• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Anime Discussion Thread

Should I Watch the Movies, Specials, Shorts, and Pokémon Chronicles in this Marathon?

• Yes

Votes: 188 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 23 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'}

I would comment on these more, but every time I read an old episode review, I get reminded of how little I remember from the episode so I feel kinda left in the dark XD I do remember these two episodes since I watched them recently though :p

Ask Red...I think that this moment is obviously foreshadowing Ash will win the league, become champion, give up his title and become a hermit on a cold, desolate mountain. Yupyup.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY...ugh, and the fact that Misty had a crush on him just added to the squick...Jeez Misty, what's with you and your taste in men? XD

NOOOOOO Don't say that! D:< It's...It's DIFFERENT...His eyes are like that 24-7 now...it's not special anymore! *goes in emo corner*

._.

no comment...

----

Woah, woah, woah, hold up now. Not all fanservice is sexual....NOT AT ALL. Fanservice is like candy...it's usually unnecessary, and is just there to sweeten the moment for the fans. Like seeing Ash's past pokemon at the league...like re-introducing a character that hasn't been on the show in a long time.

Seeing Ash in a maid outfit may not be "sexy," (though, your mileage may vary *cough*) but it's still pretty darn hilarious and unexpected.

What do you mean my mileague may vary?

What do you mean my mileague may vary?

...Some people find Ash in a maid outfit...sexy...?

*shot*

What counts as fanservice varies from person to person. Some may have found that maid cafe episode to be fan disservice.

...Some people find Ash in a maid outfit...sexy...?

*shot*
Sick. Just plain disgustin'.

So that was a shot at me? Since u put *Shot* up their?

Charizard's Burning Ambitions!
I caught this ep today on Boomerang. It was nice to see that snobby Charizard cut down to size. Seriously, how did Ash's/Satoshi's cute, innocent, nice, sweet, cool, reliable, strong, n loyal Charmander evovle n to that? The Charicific Valley was cool those big, powerful Charizard's takin' down Ash's/Satoshi's so easy I was like dang. But, overall this ep wasn't that awesome. At least now that Charizard's gone Satoshi/Ash can get some new pokes. I wonder when their gonna make it to the Ecruteak City Gym. I have no idea who this leader is but I wonder if he or she is powerful, I hope it's a grand fight for watin' for. I hope Chikorita can redeem itself at this gym for it's loss to Hoothoot at Faulkner's gym.

James:It looked bigger on the Internet. I could tell it was a line change.

Last edited:

Sick. Just plain disgustin'.

So you think it's abhorrent, while others think it's cool.

Sounds like "Your Mileage May Vary" is living up to its meaning.

So that was a shot at me? Since u put *Shot* up their?

It's a jab at her(?(._.))self for thinking along that line, knowing full well of what reaction is likely going to happen. People use it a lot, either for a jab, or for wit, or a pun, or whatever.

That DP Miltank cafe ep was fun. One of the few Brock-centric eps of DP as well.

Mostly I'm just amazed they barely toned down the maid's outfits, it was a parallel of other anime out there.

So you think it's abhorrent, while others think it's cool.

Sounds like "Your Mileage May Vary" is living up to its meaning.

It's a jab at her(?(._.))self for thinking along that line, knowing full well of what reaction is likely going to happen. People use it a lot, either for a jab, or for wit, or a pun, or whatever.

Uh..heh heh, yeah, this! Thanks ^^

But for the record, I just thought it was cute and funny...yeah, that's it >_>
*reminded by the surge of fanart that came after the episode aired.*

Mostly I'm just amazed they barely toned down the maid's outfits, it was a parallel of other anime out there.

Maid cafe was nothing, I'm surprised they kept naked Jessie in the hot springs episode! :O

Even though it was a Brock-centric episode, I kinda feel sorry that he's overshadowed by the lesser details...like the outfits, and the fanboys, and Dawn crying :p

He really was great in that episode though; It's always funny when a girl falls for BROCK instead of the other way around XD

Maid cafe was nothing, I'm surprised they kept naked Jessie in the hot springs episode! :O

Too bad that actual ep was dull. That was that Swinub filler with Dawn's friend Leona. Blah episode, but yeah that scene was surprising, even moreso that the dub didn't edit it either.

Even though it was a Brock-centric episode, I kinda feel sorry that he's overshadowed by the lesser details...like the outfits, and the fanboys, and Dawn crying :p

That's the thing about Brock eps, even when Brock FINALLY gets an episode to himself, he's still overshadowed by some of the things that happen to Ash or Dawn in said episode. :p

Too bad that actual ep was dull. That was that Swinub filler with Dawn's friend Leona. Blah episode, but yeah that scene was surprising, even moreso that the dub didn't edit it either.

Wow, it was so blah that I forgot that something important actually happened in that episode! Sucks when capture episodes are lame like that...Though, I thought the flashbacks of little Dawn were adorable...Even if they were violent children :p

That's the thing about Brock eps, even when Brock FINALLY gets an episode to himself, he's still overshadowed by some of the things that happen to Ash or Dawn in said episode. :p

That bothers me because I actually like most, if not all, of the Brock-centric episodes. I feel like the writers just don't believe in him so they just stuff him into the back. In actuality, I think he has a quirky personality, great back story and a crazy family.

I guess it really hurts a character if they don't have a tangible goal or relevance to the plot in the long run...

My favorite filler in DP, besides the evil Togepi ep, was that Spiritomb filler.

It didn't focus on anyone but Ash and his Aura abilities from Movie 8 again, and I'm pretty sure it was Spiritomb's only appearance in DP.

They actually treated it as an evil Pokemon and sealed it back up in that stone it came out of. The early seasons would never do something like that and would have had the Pokemon be misunderstood or something, but no, Ash actually sealed up a Pokemon into a stone instead of making friends with it.

I love stuff like that, such as when Ash stomped J's Drapion in the face with his foot.

Kanto Ash would NEVER physically harm Pokemon like that.

Well looks like I'm back to review.=)
Though I've decided to just review the episode I watched today. Can't be bothered on the ealier ones at the moment but I did enjoy them aswell.

This morning I watched "leading a stray".
Personally while the concept was simple with the idea of getting wailmer home, I enjoyed it alot.
The rattata using electric attacks was interesting and the ideas to try and get wailmer out was interesting aswell. Though I really liked that swampert. I know it only wanted to fight but it was cool seeing it there.XP
I'm a bit of a fan of swamperts so that might be why.lol
Piplup leading brock and dawn around was strangely amusing.=P

"Grin to Win"

I caught this ep today on Boomerang. I thought the idea of a bunch of people n town trainin' their sunflora 4 a competition was fun. Nothin' felt rushed. The filler girl, Sunresa stud out to me from her different one then the generic ones. Chikorita battlin' was a plus for me. Instant Noodles bein' the prize was fun nice to see some real food n Pokemon, also. Chikorita's kiss for Ash/Satoshi n jealousy over Pika was cute.

The song, I think it was called"We go up hill we go down hill" n Pokearokemon was a touchin' song I wish we had a musical segment n some of today's pokemon episodes.

I could tell these lines of dialougue weren't the same.

Judge:Sunresa's Sunflora has such a sensational smile!

Brock:Not to make accusations but I think that things on steroids!

I CANNOT BELIEVE 4KIDS ADDED THAT LINE.

Brock:Gimme your email.

I had no idea emails existed n the Pokemon world, 4kids.

I had no idea emails existed n the Pokemon world, 4kids.

PokeGears, online messaging, Poketches, PokeNavs, Professor Oak receiving an email from Professor Hale in the 3rd movie.

I don't think it'd be too hard to think that world would have emails.

OI fillers are almost more painful than Kanto fillers.
Almost.

A shipful of Shivers
Unbarcollenodeescalofrios-1.png

-"BblabalblaTRALWAYS ONLY WANTS TO STEAL PIKACHUBlablablablabs"
-Omg Meowth saying "And I cant reach ): ".so.cute. D:
-Yay..an episode about a Ghastly and a Haunter being isunderstood pokemon...how fresh and interesting.
-Ghastly vs Breedill...what an excitingthrillin battle....

So basically Ghastly and Haunter want to keep the trophy for
themselves for the sake of ..."loyalty"?what?shouldn't it be a treasure for all humankind?
...2/10.Selfish ghosts.TR was funny....

Meowth Rules!
Meowtheseljefe.png

-I love the rocket team.
-Is funny they use those clown-like noses,because you know...Meowths don't actually have noses...
-James is attracted to the island girls...Yup,he is totally a gay cross dresser.
-Twerps being thrown off a cliff is so funny.So funny and well deserved.
-They...they wasted all their money...just to save meowth...even if he betrayed them...*cries*is so...such an endearing tale of friendship...*cries more*

Episodes about the rockets are always top-quality.10/10

Tracey gets bugged!
Scyther.png

-If Misy is always scared of bug type pokemon,why is it that she isn't bugged(1) by vennonath?
-I love Scyther´s battle cries so much."SCYTHEEEEEER. SYTHEEEEEER!!"
-Scyther is staring at Tracey...he is going chop Tracey to bits and cut that b 1900 degrees.
-Leaders?pack fights?Couldn't they choose a better pokemon for this?How many bugs do actually live in social groups?
-Jessie mocking the Scythers as revenge is amusing.
-Did you ever realize that Victribell screams like a little girl?
-Scyther getto daze.

(1)Oh,I'm so cleaver.

Scyther(s) are a really cool species of pokemon.Seeing an Old pokémon was interesting.TR was funny.Tracey was cool.Ash was funny.Misty got along with the threes and rocks perfectly as usual.
All around, a good capture episode.8/10.Standard stuff.

Last edited:

A shipful of Shivers

I actually remember really liking that episode, EXCEPT for Togepi. I was so tired of the Togepi runs off and befriends wild dangerous pokémon and never once gets in trouble because of it plot that was rehashed sooooo many times during all of the Original Series.

-If Misy is always scared of bug type pokemon,why is it that she isn't bugged(1) by vennonath?

That is so speciesist of her... Intolerance, this is where it leads you kids.

Misty got along with the threes and rocks perfectly as usual.

Worst part is, she did as much in that episode as she does in some of the episodes that "focus" on her according to Bulbapedia... >____>

PokeGears, online messaging, Poketches, PokeNavs, Professor Oak receiving an email from Professor Hale in the 3rd movie.

I don't think it'd be too hard to think that world would have emails.

I think of Poketches, Gears, n Navs as more of Cell Phones. I thought that message was more of a video talk thingy.

Either way 4kids rewrote that line.

Does it matter? Is it hard to think that a society that can convert Monsters into Data and send them across computers can't have invented email?

Meowth Rules was a perfect episode if there ever was one. TR focus episodes are generally really good and this ones rules the roost when it comes to the awesome TR focus eps.

Tracey gets bugged was a great episode too.

Too bad Scyther only appears like 2 more times before Tracey leaves.

Chikorita's Big Upset!
Came this on Boomerang. Chikorita I like it it's a cool female pokemon n I like it's way of usin' Razor Leaf n it actually has a personality. She acts nasty toward Pikachu outta jealousy somethin' I've done b4 n still do sometimes. The way it "refused" to be replaced by Pikachu made me love it n it's personality. It was pretty worn out n looked like it was bout' to faint but refused to lose. Chikorita obviously thinks Ash/Satoshi cares n loves Pikachu more then itself n that resants through jealousy. That Chikorita's defiantly is somethin' beatin' those fightin' types like they were Magikarp. She's so small n their so huge. I wonder why not just have Heracross fly up the antenna n destroy it Ash/Satoshi rather jump off buildin' to get it to it. Meowth/Nyasu is a asshole nothin' like abandoin' your friends n lettin' them die. 4kids insert song "Together forever" doesn't belong n the dub I've noticed so far n to these eps 4kids likes to throw in their insert music n the endin' of each ep.

Foul Weather Friends
Caught this on Boomerang today. A woman who trains nothin' but Hoppip just like the whole town that trained nothin' but Sunflora in,"Grin to Win!" A Oddish that wanted nothin' but to fly like it's Hoppip friends, so sad. Arbok is such a weakling surcumin' to Chikorita's Satoshi/Ash's newly caught Chikorita's tackle n Razor Leaf. This ep was a fun one a natural disaster like a huge Tornado comin' by simply strange wouldn't it have been smarter to move or put the Hoppip n their balls then try to hudle them together? Instead of usin' Chikorita's or Bulbasaur's vine whips to get the Hoppip Satoshi-Tachi/Ash n co. would rather risk hurtin' themselves. That Oddish is strong it's basically doin' Karate with Sleep Powder n Stun Spore as helpers.It knows the most powerful grass attack Solar Beam, I'm glad Oddish even if it is a filler pokemon showed that Oddish aint a weak Pokemon. It basically was throwin' Karate Kicks n took on both of TR's Pokes alone. Oddish proved if you work hard to develop the talents you do have you can soar. "One World" is playin' as the Karaokemon song today I like this song, it mixes Johto n Kanto Pokemon clips. This was a awesome ep for a filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom