• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh thread

I was never one to consider the Gym Leader's type of Pokemon to be advertising for a particular version. That, my friends, is continuity. They take actual Pokemon from a Leader's team instead of giving him or her completely random ones.

It's more likely they said to themselves "instead of a pool of 4, we've got a pool of 6 Pokemon to choose from for this character. What would be the cooler choices?"

They take actual Pokemon from a Leader's team instead of giving him or her completely random ones.

They do now at least. I'll never understand Whitney's Nidorina or Blaine's Rhydon.

I agree with the most of you :3 I think that Ash won't win the league xD It's too soon in the show for winning a league, Maybe he could win one in the 6 or 7 Gen xDU. But I hope that he could be in the 4 best places or even in second place if he was lucky xDU. Maybe when league ends, he could fight against Cyntia like he did with Agatha when Hoenn league endend, and of course Cyntia would kick his ass xDUUUU And after the battle she could introduce the new region to Ash, saying that if wants to get better he should know more kinds of Pokemon and fight with new rivals and blah blah blah, stuff what is said to introduce a new region xDU

And with Dawn, I think that she won't win the festival neither xDU She isn't experimented enough to win one xD But maybe she could be in the second place xDU. I'd never thought in it before until today, but if nando isn't going to win the festival, what's about Lila/Yuri, Johanna's friend/rival? . She could be in the festival too, and she could win Dawn at the end if Dawn wins against Zoey after Zoey wins Nando xDU. She seems to be the typical kickasses coordinator altough she lost against Dawn.She could be the winner of GF, Why not?
But anyway, Dawn's future probably will be her leaving of the show, I don't know how she'll leave it but She will leave it almost for sure :3. Maybe she could stay at home helping her mom teaching new coordinators or something, she was a good teacher in DP167 o0o!!

Last edited:

Well as we saw from preview Zoey will battle against Nando and unfortuntely for me is going to win. Dawn will beat Urara and make to the final. That is really shame to writers. They make beginner reach to final stage. It is wrong especially after we saw Ash and May competitions. And if that is so.. If they won't make Ash reach the final and win Sinnoh lEague I really don't know what would I say...

They make beginner reach to final stage. It is wrong especially after we saw Ash and May competitions.

Drew made it to the last battle in what seems to be his first GF
Also, people have no problem with Nando or Zoey winning the whole thing - and they're on their first GF just like Dawn

And if that is so.. If they won't make Ash reach the final and win Sinnoh lEague I really don't know what would I say...

They slowly developed Ash's story over 13 years and continue to show us how he gradually improve
Ash is likely to have a lot more years to be with us... no need to rush his story, they have more than enough time to slowly develope him

I still hope that Dawn lose this final battle and then continue to gen 5 - but I realize it's very unlikely

I'm sure Ash will win the Sinnoh league too so don't worry.

I'm sure Ash will win the Sinnoh league too so don't worry.

Like how sure you was that:
- May will continue to DP
- Kenny won't return
- Nando won't return
- Ambipom will participate at the GF
- Gliscor will stay with Ash until Sinnoh's end
- Jessie won't win anymore ribbons after her first one
You sure loves to disappoint yourself, right? Have fun disappointing yourself again...

Let's look at it this way, its been a LONG time since Ash was last in a league. The Hoenn league aired in 2005, we are now in 2010. A 5 year gap is the longest gap between leagues in the show, (for the record, Johto Silver conference was in 2002, Hoenn league only 3 years later in 2005), so its been quite some time.

Likewise, we have all the established rivals and as said the writers don't seem to like introducing one-shots anymore. I strongly believe Ash Vs. Paul will be the finals, there's no reason to assume it won't be.

Seeing Ash go all out on his climatic battle with Paul just to lose to some nobody is bad writing, that's what they did back in Johto but doing it now especially after Paul was so much more focused on than Gary would be ridiculous.

Likewise, Ash losing to Cynthia is the only character that makes sense. Most likely Ash will bring back all his older Pokemon for the Elite 4, beat the first four, and then lose to Cynthia.

You're just trying to convince yourself to believe what you wants to happen
The most likely case is that:
- Ash will only use the Poké seen in the OP (mainly his Sinnoh team, secondary focus on the Johto team and the least focus on everyone else)
- Ash will beat Paul
- Ash will lose to one of Barry/Conway/Nando (probably not Barry)
- Ash will get a quick battle with Cynthia anyway and she'll completely kill him

- Ash will only use the Poké seeing in the OP (mainly his Sinnoh team, secondary focus on the Johto team and the least focus on everyone else)

For the league, possibly. But his Kanto/Hoenn Pokemon will get the E4 matches.

- Ash will beat Paul

It is 100% likely Ash is beating Paul.

Ash will lose to one of Barry/Conway/Nando (probably not Barry)

This I do not agree with at all. Ash isn't going to lose to Nando, (imagine the outrage if Zoey beats him but Ash doesn't), and Barry/Conway certainly don't look like league winners to me.

Ash will get a quick battle with Cynthia anyway and she'll completely kill him

Oh, you mean like Paul? Like how Brandon killed Paul? Or how Ash's Torkoal nearly defeated Registeel and Paul couldn't do jack against Registeel?

Ash isn't Paul. Ash can beat the E4 and put up a good fight against Cynthia.

Oh, you mean like Paul? Like how Brandon killed Paul? Or how Ash's Torkoal nearly defeated Registeel and Paul couldn't do jack against Registeel?

Ash isn't Paul. Ash can beat the E4 and put up a good fight against Cynthia
Yuck,But Ash was totally killed by Paul xDU, And Ash lost against Brandon 3 times before winning him xD Futhermore, he won him with his most experimented Pokemon, so Ash will be killed by Cynthia for almost sure :3U. All the E4 members who have fought against Ash have kicked his ass, so Cynthia probably will too :3U
And further, The decisive and really important battle will be Ash vs Paul, not Ash vs Cynthia. If there would be a battle, the writers won't want to make it an important and interesting 6 vs 6. They will have a quickly battle for introducing V Gen to Ash :3

For the league, possibly. But his Kanto/Hoenn Pokemon will get the E4 matches.

Not if there's no E4! (and even then you can't know that he'll use them)

It is 100% likely Ash is beating Paul.

I think on this EVERYONE can agree

Ash isn't going to lose to Nando,

I can't see any reason for that... we barely saw Nando and don't know anything about him... for all we know he's an awesome trainer

(imagine the outrage if Zoey beats him but Ash doesn't),

Who cares about your own (and few others) personal crazy outrage about a cartoon that you're supposed to enjoy?....................... thought so

and Barry/Conway certainly don't look like league winners to me.

Barry - I can agree... but Conway?! Are you serious?... the tag battles tournament proved he's a great trainer (made it to the last battle with Dawn and gave a good fight against Ash/Paul) and the summer school eps proved he knows a lot too - more than Ash that's sure... also, unlike Nando who you can use the "he's less experienced" excuse (which the writers never care for anyway) you can't say that about Conway since we have no idea how long he's been a trainer

We're talking about Cynthia so I'll use her as the example - remember Paul VS Cynthia? That's how I expect Ash's battle with her to be, only that Ash will use a full team, possibly beat ONE Poké (and even that is unlikely) and give a little better fight (just slightly better)
She should totally crush him

Ash isn't Paul. Ash can beat the E4 and put up a good fight against Cynthia.

Flint and Bertha would like to have a word with you

Not if there's no E4! (and even then you can't know that he'll use them)

I doubt the writers would allow 8 years to go by without an appearance of Ash's most popular Pokemon.

I can't see any reason for that... we barely saw Nando and don't know anything about him... for all we know he's an awesome trainer

Please, Piplup, you cannot possibly believe Ash will lose to Nando. Let's stop it.

Barry - I can agree... but Conway?! Are you serious?... the tag battles tournament proved he's a great trainer (made it to the last battle with Dawn and gave a good fight against Ash/Paul) and the summer school eps proved he knows a lot too - more than Ash that's sure... also, unlike Nando who you can use the "he's less experienced" excuse (which the writers never care for anyway) you can't say that about Conway since we have no idea how long he's been a trainer

They are good trainers, they likely aren't better than Ash and I certainly can't see either winning the league.

We're talking about Cynthia so I'll use her as the example - remember Paul VS Cynthia? That's how I expect Ash's battle with her to be, only that Ash will use a full team, possibly beat ONE Poké (and even that is unlikely) and give a little better fight (just slightly better)
She should totally crush him

If Ash uses Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax, Garchomp (if he gets one by then), and Pikachu, Ash can stand toe to toe with Cynthia.

Flint and Bertha would like to have a word with you

Yeah, and we know why Ash lost those. Doesn't mean Ash can't win a second time with either the same or different Pokemon.

I can't see why some people see Cynthia as the ultimate battle for the ending of DP. This is not the games. In the games, Cynthia is a mysterious woman who travels here and there and only at the very end we are revealed that she is the Champion. In the anime, she was first introduced as the Champion, so it is no surprise, defeating the climactic atmosphere of fighting her in the games.

Without the surprise element from the games, the only reason I could see for fighting Cynthia as the series' grand climax would be if Cynthia was managed as big deal, Ash's goal, but instead the whole Sinnoh journey has been built around Ash and Paul's rivalry; while Ash has stated he does want to challange Cynthia, he hasn't insisted to it (unlike how much he repeats us he wants to beat Paul), so beating her is not as dramatic/epic as beating Paul. That's why in the anime's narrative, the ultimate challange and the most climactic fight plotwise, is Ash VS. Paul, not Ash VS. Cynthia; so beating Paul and then losing to a random character (personally, I think Conway will be the -son rival this time) wouldn't hurt, as his main goal (that is, to top Paul) qould already have been achieved, leaving Ash (and the audience) satisfied enough. Cynthia would indeed be a great bonus point, but is not necessary. Not to mention that since she would be battled after Paul (that is, after the climax), that would be a downhill, narrative-wise. So no, I don't think we need that bad to Ash challenge Cynthia at the end.

---

On other things, Barry can sometimes be a jerk, too. I have always been bothered by his "Paul is god, screw you Ash, you're lame even if you beat me before" attitude and his obsession to battle him. In regards to that, I (I, not everybody, as some people here seem to love stating their personal opinions as everybody's opinions) think he needs to get his mouth shut. How? Finally battling Paul and getting his ass kicked by him. As much as games' Barry makes me laugh, anime Barry is just hateful to me and I want him to be badly humiliated. But I repeat, that's my personal wish, not that I think it will happen or that all of you must think like me.

Guys, Ash can beat Cynthia if the writer's will it so.

This is a TV show. This isn't the rules of the game, this is the rules of the plot.

I doubt the writers would allow 8 years to go by without an appearance of Ash's most popular Pokemon.

Except such Poké don't exist
I already explained to you... should I repeat it again?

Gen 1 - was the only gen

Gen 2 - had problems with gen 1 overshadowing everything in both anime and games due to them not knowing how to handle a new gen

Gen 3 - RSE+FRLG+10th anniversary = focus on gens 3/1

Gen 4 - DPt+HGSS+10th anniversary of Johto = focus on gens 4/2

Sorry, this is how this show works

Please, Piplup, you cannot possibly believe Ash will lose to Nando. Let's stop it.

I totally believe it is possible

They are good trainers, they likely aren't better than Ash and I certainly can't see either winning the league.

We have no way to know... especially with Conway that again - for all we know, could be just as experienced as Ash if not even better

If Ash uses Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax, Garchomp (if he gets one by then), and Pikachu, Ash can stand toe to toe with Cynthia.

The same Charizard who quickly lost to Dusclops - let's not remember Chari's good moments only... it was pretty pathetic in the Brandon battle

Yeah, and we know why Ash lost those. Doesn't mean Ash can't win a second time with either the same or different Pokemon.

He lost because the writers wanted him to lose - not because of the Pokémon he used
Flint OHKO'd both Infernape and Buizel who couldn't even touch it while Pika (the most experienced one, more than holy Kanto starters) barely managed to use a few attacks who didn't do anything and quickly lost too
Then Bertha was surprised Ash could even get 7 badges... seriously, it's like the writers are shouting at our face that Ash isn't ready yet for E4

That doesn't mean he can't win the League itself. Winning the League and beating the E4 are two completely different things.

Guys, Ash can beat Cynthia if the writer's will it so.

This is a TV show. This isn't the rules of the game, this is the rules of the plot.

And I explained why even the rules of the plot in my opinion don't need Cynthia either. Not to mention that sometimes the plot itself seems to still treat Ash like the 10 year old rookie that left Pallet 13 years ago. But I get your point and while I remain skeptical I do see the possibility (a tiny one, but there it is)of Ash battling the E4. The ultimate final word won't be in the games rule nor in the plot rule, but on the release date of Gen V and we should know it and accept it by now.

Then I ask once again, since Ash is beating Paul, what will be seen as the final climatic battle of DP?

You guys aren't making any sense.

Then I ask once again, since Ash is beating Paul, what will be seen as the final climatic battle of DP?

You guys aren't making any sense.

Eh... it's YOU who make no sense
Ash VS Paul is the most important battle of the DP series no matter what they'll do
It'll be MUCH but MUCH more important than E4/Cynthia if they'll have Ash battle them (and again I doubt he'll battle them - just Cynthia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom