• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DISCUSSION: The fanfic potential of the Entralink

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I never played the Entralink as a kid, but I just started rewatching chuggaaconroy's video about it, and my mind is already racing with ideas.
  • The explanation for how you can obtain Pokémon from the Dream World is that there's a forest where it merges with reality. In other words, Pokémon can materialise out of dreams. This could easily be a setup for a crossover with anything that has a character associated with dreams - has anyone written one? (It could also explain the beginning of Gates to Infinity.)
  • The Entree transforms you when you enter another world, into either a generic trainer class... or, for certain missions, a Pokémon. Imagine a human stranded in a world where everything seems off, searching for a way to communicate with other humans...

I've entertained the idea of using the Dream World in an RP setting but have been struggling to come up with a cohesive plot to actually draw in players and keep them interested until the end. The closest thing I've come up with to a plot, which I'm not wholly satisfied with, is that the characters were in some kind of accident or were otherwise teetering on the edge of life and death. Their consciousnesses were sent to the Dream World by their Pokemon's fervent desires for their Trainers to live. The players would then have to travel through the Dream World piecing together how they got there, coming to terms with whatever brought them there, and eventually making it back to their physical bodies in the real world. The idea definitely needs more polish before it can ever be used in an RP but I'm worried if such a concept is one of those that sounds good on paper but would never work in practice.

Honestly I think the Dream world in general is so underutilized by fans it is annoying.
There's a Pokemon Tabletop Adventures series where one of the characters can slip into the Dream World to commune with certain Pokemon... since she has strange mystical powers given by a class that's not quite canon. It's called Pokemon Utopus Region.

What kind of Pokémon do they communicate with? Ones associated with dreams, or just any?

...Now I'm picturing Cresselia, Darkrai, and the tapir-bakus all being able to slip between the dream and physical worlds at will.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom