit self-centered to say ^_^), but I didn't really have anywhere to go with that story anyway, I just felt like posting something and so it was idle prose. Anyway, I take Pokemon fanfic very seriously, like I do with many things. =)

Matt, if you ever wander over to Fanfiction.net and wade through all the garbage that's been posted, I can highly recommend BenRG's Pokémon fanfics. His canon is very similar to yours, and you'd probably like his stuff. I think he has a new trainer fic here, buried a few pages back as well.

Aim: ket makura
msn: [email protected] (but I'm rarely on)
YIM: weeping_dreamer

Name: Ket Makura
Where You're From: Michigan
When and why you started writing fanfiction: The first fanfic I can remember writing was for the X-Men cartoon. I think I was about eight. *Shrugs* my brother liked it. The reason why I write fanfiction is to see characters in situations other than what the series does with them. Also, 'cause I like yaoi.
What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Darkfics. Lemons. Comedy, though I'm picky about it.
Do you read and reply? Not as often as I should.

Name: ImJessieTR, duh...

I'm From: the US

Favorite Authors: Karen Armstrong, Larry Gonick (he's a non-fiction cartoonist), Robert Bakker -- I'm more into non-fiction than fiction, see?

Favorite Books: Raptor Red, Shadows of the Empire

When & Why Fanfiction: When I was a kid, I subscribed to Marvel's Beauty and the Beast comics. Wrote a story about Belle getting pregnant and Gaston's ghost possessing the kid. I think that's the first one I did. It also had the theory that the Enchantress ripped off the rose and the mirror from Arbitus (tree guy from Aladdin series).

What fanfiction I like to read: original ones, pokemon-centric stories, mythical ones, Rocketshipping ones

Read & Reply: I don't bother with those that seem to have like a thousand posts already, unless someone refers it to me. I read ones about my favorite characters or if a plot summary intrigues me. I do try to reply when I read them, though.

YIM: rocket_girl_neku

Name:Dawn Maier

Where you're from:Indianapolis. You know, that little place in the Midwest that's the center of the universe in May, but totally insignificant the other 11 months.

Favourite Authors:JK Rowling, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, Edgar Allan Poe

Favourite Books:The Discworld novels, Harry Potter, the Dark Tower series

When and why you started writting fanfiction? And what kinda stuff do you write?
I started last year, with a totally depressing Diamondshipping fic. Most of the stuff I wrote for a lot of the beginning of sophomore year to kill time in study hall was craptacular. Somehow, I started writing better over the summer. Mostly, I write angstfic, with the occasional humorous story, and even then, it's dark humor.

What type of fanfiction do you like to read? Do you follow fanfics on the board?
Nothing lemon or lime, ever, but otherwise, angst, comedy, suspense, and shounen-ai. Yummy shounen-ai. I follow one right now (IMJessieTR's "To Care for Him")

Oooh, do you read and reply?? Eh?
Only when I feel so moved.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom