• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, while I'm definitely having fun with making curry, what's up with some of the ingredients???

Like, Fruit Bunch, Moomoo Cheese, Boiled Egg, and Smoke-Poke Tail clearly come from Tropius, Miltank, Chansey, and Slowpoke, yet none of these Pokemon are available... Where are they hiding them? is there a secret ingredient harvesting farm somewhere in Galar??!! Are they importing these food items? I need answers. THe public deserves to know where their food comes from!!!

So essentially at the Galar borders, the officials are all like:

FY047Ln.jpg

Seriously, though that's pretty messed up. "We'll take food products from these Pokemon, but these Pokemon are absolutely not allowed beyond the border otherwise".

It's not that they're not allowed, it's that they're not programmed in cause Gamefreak's lazy. I'm sure in story they're totally allowed but you don't see them because of game freak's asinine actions.

It's not that they're not allowed, it's that they're not programmed in cause Gamefreak's lazy. I'm sure in story they're totally allowed but you don't see them because of game freak's asinine actions.
I mean, their in-game excuse, as far as a reason is given, is that 'the region is too cold', so honestly, the closest possible explanation sounds like they're not allowed over the border

plus it makes for a good joke

So... Gigantamix totally has to be some kind of Eternatus-irradiated salt mineral, yeah?

I mean, their in-game excuse, as far as a reason is given, is that 'the region is too cold', so honestly, the closest possible explanation sounds like they're not allowed over the border

plus it makes for a good joke
To my knowledge, that wasn't an in-game reason, that was a facetious way for the developers to explain it in an interview.

Actually, that's an interesting question... Does the issue come up at all in in-game dialogue? Does anybody mention non-native Pokemon at all? Or anything in regards to Pokemon not being there?

To my knowledge, that wasn't an in-game reason, that was a facetious way for the developers to explain it in an interview.

Actually, that's an interesting question... Does the issue come up at all in in-game dialogue? Does anybody mention non-native Pokemon at all? Or anything in regards to Pokemon not being there?
In the main-game it doesn't... I dunno about the post-game...

But that's also why I said 'their in-game excuse'. We all know they just didn't do the work of creating the models, but on a fictional level, Galar is supposedly too cold

It's more of a WoG thing...

It's still BS but...

No mention of it at all. In fact, foreign Pokémon are occasionally used in design motifs throughout the game. The Fletchling weather vane, the Unown flooring and rugs at the hotel in Circhester, etc.

The Smoke-Poke Tail is also a pretty direct reference to a non-Galar Dex Pokémon. But none of this is treated any differently than it would have been in older games, other than them not mentioning the missing Pokémon by name.

But that's also why I said 'their in-game excuse'. We all know they just didn't do the work of creating the models, but on a fictional level, Galar is supposedly too cold

Strictly speaking, I don’t think they even said that Galar specifically was “too cold” - just that a hypothetical region might be and that’s the kind of rationalization they’re slapping on it. But of course it’s a tissue-thin and arbitrary rationalization that you’re really not supposed to think about too hard.

I think that for once I'll take God's word with a grain of salt.
I think it was more a joke-ish answer than a serious one and people blew it out of proportion, kinda like "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus" comment that John Lennon said.

At least, I hope how I'm interpreting it is correct.

kinda like "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus" comment that John Lennon said.
They aren't???!!

I guess I have some reflection to do...

No mention of it at all. In fact, foreign Pokémon are occasionally used in design motifs throughout the game. The Fletchling weather vane, the Unown flooring and rugs at the hotel in Circhester, etc.

The Smoke-Poke Tail is also a pretty direct reference to a non-Galar Dex Pokémon. But none of this is treated any differently than it would have been in older games, other than them not mentioning the missing Pokémon by name.

Strictly speaking, I don’t think they even said that Galar specifically was “too cold” - just that a hypothetical region might be and that’s the kind of rationalization they’re slapping on it. But of course it’s a tissue-thin and arbitrary rationalization that you’re really not supposed to think about too hard.
There used to be more Pokemon... But we don't talk about those -knowing look-

Yea, I don't remember if it was in reference to Galar specifically or new regions in relation to HOME in general, but I don't consider it a serieus comment...

And I dunno if I said this before, but I didn't miss the missing Pokemon during the main campaign. I mean, it's always been this way. During the main game you usually don't have access to anything outside the regional dex, so their data existing won't make a difference. But the lack becomes more pronounced in the post-game...

Eternamax Eternatus looks like a giant hand. He must have snapped the Pokemon away.

Eternamax Eternatus looks like a giant hand. He must have snapped the Pokemon away.
Reminded me more of this:

GameFreak must’ve put all Pokemon plushies in the machine, let Masuda have a go at the game decided the roster from the plushies he managed to win.

Eternatus is a symbolism of the machine and manifests as Masuda’s PTSD on being forced to play (and lose) all day, every day.
The Giant Claw of Death.

I mean, he's still better at it than me.
Who knows how many attempts he was forced to go through?

Who knows if Masuda spent every second in the development of SwSh strapped to a chair in the front of the machine? Thirsty and starving? Just pulling Pokemon out and lamenting every time he missed Psyduck- his favourite?

The greatest tragedy- he failed to save Psyduck, his beloved. All his effort spent in vain.

“Wherefore art thou, Psyduck?”
The lament of a man, every time the rigged unlucky claw of death snatched away his beloved from him, into the dark machine abyss.

Eternatus- the story of hax and tragedy.

45 hours in, 230 Pokemon caught and the Dragon type gym is next.

I’ve looked at what Pokémon Raihan uses and I the only one disappointed with his team? There’s a lot of Dragon types available in this game but he only uses the two!

45 hours in, 230 Pokemon caught and the Dragon type gym is next.

I’ve looked at what Pokémon Raihan uses and I the only one disappointed with his team? There’s a lot of Dragon types available in this game but he only uses the two!

To my knowledge, Flygon and Duraludon are the only dragons in Galar that fit within his sandstorm team. Still, I wish he had a team of six Pokémon. In fact, the fact that Leon was the only Trainer in the main story to have a full team is kind of disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom