• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing for over 12 hours straight.

I haven't gotten to the first gym yet.

I'd give this game a 8/10 I'm enjoying it very much. Even my brother who's hated the 3D games and hasn't touched a main one since black and white likes what he's seen. And he's seen a lot. because I keep dragging him in here.

GALARAN MEOWTH ISN'T A PUFFBALL GREMLIN. HE'S GOT A SWEET VIKING BEARD. I LOVE HIM.

Locking the day/night cycle to the Wild Area sure is a... decision
What a wierd way to incentivise players to explore the wild area. Anything would work better than outright the day/night cycle to one specific place.

... can I ask what meat?
Well, Tepig and Spoink's families are unavailable in the same game that sausages are introduced :unsure:

What a wierd way to incentivise players to explore the wild area. Anything would work better than outright the day/night cycle to one specific place.
Pretty sure that's not what they're doing at all.

Realistic answer? They probably didn't want to mess with the lighting and pallets of the routes and cities too much so the day/night cycle was put in one place only. The towns and routes get exactly the lighting that creates the atmosphere they want them to have.

Joke answer? They did it specifically to make people angry. That's right.

Pretty sure that's not what they're doing at all.
Realistic answer? They probably didn't want to mess with the lighting and pallets of the routes and cities too much so the day/night cycle was put in one place only. The towns and routes get exactly the lighting that creates the atmosphere they want them to have.

Locking towns and routes to day or night for aesthetics would be just as odd don't you think? :confused:

I should customize mu league card more. And more character customization.

Locking towns and routes to day or night for aesthetics would be just as odd don't you think?
shrug I've been playing JRPGs for years, I'm sure if I looked back I could find ones that did that. It doesn't really bother me at all as I'm an artsy fartsy dumpster fire and can totally understand that sort of thing.

Like a town with fall colored leaves and junk under a permanent twilight? MM yes that is some good bizz right there oh yes. A city under constant night lighting to show off the building illumination? Heck yeah.

As a night owl it's kind of nice to be able to see the daylight in the games. :p

Okay, first off, I'm a bit irritated that clothes require money which I don't have early in the game (though I have had enough to buy some things).

Second off, do we have a thread for showing off Pokemon?

The day/night cycle isn’t locked to the Wild Area, but until you complete the main story the cities are locked on a specified time because of story reasons.

In gen 7, didn't the time change in certain cutscenes? I remember in Moon, I was playing at night so it was daylight in the game. However, the time shifted to night during the first cutscene with mom.

Okay, first off, I'm a bit irritated that clothes require money which I don't have early in the game (though I have had enough to buy some things).

Second off, do we have a thread for showing off Pokemon?
Clothes have always required money tho......

Making money in the game is quite easy, plus I think they actually gave us more staring money then Ten 1-5 combined (I think?) with 30k.

Trainers also give quite a lot more money.

Making money in the game is quite easy, plus I think they actually gave us more staring money then Ten 1-5 combined (I think?) with 30k.

Trainers also give quite a lot more money.
I already used all my money on clothes (and some potions).

I don't even have to use it for Pokeballs because I'm picking up pokeballs left and right (and I got 20 at the beginning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom