• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
I dunno. Bayday sounds better to me for some reason.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Different opinions I guess, "Bead" sounded much more natural to me, and I wasn’t even aware people pronounced it any other way...

Reaction score
To tell the truth, I have been pronouncing his name the way a Spanish-speaking person would read it.

Team Mud
Reaction score
People have probably already noticed this, but I find it neat that non-nicknamed Pokemon from other languages do not revert to an English name when they evolve, in contrast to the previous games where they did. Noticed this when my French Scorbunny did not evolve into a Raboot, but a Lapyro.

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
I just realized that so far Swordbert and Shieldbert are the weakest villains we ever had physically. The entire post game could have been solved by just beating them up.

At least you tried...
Reaction score
I just realized that so far Swordbert and Shieldbert are the weakest villains we ever had physically. The entire post game could have been solved by just beating them up.
Pretty much every protagonist has failed to use their super-powered monsters to stop the squishy normal human from just walking away. The game has a weird tendency to pretend your Pokémon don't exist in cutscenes.

It was especially dumb in XY when I just let someone hit the "end world" button instead of having Machamp tackle them to the ground and drag them to prison.

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah but these guys it didn't even matter if you had Pokemon or not. You could probs beat the crap out of them yourself.

Reaction score
It was especially dumb in XY when I just let someone hit the "end world" button instead of having Machamp tackle them to the ground and drag them to prison.
There's something known as "cutscene incompetence" that exists in videogames. Just look at the amount of games were the problems would be solved if the characters did something instead of looking at the villains do their thing. Or them getting beaten up by enemies you could defeat easily at the time.

Reaction score
Awkward Zombie has the absolute best take on this:
1585337898208.png
Of course, we can always dream up some convoluted story explanations for this- maybe Kalos Poke Balls have a mechanic that keeps trainers from sending out Pokemon outside of battle rules and Amie. (This also explains why grunts don't gang up on you- because they haven't jailbroken their Poke Balls like Team Magma- and why there's no following Pokemon)

Reaction score
Awkward Zombie has the absolute best take on this:
Of course, we can always dream up some convoluted story explanations for this- maybe Kalos Poke Balls have a mechanic that keeps trainers from sending out Pokemon outside of battle rules and Amie. (This also explains why grunts don't gang up on you- because they haven't jailbroken their Poke Balls like Team Magma- and why there's no following Pokemon)
I mean. I think sending out monsters to fight a human beings is about the equivalent of using weapons. So yeah I can see how that play out into law

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
It's just one of those things you're not meant to question.

Like, "why do NPCs look similar" or "do Pokemon poop"

Team Mud
Reaction score
How so? They don’t seem any weaker than, say, Faba, Colress, or Charon.

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
They're frikken string beans.

I also want to see what would happen if you pulled on Swordberts hair.