• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been grinding raids for the past, like, month or so attempting to get shiny Gmax forms from the previous event and I’ve kinda grown tired of seeing the same Pokémon in raids over and over. Noctowl, Crustle, Hitmonchan, Cloyster etc. are all super common and it’s getting annoying fighting them for the 9000th time. To break up the raid monotony, what if the additional Pokémon released in the DLCs were made available in the base game as raid exclusives? Not only would that allow players without the DLC an easy way to obtain those Pokémon, it would also make the pool of raid bosses more diverse.

Wait a minute...Isn’t that already a thing? Like, I’m pretty sure that was advertised so that people wouldn’t be all like “they’re locking the Pokémon behind this DLC!” You saying that was a lie to?

Wait a minute...Isn’t that already a thing? Like, I’m pretty sure that was advertised so that people wouldn’t be all like “they’re locking the Pokémon behind this DLC!” You saying that was a lie to?
I don't recall GameFreak saying that we could obtain the missing Pokémon in regular raids, but I could be wrong.

They never said that all players would be able to obtain the re-added Pokémon through raids. The direct only mentions Link Trading and transferring through HOME as methods of obtaining them without purchasing the DLC.

Even Serebii is saying that base SwSh players can get these Pokémon via Max Raids, but you guys really haven’t seen anything of the sort? No Lycanroc Raids? No Sharpedo Raids? No nothing?

Even Serebii is saying that base SwSh players can get these Pokémon via Max Raids, but you guys really haven’t seen anything of the sort? No Lycanroc Raids? No Sharpedo Raids? No nothing?
Nope. I haven’t encountered any raid with a Pokémon that wasn’t originally in SwSh, and I’ve done a lot of raids.

Maybe what Serebii means is that base SwSh players can also join in on raid battles (that take place on the Isle) with the added-in Pokémon.

Last edited:
Nope. I haven’t encountered any raid with a Pokémon that wasn’t originally in SwSh, and I’ve done a lot of raids.

Maybe what Serebii means is that base SwSh players can also join in on raid battles (that take place on the Isle) with the added-in Pokémon.

That’s what I’m say — OH, you mean that you want Raid DENS in the base Wild Area to have the DLC ‘mons? Excellent idea! I wonder why GF didn’t do it.

Actually, I have a hypothesis; I just hope I’m wrong.

Why in the last gen there was a character who was worried about a family member in trouble? Yet in the Eternatus fight, Hop does not worry for Leon. The kid is my favourite rival.
Later on, Hop should see Leon when he is recovering. Can there be hospitals in the games?
They have a great relationship, so there should be more emotion in that part.

You can't worry about your brother if your dead so you gotta save the world first.

this thread has been inactive for quite a while, but i'm going to go ahead and lock this, anyway. the main chat thread for the swsh games has moved to the expansion pass thread, and with the spoiler embargo for isle of armor only being lifted tomorrow, it doesn't really make sense to have two different megathreads discussing the same games.

as always, feel free to discuss different aspects of the games in separate threads, provided there isn't an existing thread for that topic, already. o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom