• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia The Fantastic Forretress Face-off (Gun Show V1) - Phase 3 - 11/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I will allow dead players to chat as long as it doesn’t disrupt the game (which is probably harder to accomplish in this game than Mafia, I’d imagine).
Ah, I do suppose I'm just too used to the usual rule of only one after-death post and nothing more. :p

I was always right to not like bugs. Turns out this proves me right. Thanks Forretress. xD

Good game though, y'all!

@Felly enjoy the heater in the underworld SKSKSKSKSKSKSKSK

Also, dabs

It's the best personal heater, not gonna lie. Probably ranks at #3 on the list of top 10 Pokemon games.

Phase 3 - Thermos Be Some Mistake
@Space follows her Yanmega through the War Room Wetlands, the Ogre Darner having spotted the shiny Forretress and returned to her to lead the way. Space comes across the pond in which @Pikochu now lies unconscious, so she stops to drag him out of the water and onto the soil. Pikochu coughs a few times, weakly opening his eyes. “Yikes, what happened to you, Piko?” Space asks.
“It was...jd...” Pikochu rasps feebly before closing his eyes again.
“Hmm.” Space resumes following her Yanmega, passing by the berry-stained crater with @chibighost still lying motionless at the bottom of it.

@DarthWolf leans over the miniature wetlands display, shifting the chained magnifying glass over an area where a whole cluster of tiny explosions had gone off. He sees a minuscule @jdthebud frantically looking around for the shiny Forretress in a small clearing and failing to find it. But from his own perspective, DarthWolf finally spots it...a little speck of gold, several clusters of trees away, is revealed to him as the shiny Forretress when he hovers the magnifying glass above it. Of course, DarthWolf realizes winning the competition wouldn’t be quite as easy as simply plucking the shiny Forretress right out of the display; he certainly couldn’t present it to MegaPod at less than the size of a grain of rice. There was even a footnote in the event’s pamphlet explicitly stating that particular caveat...for some reason. But DarthWolf figures he should try something. He puts down the magnifying glass and begins slowly sliding open the cover to the glass case over the display.
“Hey,” @AussieEevee calls out to DarthWolf from behind the counter, “are you supposed to be doing that?”
“Am I not supposed to be?” DarthWolf responds with a straight face.
AussieEevee briefly glances back at his clipboard sitting on the counter. “I suppose you make a good point.“
DarthWolf opens the case all of the way, and decides to test out interacting with the wetlands display. He does this by gently tipping one of the little trees outside the tiny version of the Information Center he’s standing in. Instantaneously, he and AussieEevee hear a loud thump coming from outside of the cabin. DarthWolf runs to a window and looks outside. Sure enough, a tree directly corresponding to the same one he tipped in the display had just fallen, and in the exact same way, too.
DarthWolf runs back to the display, but just as he’s about to check to make sure the shiny Forretress is still where he’d last seen it, @Contrainer enters the Information Center. “DarthWolf?” he asks, staring curiously. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be looking for the shiny Forretress?”
“Oh, yeah,” DarthWolf chuckles, “I’ve just been checking out this really neat model of the wetlands. The detailing is really nice; I could stare at it for hours! You wanna join me?” he adds slyly, actually hoping to cause Contrainer to lose interest in the display by saying so.
“...no thanks,” Contrainer tells DarthWolf. “I was having trouble finding the shiny Forretress out there, so I asked the 8-Ball about what I should do and it brought me here. I guess I can ask AussieEevee about something weird that just happened to me out there...”
While Contrainer steps over to the counter to talk to AussieEevee, DarthWolf walks through a doorway into a little gift shop in the Information Center. He takes a reusable metal coffee thermos off one of the shelves, planning to use it to manipulate the wetlands display to his advantage while Contrainer is distracted.

“C’mon, you’re around here somewhere...” jdthebud mutters as he parts some leaves in his frenzied search.
“What is?” a voice calls out.
“Huh?” jdthebud turns to see Space leaning against a tree, she and her Yanmega beside her both staring him down. “Oh, yeah, I dropped one of those blue Pokéballs around here. I think it rolled into the bushes somewhere,” jdthebud fibs.
“Drop the act,” chuckles Space. “I know the shiny Forretress must be close; my Yanmega here saw it.”
“You got me there,” jdthebud admits. “May the best player find it first.”
“How refreshing to see you acting so civil on the matter,” Space remarks. “Especially after your little incident with Pikochu,” she adds, prompting a worried facial expression from jdthebud. “That’s right, bud. I found out. Yanmega, Air Slash!” Upon hearing Space issuing the order, Yanmega shoots a blade of wind at a tree branch above jdthebud. However, jdthebud manages to dodge the wild Forretress that comes tumbling down towards him. Just as the Forretress prepares to explode, jdthebud pulls out one of the blue Pokéballs and strikes it on its shell, capturing it. He then immediately tosses the ball at Space to let the Forretress back out, and the bagworm explodes right in Space’s face.

Space died by shooting jdthebud!

Some distance away from Space and jdthebud’s location, @Max1996 finds himself wandering into a much larger clearing, with an astounding landmark situated in the middle of it. Max1996 looks up at a giant obelisk of gray stone towering above him. Down the four sides of the massive pillar are symmetrical engravings carved into the stone, each side depicting Tangrowth at the bottom and multiple Forretress along the way up. These engravings are partially covered by numerous small, round rocks seemingly stuck all over the sides of the obelisk. The base of the monolith is surrounded by a ring of blue, glassy gemstones the size of boulders, all spaced apart from each other; the frontmost of these boulders is shaped roughly like the head of an Onix, meaning the other stones likely represent an Onix’s body segments. Well, I know who this part’s dedicated to... Max1996 thinks to himself as he steps towards the rock monument.

DarthWolf slowly reaches into the open display case with the coffee thermos in his hand, intent on scooping up the shiny Forretress and sneakily dumping it in a convenient location for himself, watching closely as Contrainer listens to AussieEevee. “You see, there’s a big obelisk in the center of the War Room Wetlands that acts as a sort of huge magnet for Everstones,” explains park ranger AussieEevee to a fascinating Contrainer. “MegaPod devised it as part of the system, with the purpose of preventing the Pineco born here from being exposed to Everstone and then leveling up without evolving.” DarthWolf nearly scoops up a section of the dirt with the shiny Forretress on it, when suddenly AussieEevee says something DarthWolf didn’t want to hear. “Here, let me show you on the scale model of the wetlands.” DarthWolf quickly lets go of the thermos around the shiny Forretress, trapping it inside the cup as he pulls his arm out of the display case.

Without warning, a gargantuan, hollow cylinder of metal descends from the clouds, lowering itself into the wetlands as it casts an ominous shadow. The mysterious, colossal structure, which easily dwarfs even the stone obelisk, contacts the ground somewhere between Max1996 and Space’s respective locations, causing a large plume of dirt to ripple outwards towards each of them, requiring them both to shield their eyes.
@Pika_pika42, @Tood, and @prog rocker, all looking through their binoculars to watch a Cramorant fly, find their view suddenly obstructed by this massive metal tower, its silvery surface emblazoned with an upside-down, golden logo depicting a Forretress and the words “WAR ROOM WETLANDS.” prog rocker sighs and shakes his head. “Don’t you just hate it when you’re watching a bird and then a pop-up advertisement gets in the way?”
Max1996 and jdthebud each run towards the tower to inspect it. Loud metallic banging can be heard from the inside, indicating the presence of a Pokémon trying in vain to get out. “What is that?” Max1996 asks jdthebud as he approaches him.
“Whatever it is, I bet that’s the shiny Forretress trapped inside,” jdthebud answers. “Do you think this is supposed to be part of the challenge?”
Max1996 pounds on the thick metal wall with his fist. “I hope not,” he says. “I don’t know how anyone’s getting in there...”
“Stand back,” jdthebud tells Max1996, sending out one of his Forretress. “Maybe we can blast it down.” Standing a safe distance away, the two trainers watch jdthebud’s Forretress use Explosion right up against the base of the tower. Unfortunately, the blast doesn’t leave so much as a dent in the wall, and the silvery stronghold barely even rattles. “I guess we’ll need a force stronger than that,” jdthebud sighs.
“Good luck with that!” someone laughs. jdthebud and Max1996 walk around the tower to find @Parissong standing next to his newest catch, a Swampert that he’s already put to work digging a tunnel under the wall. Surrounding Parissong and Swampert are a whole group of Forretress standing guard. “While you two nice people scratch your heads trying to figure out a way through this barrier, I’ll just go under it if that’s alright.”
“Where did you even catch that Swampert?” Max1996 asks.
“Where’s the fun in telling you? You’ve got the whole wetlands to explore!” Parissong laughs.
jdthebud beckons for Max1996 to step away from Parissong with him. “We need a plan, and fast,” he says. “Here’s what I think we need to do...”

“See, any and all Everstones that end up in the War Room Wetlands will get pulled towards this here monument, all the way in the middle,” AussieEevee explains. “A bit over the top if you ask me, but it works.”
As AussieEevee shows Contrainer the stone obelisk in the center of the display, the latter can’t help but notice something small scurrying out from the ring of blue gemstones at its base. “Wait, is that a tiny person?” Contrainer asks, leaning in for a closer look.
“What? Don’t be ridiculous,” DarthWolf scoffs, trying not to let Contrainer catch on to the true nature of the “scale model” of the wetlands.
“And what’s that coffee cup doing there?” Contrainer asks, reaching out to grab DarthWolf’s upside-down thermos.
DarthWolf puts out a hand to block him. “Don’t touch that.”
“Why not?” Contrainer asks, confused.
“Because,” DarthWolf says, pausing for a second to think. “It’s not yours. Besides, it might just be part of the display, we don’t know.”
“No it isn’t,” Contrainer asserts. “You put that coffee cup there, didn’t you?” Contrainer receives no response from DarthWolf, but suddenly hears a faint clinking sound coming from inside the metal cup. Contrainer takes the magnifying glass to the area around the cup, seeing unmistakably three tiny contestants and several miniature Pokémon. He looks back up at DarthWolf. “The shiny Forretress is in there, isn’t it?” Contrainer laughs. “Thanks for helping me trap it there!” Contrainer sends out his Forretress.
“Whoa, settle down there, mate,” AussieEevee urges Contrainer.

Meanwhile, Max1996 gives a signal to his Greninja. The amphibious Pokémon forms a Night Slash blade in one of its hands and begins speedily darting through the trees while Max1996 and jdthebud watch from a safe distance. Taking a predetermined course, Greninja expertly slices through the trunks of several select trees, each in a different spot around the tower at some distance away. All at once, these trees begin falling in towards the metal tower, countless Forretress within their leaves also taking the fall.
Parissong looks up to see a tree laden with Forretress about to come down on top of him. “Oh, this is a Nico Nico Nightmare...” he mutters under his breath.
Max1996 and jdthebud cover their ears as all of the treetops impact the ground around the base of the tower, prompting the dozens and dozens of Forretress dwelling within the leaves to all explode at once. The combined force of these explosions causes the huge metal tower to fly up like a rocket and out of the War Room Wetlands.

Contrainer orders his Forretress to use Zap Cannon on DarthWolf. The bagworm fires the electric attack straight at DarthWolf, knocking him across the room and stunning him. Then, as though that wasn’t enough, the metal coffee thermos somehow launches itself off of the display with a firecracker-like popping noise, shatters the glass case to bits, and bonks DarthWolf on the head, knocking him out cold.

DarthWolf was shot dead by Contrainer and Max1996!

A twisted, evil grin forming on his face, Contrainer reaches for the miniature Information Center on the wetlands display. As he lifts it up with one hand, the cabin and AussieEevee are standing in can be felt moving upwards. The wood is heard crackling loudly in numerous places as the exterior walls suffer pressure from the massive set of fingers gripping them, support beams snap apart due to the building’s separation from the ground, and the floorboards sag. Contrainer holds onto the chained magnifying glass to keep himself steady as he moves the little cabin across the wetlands display, while the tilting of the Information Center causes AussieEevee to tumble onto the floor, where his computer monitor falls onto his head, knocking him unconscious.
Pika_pika42, Tood, and prog rocker all watch from the ground in awe as a colossal hand from above the clouds carries the Information Center through the sky and towards where the metal tower stood not even a minute ago.

Finally freed from its imprisonment, the shiny Forretress bounds away over the heaps of regular Forretress that all just exploded, looking for a safe place to hide itself. Max1996 and jdthebud each break into a run after it.
“Your plan worked,” Max1996 remarks to jdthebud as they sprint.
“Yeah, well, you and Greninja were crucial to executing it,” jdthebud pants. “Well done, yourself.“
“Are we back to competing against each other now?” asks Max1996.
“You bet,” huffs jdthebud. Suddenly, the two trainers have to stop when the massive sky hand sets down the Information Center right between them and the shiny Forretress. “...great, what now?”
“I’m not sure,” Max1996 says. “At least we don’t have to deal with Parissong, too...”

In the spot where the metal tower was launched away, a regular-sized hand claws its way out from under the soil, followed by the rest of the person it belongs to: Parissong. However, he is completely alive and well, as opposed to risen from the dead; before the explosions hit, he and his team of Pokémon had all managed to slip into the incomplete tunnel that his Swampert dug, where they rode out the blast from below. “Did they think they could get rid of me that easily?” Parissong chuckles, now surrounded once more by his Forretress squad. “I’ll be the one to win this contest yet!” Just then, the unexpected sight of a giant hand setting down the Information Center catches the attention of Parissong and his team. The giant hand lets go of the cabin and digs its fingertips into the soil, scooping together a wall of dirt to further impede the trainers. In doing so, the hand inadvertently kicks up a small rock, which lands somewhere near Parissong. Unfortunately for Parissong, this startles all the members of his Forretress entourage, and they all react...as expected.

Parissong shot himself dead!

———​

Space died by shooting jdthebud!
DarthWolf was shot dead by Contrainer and Max1996!
Parissong shot himself dead!

It is now Phase 3! I will lock actions in 72 hours, or possibly sooner after I receive an action from every player.

Having chewed through his bonds, silently opens Con's backpack from inside and runs for his life... only to be distracted by the display and decide to take a closer look

Also, can you confirm who is still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom