• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having gotten to the scene where Opal recruits Bede, My opinion of the game is, to use the medieval weapon analogy:

A kriegsmesser made by an overworked village blacksmith in his desperate attempt to arm the county's militia, given a once over on the slack-stone for an edge and otherwise unsharpened, with a hilt and pommel made from the wrought iron of a hundred broken nails, pins made of leftover strips of iron meant for the mine, and wood scales from the dead log that used to block the only road in: It's not the prettiest thing to look at nor the most refined or technologically advanced, but it does its job not just barely, not functionally, but admirably.

I have discovered that I may grind money by getting Watts and paying fisherwomen for vendor trash.

I am happy at this thought and shall do that so as to have lot's of money to buy clothes.
I am not sure if you are aware of this, but a really good way to grind for money is to grind for watts and then find the Watt Trader that is selling Luxury Balls for Watts. They only sell for 100 Watts per ball, and then you can sell those Luxury Balls for money at the Mart stand. It's a really good way to grind for money.

Has anyone else been having online issues with these games? Ever since their first maintenance, I rarely ever get any online stamps now. I was hoping the second maintenance would have fixed the issue, but it is just as bad.

it’s a shame, because it used to work great the first few days, but now it never seems to update, leaving me with almost no stamps to join in raid battles, and also makes it difficult sending out invites to raid battles.

However, I fully agree that his Champion battle needs serious improvements; I won largely because Raihan wasted nearly all his turns changing the weather from sun, to rain, to a sandstorm, and back again. And this guy defeated Piers? I guess Game Freak only really had him in mind for Double Battles and had difficulty transitioning his preferences into a Single Battle mentality (that or didn't bother to fine-tune it); that was a disappointing and definitely something that should have been overhauled. This is where I could see your Hidden Ability fossil coming into play to benefit from the sand (with their signature rend move for insane damage to boot).
Would be nice if they could allude to this being the reason Raihan couldn't win against Leon because all official league battles (apart from his gym rules which he sets) are single battles, and he's just not as good in that format.

I had to boot up my copy of Omega Ruby yesterday because reasons, and my god, the sheer regression in terms of UI quality made me wince right away:

> Deposit Pokémon
> Withdraw Pokémon
> Organize Boxes

:sick:

And I can't believe I was ever against the idea of a free access PC.

I had to boot up my copy of Omega Ruby yesterday because reasons, and my god, the sheer regression in terms of UI quality made me wince right away:

> Deposit Pokémon
> Withdraw Pokémon
> Organize Boxes

:sick:

And I can't believe I was ever against the idea of a free access PC.
I agree.

I still think ORAS is one of the best Pokemon games in existence. Don't fight me. I am a weak noodle and you'd probably kill me and get arrested on charges of murder.

I agree.

I still think ORAS is one of the best Pokemon games in existence. Don't fight me. I am a weak noodle and you'd probably kill me and get arrested on charges of murder.
ORAS by no means has a bad UI. It's just that SwSh has a very good UI. Like, it's one of the few things about the game I consider to actually be really good

As of these games, there are now only 18 type combinations that have yet to be used:

Normal/Poison
Normal/Ice
Normal/Bug
Normal/Rock
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Steel (this one did appear on a Pokéstar Studios character in B2W2)

Poison/Ice
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Steel

Fighting/Fairy
Fighting/Electric
Fighting/Ground

Fairy/Fire
Fairy/Ground

Bug/Dark (please GF)
Bug/Dragon (pretty please GF)

Rock/Ghost (I don't often say this but yeah, Galarian Corsola should have been this)

Fire/Grass (I still can't believe they haven't found room for a pepper Pokémon)

Pretty much my only issue with the UI is probably not an UI issue at all, but I wish SwSh implemented the Switch's touchscreen. For example, having to manually move Pokemon around a box with the joysticks feels clunky--I often overshoot--while just tapping where you want the Pokemon to be placed is far smoother. Other than that and the gen 1 soundeffects, I like it; it's really sleek and nice looking.

Also, I think the Pokedex is a direct downgrade from previous gens.
  1. There's no search function so I have to manually hunt for a Pokemon I want to look at.
  2. Idle animations can no longer be viewed, instead, it's only the attacking animations.
  3. You cannot zoom in and out.
  4. You can only rotate a Pokemon horizontally. I cannot look at the top of a Pokemon, for example.
  5. You use the same button to view animations and hear the Pokemon's cry.

That's how I've felt with pretty much all of my Pokemon since Sun/Moon. Like in Sun I was so looking forward to Alolan Marowak and Alolan Ninetales but they kept on getting knocked out like nothing, even though they were higher leveled than everything else. Sword/Shield has some of the same problems.

It gets really frustrating trying to go catch Pokemon when my Pokemon keep on getting knocked out by the wild Pokemon in just a couple of turns.
Dude, get an Orbeetle.

It gets really frustrating trying to go catch Pokemon when my Pokemon keep on getting knocked out by the wild Pokemon in just a couple of turns.
Dude, get an Orbeetle.
Agreed. I have an Orbeetle that's holding Leftovers, and it's really tanky as a result. Access to dual screens is nice and it can learn Hypnosis too if you need to status opposing Pokemon.

There's also Sandaconda. Glare plus Coil gives it a surprising amount of longevity.

I just looked it up and it can't even learn False Swipe. I need a Pokemon that can learn False Swipe that is also very sturdy.
Escavalier, Kommo-o, Rillaboom, Doublade, Aegislash, Barbaracle, Zacian, and Drednaw are all decently bulky and can learn False Swipe.

Eviolite Doublade?

Though I don't know where in the game you are

I beat the game. Is there any reason that Doublade shouldn't be evolved?

Escavalier, Kommo-o, Rillaboom, Doublade, Aegislash, Barbaracle, Zacian, and Drednaw are all decently bulky and can learn False Swipe.

Ah yes, Zacian, my favorite legendary that I will never get also is really useful with False Swipe. Figures.

Thanks, though. I've been using Bisharp, since I figured it would be sturdy. Sometimes it is, but other times it gets knocked out fairly quickly.

The online side of the games is so bad I can just not believe they've really released the games in this condition.
The wild area keeps lagging every two steps.
The interaction with other players is litterally 0.
Trades are a mess. There's no way you can talk to the person you want to trade with. So you have to keep trying until you finally find someone that magically understands what pokemon you want.
Max raid battles are a mess. You just have like 6-7 requests and you have to wait ages for them to update. When you finally find the one you want, It's always full of people or It gives you some kind of error.
When you are lucky enough to find a gigamax pokemon in max raid battles and you are lucky enough to enter among the 4 spots, then you will just fail to catch it cause the catch rate for gigamax that you didn't find personally is 1%. So frustrating.
This is by far the worst online service a pokemon game has ever had. I just accepted that I will never catch shield gigamax without trading them and I already stopped going online cause I cannot stand It anymore.
0/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom