• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review The First Three Movies Blu-Ray set

Ryu Taylor

Eternally loyal to the dub and TPCi
Reaction score
Today's the day, everyone! Today's the day where the first three movies finally get a much-coveted widescreen HD release of the first three movies in English! So, for those of you getting the set along with me, let's discuss it.

Movie 1's opening is creditless on the Blu-Ray, but overall despite my dislike of this movie's dub I do think it looks great on Blu. The end credits have several typos in it. I caught Megan Hillingshead instead of Megan Hollingshead, Bolly Crawford instead of Billy Crawford among others.

Last edited:
Here's my unboxing and review of the set if anyone's interested. I look at the packaging and take specific notes about each film's disc. I'll admit, it's a little too long, and the quality isn't the best, but it's my first time doing one of these, and I thought this set would be a great test subject.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0O3374WPp0

I have the same mixed feelings about this set as I did with 4-7's. While it is awesome to get these movies re-released after so long in widescreen and HD, it's a shame all the bonus features were cut (there isn't even closed captioning!). Overall, it's so close, yet so far.

I like it that movie 1's opening had no credits over them. Not only that, but that blooper where Machamp's emergence from its Pokeball was played twice got fixed. The absence of special features would be a good reason to hold onto the DVDs, though.

In general, this is a great set. The films look great in widescreen HD, and they sound great in HD.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom