• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

The Garden Grotto General Chat

atomic step
Reaction score
The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/They
Probably from Bulbasaur, Pokémon #1 in the Pokédex, and garden, since Bulbasaur is a Grass type. I don't know who first came up with the name or what the thought process was, but it's probably something to do with Bulbasaur's title as Pokémon #1 (I know there are other contenders for "the first Pokémon" but let's not get into that discourse).

Harbinger of Disaster
Reaction score
Wishing the weather was a little better, but otherwise upbeat - as of Monday, 99% of lockdown measures will be over in the UK, and I'm going to stuff my face in some restaurants.
That's good news (well, except the weather) - I hope ending lockdown goes well there. Sounds like a pretty good plan you have; I miss eating in restaurants.

Harbinger of Disaster
Reaction score
Hi! I'm doing okay. Been spending today gaming (kinda the usual when I'm not busy lol) and about to prep lunch. How about you? \o/
What game(s) have you been playing? I'm doing okay as well, been coughing a lot lately for some reason though, probably allergies or asthma or a combination of the two since otherwise I've been feeling fine and I haven't had a fever or anything.

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What game(s) have you been playing? I'm doing okay as well, been coughing a lot lately for some reason though, probably allergies or asthma or a combination of the two since otherwise I've been feeling fine and I haven't had a fever or anything.
New Snap and FFXIV mainly... enjoying both! Not sure if you have a Switch or anything (or played the original) but it's been a lot of fun!!

and aaaa hope that improves quickly D: I have some persistent allergies that make my ears pop constantly and it's always such a bother. Wishing you less asthma/allergies annoyance sooner rather than later.

Harbinger of Disaster
Reaction score
New Snap and FFXIV mainly... enjoying both! Not sure if you have a Switch or anything (or played the original) but it's been a lot of fun!!

and aaaa hope that improves quickly D: I have some persistent allergies that make my ears pop constantly and it's always such a bother. Wishing you less asthma/allergies annoyance sooner rather than later.
I do have a Switch though I haven't gotten around to buying the New Snap game yet; I'm plannning on probably doing so. I haven't played any FF games but everyone I've talked to who has says they're good, so I might try them at some point. Glad you've been having fun with your games!

Yeah, hopefully my allergies/asthma take a break soon, it sucks. Having your ears pop constantly does sound really annoying too; hope that's not something you have to deal with too often. Thanks for the well wishes.