• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The Garden Grotto General Chat

Reaction score
How is this thread different from random messages? :unsure:

The Dragonets are Coming
Reaction score
Hi New Here, I'm BackSet. (I'm not sorry).

if on the day i die i turn and look at my life..
Reaction score
hey new here, i'm chibighost! you can just call me chibi

The snake witch of DWMA
Reaction score
A big welcome to our new members! :) Just to say that in view of the current Covid pandemic, I am on temporary leave from work (I work in a children's nursery, which has had to close down in view of school/nursery closures) meaning I will be more active on the forums. In view of this if anyone has any forum related questions, do feel free to send me a message.

Togepi
Reaction score
Quick newbie question from a newbie: what is BMGf's policy on necroposting? I couldn't find any information on this in the rules. Over at Zelda Universe, we have a rule against posting in threads that haven't been active in at least 6 months (except in certain boards or sticky threads); instead, we encourage people to start new threads on the same topic.

I'm curious as to what the rule is, if any, around these parts. If there isn't one, is there a general preference toward or against starting new threads about existing topics?

Also, hi!

All cards on the field are destroyed!
Reaction score
Necroposting is allowed, usually Bulba doesn't like duplicate threads I think.

hi
Reaction score
Quick newbie question from a newbie: what is BMGf's policy on necroposting? I couldn't find any information on this in the rules. Over at Zelda Universe, we have a rule against posting in threads that haven't been active in at least 6 months (except in certain boards or sticky threads); instead, we encourage people to start new threads on the same topic.

I'm curious as to what the rule is, if any, around these parts. If there isn't one, is there a general preference toward or against starting new threads about existing topics?

Also, hi!
hi :wave:

Just to confirm the above, the site doesn't have a policy on bumping old threads, nope. You're free to post in older topics and revive them as long as the post is relevant to the discussion, of course.

And when it comes to duplicate posts, we really only prefer not to have them when a recent enough discussion on something already exists. So if you wanted to make a thread on people's favorite starter Pokémon and the most recent topic on it had a post from two weeks ago, it'd be preferable to bump that one. Making a new thread at that point would probably mean it would get merged. But if the most recent one had a last post from three months ago, that's a long while back and it'd be okay to make a new one. We can't expect people to search through months and months of content to make sure the topic they want to make doesn't already exist, and I'd say no activity in 1-2 months is a good indicator of when a thread can be remade.