• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia The Fantastic Forretress Face-off (Gun Show V1) - Phase 3 - 11/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Welcome to The War Room, Felly. :D

Thank you! c: I actually really love Mafia games, but I feel like I never have time for forum ones (which are the ones I really enjoy), so here I am! Maybe one day I'lll do one of the more in depth ones, haha.
I think it's cute that you have the gall to even comment hehe

I think it's cute that you thought I wouldn't have the gall to comment. Don't worry, I'll make your time in this game quick and painless. xD

Haha wow so much pre-game action! I love it.

I'll join the line marching to their death at the hands of Paris.

Phase 0 - Competition Confirmation
Nearly three weeks after the flyers went up, a group of eleven forum users stand around in one secluded corner of the transformed Fun and Games section, waiting by the edge of a large body of freshwater laden with duckweed. A simple, shabby-looking boat, with seating for a dozen but no apparent means of propulsion onboard, floats in this weedy water, tethered to a nearby wooden post so as not to drift away. Some of the eleven users murmur amongst themselves, wondering when the impending competition would be finally ready to start. Soon enough, the sound of a set of footsteps trudging through dirt and fallen leaves makes itself apparent. MegaPod steps into view of the other users, carrying in his arms a somewhat large wooden crate, as well as a black briefcase balanced atop it. He gets in front of the group of users, sets the cases down on the soil, and begins to speak.
“Welcome, everybody!” MegaPod greets the small crowd, throwing his hands out to his sides before clasping them together. “Decent turnout today! Could’ve been better, but this’ll do fine. Are y’all excited for the competition?”
“Yeah!” “You bet!” “Eh.” “Of course!” come the various replies from the participants.
“Alrighty then! All the details should’ve been in the pamphlet you all surely have read, but I’ll go over the important stuff with you real quick as a refresher, as well as for reader exposition.”
“...reader exposition? What...?” @Pikochu wonders aloud, looking around confusedly.
MegaPod slides the briefcase off to the side and lifts the lid off of the wooden box. “Outside Pokémon are not allowed in the competition, but you are permitted to catch as many Pokémon found within the War Room Wetlands as you’d like to assist you in the challenge. You can do so by using...these.” MegaPod slightly tilts the crate towards the contestants to give them all a good look at the contents: a large stash of some strange variant of Pokéball. Each one has a periwinkle-colored top half, but is otherwise identical in appearance to standard Pokéballs. @Max1996 raises his eyebrows at the sight, while @ExLight, @Parissong, and @Felly all exchange glances, this handful of the participants immediately recognizing the unique Pokéball variant filling the crate. “Now, these balls all have the same 100% capture rate as a Master Ball, believe it or not,” continues MegaPod, “which will allow you to capture any wild Pokémon in the wetlands without battling it first. That includes your most important target, the shiny Forretress.” This information appears to pique the interest of any of the players not already familiar with the bluish capsules in the crate, which MegaPod now shuts. “I bought all of these Pokéballs myself, so each of the caught Pokémon should be registered with my own name as the OT. And that’s the key reason why I’ll be supplying these to you, contestants; even if you do catch the shiny Forretress and bring it back to me successfully...if it’s not in one these, ya don’t win the prize. So...any questions?”
ExLight had one. “So this whole competition is just an elaborate scheme to get yourself a shiny Forretress under your own name without actually catching it yourself?”
“Yes, but the catcher gets thiii-iiis~” MegaPod replies to ExLight in singsong, waggling the black briefcase in front of himself before setting it back atop the crate.
“...okay, good enough for me.”
“I’m in,” concurs @DarthWolf.
Though everyone else present seems to remain on board with the contest, @chibighost raises a hand, apparently having a concern of his own.
“Yes, chibighost?”
“Will there be snacks there?”
“Nature shall generously provide mushrooms and berries for your sustenance during your stay in the wetlands of indeterminate length,” MegaPod answers chibighost. “Namaste,” MegaPod adds, bowing to him with his hands together.
“I don’t think that’s even the correct usage of ‘namaste...’” murmurs @Space.
“Wait, that’s the part you’re concerned with?” a somewhat taken aback @Calvin ッ chimes in. “Did nobody else catch the whole ‘stay of indeterminate length’ bit?”
“I just wanna know how MegaPod did all this,” @Contrainer remarks, marveling at the vast wetland scenery engulfing the Fun and Games section.
“Well, everyone hop in the boat,” MegaPod says while gesturing towards the vessel, “and I’ll tell you all about it on the way!”
One by one, the eleven contestants begin boarding the boat, rocking it as they step on. However, MegaPod stops @jdthebud before he can enter it. “Hold up,” MegaPod says to him. “I think you‘re disqualified from participating in this competition, jd. You’ll have to leave now.”
“What? Really?” jdthebud asks confusedly.
“...nah! I just thought it would be funny to call for your elimination at least once this game,” MegaPod snickers. “C’mon, get in!” A visibly annoyed jdthebud climbs into the boat, and MegaPod picks up the crate and suitcase before going in after him. “Everyone ready?” MegaPod asks the group.
“Yeah, but...how are we supposed to get there?” Max1996 asks, noticing the distinct lack of a motor, sail, or paddles of any sort.
“Like this!” With the containers resting on his lap, MegaPod loudly claps his hands twice in quick succession. Seconds later, a mechanical whirring sound becomes audible, growing louder as the source of the noise approaches from above: an unusually large Fan Rotom, sporting a fan blade with a diameter greater than an average person’s height. In response to the signal from MegaPod, the Rotom descends to the back of the boat and affixes itself there, where its spinning blade can be used to propel the vessel. “Rotom, set sail for the War Room Wetlands!” MegaPod commands enthusiastically. The Fan Rotom fires an Air Slash to cut the rope holding the boat in place, then begins spinning its blade once more, driving the whole group across the water and towards the site of the competition!

———​

Phase 0 has begun! No actions will be taken as this is simply a player confirmation phase. After every player has confirmed their readiness to play in the thread, I will announce the start of Phase 1. You may initiate game-related PMs if you wish, but you must remember to include me, @MegaPod; Moderator on Duty @AussieEevee; and spectators @Pika_pika42, @prog rocker, and @Tood in each of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom