• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Food Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
We have The Cooking Thread, where you can get advice and show off the food you've made, but what about talking about delicious things you've eaten, seen, or want to try!?

You can talk about anything here really, this is a bit more open-ended than The Cooking Thread!! Maybe about different cultures' foods!? More exposure of amazing food, whatever it is, is great~! The world is connected by food, after all!!

I'll start!! I can cook, and have been for about a year! I can only make Japanese food, which is also my favorite kind of food! My favorite food is pizza, though...and donuts are my favorite dessert!!

Oh I'm so glad for this and the cooking thread; they make me very nostalgic. Years ago we had a section of the forums called The Chef's Chateau (which I was the head of, lol bragging rights) that was completely dedicated to food and cooking, and I was sad when we got rid of it. But threads like this keep that spirit alive, so thank you for making them! :)

But yes food!! Food is great. I haven't eaten since lunch and this + the cooking thread are making me really hungry lol. Think I'd better order something soon :p

• Staff
Oh I'm so glad for this and the cooking thread; they make me very nostalgic. Years ago we had a section of the forums called The Chef's Chateau (which I was the head of, lol bragging rights) that was completely dedicated to food and cooking, and I was sad when we got rid of it. But threads like this keep that spirit alive, so thank you for making them! :)
Oh my shark ahhhhhh hopefully I can help bring it back someday omggg! I never knew that they even existed! Thank you very much for helping out with those o7, maybe I'll bring it up someday to the staff~!! (I'd love for them to come back and to help out with them, really.)
But yes food!! Food is great. I haven't eaten since lunch and this + the cooking thread are making me really hungry lol. Think I'd better order something soon :p
I haven't eaten today at all, but I'm going to have dinner soon, yay! Spaghetti is always welcome to me~!! I think I might put jalapenos or something with it because I hate my taste buds for fun!

I really like salad! It's easy to make (esp in those lil kits!), and absolutely delicious! If you're not a vegetarian or a vegan, you can add meat to it too!!

And thank you for posting!!

Oh my shark ahhhhhh hopefully I can help bring it back someday omggg! I never knew that they even existed! Thank you very much for helping out with those o7, maybe I'll bring it up someday to the staff~!! (I'd love for them to come back and to help out with them, really.)

Yeah it was a long time ago! I think some of the threads from there are still floating around in the Outside the Box archives; it's been a while so I can't remember everything that was in there haha. I don't remember why the staff back then chose to shut it down, but you'd totally be the person for the job if the current staff ever chooses to bring it back!

Also add the jalapenos!! Jalapenos are awesome. I wound up ordering a sub with jalapenos on it and it's really hitting the spot :)

I like jalapeños on pizza, and I also can't have a burrito or tacos without them.

Speaking of burritos, there was a burrito chain in my country I loved called Benito's Hat, which sadly went out of business during the pandemic. When I was at uni, I used to love visiting their branch at King's Cross Station on a Friday, grab one of their tasty burritos for lunch and just eat them while people watching or doing sketches for my uni work.

I also eat a lot of salad and I usually have it accompanying most of my meals, or veggies (I like to get my 5 a day in as much as I can). Aside from Mexican food, I also enjoy Thai, Greek, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Indian, Spanish, Italian and Jamaican food. Plus, as a Brit, I enjoy the occasional fish and chips, especially on the beach.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to Hyper Japan Fest in July is seeing what kinds of Japanese food they'll be serving.

Last edited:
  • Staff
Happy National Donut Day everyone!!
For the people in the UK, National Donut Week(lucky!!) starts from July 10 to July 18!!
In South Australia, the first Friday of June (today!!) is Donut Day!!

What's your favorite kind of donut!? I like filled ones~, creme filled and jelly filled are my favorites, but I think I'd have to pick creme filled as my favorites! I've made donuts twice before (cake donuts and yeast donuts), and they were AMAZING!! In a few weeks I think I'll make donuts~

Yay!!

I love donuts! I don't think I have just one favorite kind - I love glazed, jelly, plain, frosted with or without sprinkles, powdered sugar, custard filled...really basically anything goes unless it has a topping I'm not a fan of. I have a donut pan and have made some pretty good baked donuts before, but I've never tried making fried ones, although I'd like to change that one of these days :D

There's a donut chain called Duck Donuts that recently opened a location in my neighborhood and it's a lot of fun. They don't have a display of donuts; everything is made to order and you can pick from a number of preset glaze/topping combinations or you can customize your own. It's kind of like a Cold Stone Creamery for donuts and it's amazing.

I cant even remember the last time I ate a donut,

My favorite foods tend to be Asian Cuisines and I eat them a lot. Im pretty bad at cooking though even though Im trying to get better at it lol. I keep wanting to make Korean Tofu Stew but I cant ever find the meat I want for it,so I may have to choose a different kind,which is alright.

I'm writing in this thread while hungry, which is probably a mistake. :p That said, yes, food is pretty great. I......don't actually cook for myself......at all though. I'm currently in a living situation where I don't have to, so......I don't. Even if I did have to cook for myself, I probably wouldn't, since some of my favorite foods tend to be stuff with preservatives in them and I'm generally somewhat of a picky eater. Yeah..........my diet's not the best. :rolleyes: That all said though, Pizza has to be my favorite food in the whole universe, just plain old cheese though. (As I said, I'm kinda picky.) I do tend to really like things with cheese in them though, calzones, lasagna, etc. These tend to be some of my favorite foods. I'm also fond of Turkey (almost always the deli stuff, so you know, with lots of salt,) and also pork (depends on how it's cooked.) I actually don't care much for chicken or beef at all anymore, had them waaaay too much as a kid.

(Oh yeah, and I like donuts too. :p Mostly the store-bought ones, but my personal favorite kind of donut are the vanilla-frosted ones.)

At the exact time of me finishing writing this, I haven't had anything to eat (or drink,) today-at all. Yeah.......my eating habits aren't exactly the best either. :rolleyes:

Last time I ate a donut was around October when there was a Krispy Kreme Pokémon collab here... and those were good. <3 Otherwise I barely have them myself ahaa.

Picky eater here too! Totally get that. Not massively picky but I'm quite particular about what reheated foods I'll want to eat. Reheated chicken tastes gross to me and I often won't eat it unless it's freshly-made, for example, and other things like couscous and quinoa are also a little gross when taken out of the fridge. I just love fresh food and the taste difference is too obvious lol.

So hungry right now, but I have to wait until later to get something to eat.
I really like fruits, but gosh am i a picky eater
proceeds to force self to eat carrot

I just cane here to say that I don't like American pizza. I don't like that the cheese is overplayed, as the cheese is usually not that good to begin with. I like it when cheese has mozzarella and is pretty equal to the tomato sauce in terms of presence.

If anyone asks me if I reckon that pineapple belongs on pizza, I dunno, I only ever eat either margarita or with ham lol.

I'm currently growing two types of cucumber at the moment and managed to pick the first two yesterday. I sliced one up and put it in a sandwich.

It was delicious! I've been wanting to grow cucumbers for ages and it's true that sometimes, homegrown veg tastes much better than store bought ones.

I finally got to try takoyaki last weekend at Hyper Japan. It was really tasty and I had it with some prawn tempura and crispy edamame beans.

20220724_122648.jpg

There were stalls selling all sorts of Japanese food, like curry bread, poke bowls, yakisoba, deep fried ice cream and okonomiyaki. My sister was a bit disappointed as there was no sushi, but it was probably too hot for that anyway. There was also a Miffy-themed stall selling matcha lemonade and dorayaki with little pics of Miffy on them.

Last edited:
I really like pupusas. If you don't know what they are they're basically flatbread made from corn or rice flour, and can be filled with just about anything (I prefer squash with cheese but chicharron-filled ones are good as well). They're the national dish of El Salvador, and can be found pretty much anywhere (or anywhere I've been.)

Also, Pollo Campero should be inside the U.S (or at least more widespread.) They're a fried chicken restaurant (like KFC) and it's very good. Also, Chocolatina milk.

Also I really wanna try beshbarmak. Like, I wanna know the nearest location of a restaurant in NC that makes stuff like this.

maxresdefault (4).jpg

I want to make a party cheese salad, but whenever my mum sees me putting lemon-flavoured Jello and American cheese together in the basket she immediately realises what I am doing and tells me to put it all back : (

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom