• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The First Pokemon Battle

Shinx3000

Reaction score
I have been wondering on the first pokemon battles and who thought that a pokemon could fit in a pokeball or created one for such a purpose?

I have not found out much, so any ideas would be nice. Wasn't the first pokeballs used made from Apricorns?

I read a fic once that said that someone found a fox like creature making a "eev eev" sound and when he brought it hone, it jumped into a capsule he had and then they realised that these creatures could fit in things smaller than they were, but that was just a fic and don't think it was that relevant to what I am trying to find out

I think of it as, when people and pokemon first started interacting with each other for benefit; the pokemon tended to stay around.
Some 2 people probably got into an arguement, and their pokemon that lived with them fought to prove that their guy was right. Eventually, battles became a way of bonding with the pokemon, and as a person obtained/befriended more and more pokemon, people would have came up with the Apricorn to hold them...That's my thought XD

The first pokeball was propaly made after the cavemen in "pokemon land" dicoverd fire.

I think that people developed them to hunt the pokemon. Since then the purpose has changed.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom