• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Gen. 6 Cloning Glitch: Anyone Else Having Any Troubles?

BlackButterfree

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer
Reaction score
A few of my friends and I have noticed over the past week or so that the cloning glitch is... well, glitching. This is how it works:

You take two 3DS/2DS systems, each with a copy of X and/or Y. You start a trade (a "garbage" Pokémon for the one you want to clone) and whoever gets the garbage Pokémon shuts off their system 3-6 seconds in (after the screen goes black once it says "Take good care of <Pokémon>" or "Welcome back, <Pokémon>"). And voila! You both have the cloned Pokémon.

But lately, we've been trying to clone legendaries (me by myself with my two systems, them with each other's systems) and it doesn't work, despite cloning most of the legendaries already. Even regular Pokémon (which take shorter times than legendaries) don't seem to be clone-able anymore. At 6 seconds or less, the trade doesn't go through. At 7 seconds or more, the trade goes through. In between 6 and 7 seconds will usually give us varied results, but never a cloning. I personally have been trying for three days straight and no progress.

Does anyone else seem to have this trouble? Has Nintendo fixed the glitch? Or is the Pokémon we're trying to clone (Kyurem for me, Landorus and Thundurus for them) not clone-able, period? (I should also mention that I cloned a Landorus without any trouble a few weeks ago.)

It's a glitch. There's not always much consistency, and I've heard that held items and the Pokemon being cloned itself can have effects on whether it works or not. They obviously haven't patched it yet, so you might just be really low on luck. I'm having a lot of trouble with it myself... yet my brother makes it work on like the 6th or 7th try...

I tried this some month ago and it never worked for me, my other DS i bought so i could do this is slower after doing this. If you're going to clone, you can pretty much buy the power save stuff do do it. ( i know its a cheating device, but clone as a clone )

I tried this glitch and accidentally deleted my shiny aegislash rather than clone it because I wasn't paying attention to which 3ds I needed to turn off :(

I tried this glitch and accidentally deleted my shiny aegislash rather than clone it because I wasn't paying attention to which 3ds I needed to turn off :(

I feel your pain. Shinyslash is an epic color.

A few of my friends and I have noticed over the past week or so that the cloning glitch is... well, glitching. This is how it works:

You take two 3DS/2DS systems, each with a copy of X and/or Y. You start a trade (a "garbage" Pokémon for the one you want to clone) and whoever gets the garbage Pokémon shuts off their system 3-6 seconds in (after the screen goes black once it says "Take good care of <Pokémon>" or "Welcome back, <Pokémon>"). And voila! You both have the cloned Pokémon.

But lately, we've been trying to clone legendaries (me by myself with my two systems, them with each other's systems) and it doesn't work, despite cloning most of the legendaries already. Even regular Pokémon (which take shorter times than legendaries) don't seem to be clone-able anymore. At 6 seconds or less, the trade doesn't go through. At 7 seconds or more, the trade goes through. In between 6 and 7 seconds will usually give us varied results, but never a cloning. I personally have been trying for three days straight and no progress.

Does anyone else seem to have this trouble? Has Nintendo fixed the glitch? Or is the Pokémon we're trying to clone (Kyurem for me, Landorus and Thundurus for them) not clone-able, period? (I should also mention that I cloned a Landorus without any trouble a few weeks ago.)

I know your problem. It's not the legendary status that's the issue. (I've cloned legends first try MANY times) you have to do it at 5 seconds after the screen goes black. most people need a stopwatch (I don't) and it mostly takes anywhere from 1-10 tries. I know this method works, (I had my own cloning business for a while) and you seem to have the basics down (Junk trader initiates trade, which DS to turn off, ect.) so using this timing you should get good results. and remember: NO pokemon is un-clonable. period.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom