• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The Fiction Fairground Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

Hey can you make fanfics that are not based around pokemon

Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 31st May 2012 - please read before posting)

Yes. In fact, you'll find that there's a rather large minority of fics here that are non-Pokémon.

I have one question:
I have an account to another forum and I have a FanFic there can I copy it and put it here and What classification my story would be it has violence

I have one question:
I have an account to another forum and I have a FanFic there can I copy it and put it here and What classification my story would be it has violence

Yes you can copy a story from elsewhere and post it here - that's fine. Though be careful to obey the excessive updates rule (have a look at the OP of this thread).

It depends on the extent of the violence. If it's graphic violence, I'd say mature. If it's just someone getting beaten up or fighting but there's not an enormous amount of description about the violence, probably teen. Just try to make a sensible assessment of it yourself and, if in doubt, go for the higher rating.

I have one question:

Yes you can copy a story from elsewhere and post it here - that's fine. Though be careful to obey the excessive updates rule (have a look at the OP of this thread).

It depends on the extent of the violence. If it's graphic violence, I'd say mature. If it's just someone getting beaten up or fighting but there's not an enormous amount of description about the violence, probably teen. Just try to make a sensible assessment of it yourself and, if in doubt, go for the higher rating.

There is blood lots of them

Two questions.
One, it sounds like I can't post two chapters at once even if they're in the same post, correct?
Two, and I doubt it will be an issue but just to be 100% sure, the fanfic that I want to post here should have a teen rating, but there is a slight possibility that further down the line I will include something that is borderline mature. If that were to happen, would I just change the label? Again, it probably won't be an issue, I don't really want the scene I'm thinking of in there but as the story progresses I might change my mind.

For the first one, keep your chapters in separate posts (and allow a few hours between each post).

I've often wondered about the second question myself, as I had plans to do something like that. @AceTrainer14; @Gama; what's the official ruling on this?

It would largely depend how mature the content is. If it is just for one or two chapters, then make a note that there is certain mature content in this chapter and warn people before hand so they can decide if they want to continue. However, if the content will carry on for the rest of the story (more than a few chapters), then I would say change the rating at that point and edit the first post of the fic to specify that it is teen content up until Chapter ... .

I'm thinking of writing a story or stories based on Pokemon games but fairly darker. There will most-likely be violence and swearing, and possibly mentions of drug-use, and sex (all the characters will be teenager or older). How should I classify it/them?

I'd say mature, especially if there's mentions of drugs and sexual stuff.

I just wanted to make sure before I went and posted... Do One Shots get posted right into the Archive section or not?

I just wanted to make sure before I went and posted... Do One Shots get posted right into the Archive section or not?

You can post one shots into the main Writer's Workshop, there's no need to post them straight into the Archives. You can have them moved to the archives once you feel they've outlived their stay in the Workshop.

I hope this is helpful =)

Even though this is a fanfic subforum are we allowed to post writing works which do not involve and characters or elements of other stories. In other words can it be 100% created by us?

Even though this is a fanfic subforum are we allowed to post writing works which do not involve and characters or elements of other stories. In other words can it be 100% created by us?

Yes, that's fine. Other users have done this too. There's even an Award specifically set aside for users who do not write about Pokemon: it doesn't have to be about another fandom to qualify for that award either.

I do have a question: What would you guys consider the cutoff point when it comes to swearing--how much would make a fic Mature as opposed to Teen?

I have a fic that's relatively mild as far as swearing goes 95% of the time (with the worst usually being along the lines of "you bastard"), but there is the occasional Precision F-Strike.

We sad that frequent mild language would be classified as teen with the occasional (and hopefully justified) explicit language being allowed as well. If you frequently use explicit language such as the f bomb, that would be Mature. If you want some extra guidance, you could look at what words are banned on American television: that is a general idea of what you probably shouldn't be frequently throwing around in a teen or everyone story.

We have some revisions/suggestions/recommendations rating wise coming out soon enough.

Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Please be aware that there has been a rule change to Rule 1. Mislabelled Fiction/Inappropriate Content, with new necessary requirements for Mature fiction that all users must read.

Re: Writer's Workshop Rulebook (updated 22nd May 2013 - please read before posting)

Where does amputation fall under the gore/violence scale, and does it depend on how it's described or the context? (I could put a rough draft of the paragraph here if you want. It's not torture or anything; it was done to save a certain character's life, which I think is kind of the exact opposite of violence.)

Where does amputation fall under the gore/violence scale, and does it depend on how it's described or the context? (I could put a rough draft of the paragraph here if you want. It's not torture or anything; it was done to save a certain character's life, which I think is kind of the exact opposite of violence.)

The guide says Mature is for gore done so in a detailed and grisly fashion. If it is to save a life, that is alright for teen as long as you do not get too descriptive. For example, if you have watched Game of Thrones this season and witnessed their certain amputation, that is the level of mature not to have in teen. Just have the hand get cut off and maybe a very brief description but nothing that would make it too dark. Just use your own judgement and give a warning at the start of the chapter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom