• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have probably already noticed this, but I find it neat that non-nicknamed Pokemon from other languages do not revert to an English name when they evolve, in contrast to the previous games where they did. Noticed this when my French Scorbunny did not evolve into a Raboot, but a Lapyro.

I just realized that so far Swordbert and Shieldbert are the weakest villains we ever had physically. The entire post game could have been solved by just beating them up.

I just realized that so far Swordbert and Shieldbert are the weakest villains we ever had physically. The entire post game could have been solved by just beating them up.
Pretty much every protagonist has failed to use their super-powered monsters to stop the squishy normal human from just walking away. The game has a weird tendency to pretend your Pokémon don't exist in cutscenes.

It was especially dumb in XY when I just let someone hit the "end world" button instead of having Machamp tackle them to the ground and drag them to prison.

Yeah but these guys it didn't even matter if you had Pokemon or not. You could probs beat the crap out of them yourself.

It was especially dumb in XY when I just let someone hit the "end world" button instead of having Machamp tackle them to the ground and drag them to prison.
There's something known as "cutscene incompetence" that exists in videogames. Just look at the amount of games were the problems would be solved if the characters did something instead of looking at the villains do their thing. Or them getting beaten up by enemies you could defeat easily at the time.

Awkward Zombie has the absolute best take on this:
1585337898208.png
Of course, we can always dream up some convoluted story explanations for this- maybe Kalos Poke Balls have a mechanic that keeps trainers from sending out Pokemon outside of battle rules and Amie. (This also explains why grunts don't gang up on you- because they haven't jailbroken their Poke Balls like Team Magma- and why there's no following Pokemon)

Awkward Zombie has the absolute best take on this:
Of course, we can always dream up some convoluted story explanations for this- maybe Kalos Poke Balls have a mechanic that keeps trainers from sending out Pokemon outside of battle rules and Amie. (This also explains why grunts don't gang up on you- because they haven't jailbroken their Poke Balls like Team Magma- and why there's no following Pokemon)
I mean. I think sending out monsters to fight a human beings is about the equivalent of using weapons. So yeah I can see how that play out into law

How so? They don’t seem any weaker than, say, Faba, Colress, or Charon.

They're frikken string beans.

I also want to see what would happen if you pulled on Swordberts hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom