• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny. I used that Litwick you can catch to wall his Ninetales. Drizzile was able clean up the rest. My hardest that double battle in the dragon town due to the level jump because that is supposed to be done during your 7th challenge.

My problem with Hop is that he comments on everything during the battles. Seriously, if you crit or use a super effective move, he has to comment on it. It starting to become really obnoxious.
As I said, I restrict myself to use my main team Pokémon of the same number of the leader, so I didn’t use Litwick or Sizzlipede. But yeah, with Drizzile the fight should be easier anyway.

Before the whole national dex drama I was a little sceptical of the wild area. I wasn't convinced that open world Pokemon could work.

I was wrong.

The wild area is amazing and I got so caught up doing random stuff I lost track of time and spent a whole two hours there before finally tearing myself away and heading off to start the gym challenge.

My only issue right now is that the way you connect with people to help them with raid battles is really unintuitive and seems to fail more often then it connects.

I'm still not seeing the low graphical quality people keep talking about on the I internet. But I've said my peace about dexit for now.

About 3 hours in (though I've been playing for 6ish hours, 3 of those hours went to soft resetting for an adamant scorbunny lol)

Yeah, it's probably the most handholdy and linear game in the series. . . . but that doesn't feel like a bad thing to me? I dunno, I've been having a blast and while Galar's routes are literally straight lines, I still sort of get the sense I'm exploring and never really notice I'm being railroaded. Overall I'm already more engaged in this game than I was with X/Y and S/M at the start.

I ran into 2 gigantamaxes in one day, Butterfree and Sandaconda, and caught neither, nont even in an ultra ball. It's already insane for them to be so rare but did they really need low catch rates too?

I'm still not seeing the low graphical quality people keep talking about on the I internet. But I've said my peace about dexit for now.

I find it looks even better docked on my 4K tv than it does handheld so I don’t see the issue either.

Oh yes, people have probably already noticed, but the Pokeball plus stuff is under mystery gift. So if you're like me and want to bring your Pokemon with you that's how you do it. The sounds are a fair bit more rudimentary then they were for let's go. But they had a lot more Pokemon to program in.

About 3 hours in (though I've been playing for 6ish hours, 3 of those hours went to soft resetting for an adamant scorbunny lol)

Yeah, it's probably the most handholdy and linear game in the series. . . . but that doesn't feel like a bad thing to me? I dunno, I've been having a blast and while Galar's routes are literally straight lines, I still sort of get the sense I'm exploring and never really notice I'm being railroaded. Overall I'm already more engaged in this game than I was with X/Y and S/M at the start.
Couldn't you have just used a nature mint?

6 hours in and loving (almost) every second of it. Just beat Milo and I'm now taking a break to focus on school work. Só far the only negative points have been the camping feature and the overworld encounters. I was so hyped for Camp but I'm having less fun with it than I expected (which I know is obviously my fault). It feels very cluncky and I'm not feeling the same connection that I felt when petting and feeding my team one-on-one in Refresh. The new animations are amazing but they get drowned in everything else that's happening at the same time. As for the overworld encounters, I feel like they reduce the time that we spend in routes and dungeons. But yeah, I'm having a blast. Everything's beautiful and grand. Next time I'll try to avoid online discussions because man, is it easy to be influenced by all the negativity going around...

Speaking of overworld ecouters: I'm an hour in and I'm sick and tired of running into the same 4 pokemon!

A question for those that might be further ahead, but Is there a way to locate a den’s location?
I searched Sereebi for information on a Pokémon in Max Raids, since it’d appear on a lower level then his overworld encounter, but While I have the number of the dens, I don’t know where they’re located.

Does Raids Pokémon appear in the same area where they can be found in the overworld?

True. What happened with Team Rocket is that it was illegal harvesting of Slowpoke Tails, or at least that's how I read the situation.

Sun & Moon established that their tails fall off naturally, so yeah, most likely this, albeit maybe retroactively.

As for the other meat products, do people not know that cultured meats are a thing? Probably even moreso in the Pokémon world where technology is significantly more advanced,

Locking the day/night cycle to the Wild Area sure is a... decision

But I love the Rotom Rally. I love dumb fun minigames like that. It's certainly no Funfest Mission but it does, loosely, remind me of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom