• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I decided that the Pokémon Anime forum was getting cluttered with too many threads about the same thing. So, let's use this thread as a general thread covering the end of Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl.

Anything pertaining to the league - who will participate, which pokemon will be used, whether or not certain characters will win, the possibility of an Elite Four arc - as well as anything relating to the end of the journey in Sinnoh can be discussed here.

Re: The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh thread

I think Ash should win the Sinnoh league, with Ash Vs. Paul in the finals. I see no one for Ash to lose this time.

All the Sinnoh Elite 4 have been properly debuted with numerous hints dropped about Ash getting to challenge them, if it really doesn't happen the writers will have led us in the wrong direction and it'll seem like an underwhelming conclusion to DP.

Ash Vs. Cynthia is how DP should end, but I hope they have enough time to do so.

On the Conway 5th gen thing, that might explain his being there. I kinda felt that to be random. But totally in character for him.

I honestly don't think they'll make the Sept 2010 "deadline" for Gen V that people tote around like fact.

Also, with Gallade being the last non-legendary to debut in the current generation. It could be safely be said that there won't be any new Pokémon debuts. Unless they decide to unload a legendary or a Gen V Pokémon without warning (Kinda like what they did with Blaziken in the Silver Conference).

That being said, they'll probably showcase a ton of Pokémon that haven't been seen in the DP saga thus far, including Barry's full team, previously unseen monsters from Paul's reserves and Conway and Nando's full teams. At the same time, I'm also suspecting that they'll also introduce yet another new super trainer who ends up wiping the floor with Ash and manages to win the league.

Also, if it comes to pass that Gen V gets pushed back... There's the possiblity of another battle frontier. It would be a shame if those frontier brains get shafted and end up being abandoned like some other game characters.

That's alot of speculation to mull over :\

There won't be any Battle Frontier.

If there's extra time there will likely be used for the Elite 4, not Brains that have no reason to be shown.

The brains have every reason to be in.

Not especially. If the writers were going to do them they would have happened by now before Sinnoh ended.

There could be a rematch with Palmer but even that probably won't happen. What honestly ever gave any of you the impression of another Battle Frontier arc?

It was bad enough that people actually believed Ash would travel through Johto again, (thank god that didn't happen), so I wouldn't count on it.

At the very least, I am really happy no Johto re-visit wound up happening. I feel like we dodged a bullet there.

I hope Paul moves along to Gen 5. Also, the new girl will probably have short shorts. Just saying.

Like I kept saying, E4 talk is mute if the games are released in September.

The 5th Gen stuff is coming and the only reason this is different is because of the recent Nintendo policy on being tight lidded on new game leaks (which basically means stuff like sneak peak Pokemon in the 2nd movie of a saga probably won't happen again). The anime won't just go on while their are shiny new games and Pokemon to promote.

If it happens, but if it doesn't, too bad but you should have saw it coming with the game date.

There won't be any Battle Frontier.

If there's extra time there will likely be used for the Elite 4, not Brains that have no reason to be shown.

Have you even considered that there might not even be an E4 challenge?

I'm mostly thinking this because we've already seen how each of them and their strongest Pokémon battle.

There isn't anything that the writers could suprise us with. We've seen what they are capable of, so why on earth would the writers show us that again?

They're far more interested in showcasing the new unseen stuff rather then stuff we already have seen. Even though they do this in a predicable manner.

Also quit being so insistant. You'll probably be dissapointed in the end.

Have you even considered that there might not even be an E4 challenge?

Then:

a) Why debut them all properly in the same region (never done before), and show shots of the leagues with Lucian battling Cynthia, Aaron battling Lucian, and have Ash/Paul constantly saying they want to win the Sinnoh league and challenge Cynthia?

b) Who is Ash to lose to in the league?

They debuted these characters throughout the region so we know who they are and their personalities. Seems like a set-up for later battles.

Also quit being so insistant. You'll probably be dissapointed in the end.

Well if I am wrong and there is no E4 arc, it will simply be viewed as terrible writing and I won't ever believe any foreshadowing the writers do again.

b) Who is Ash to lose to in the league?

Who ever the -Son character is in the Diamond and Pearl Arc. I can somewhat see him as being like Harrison and have a Gen V Pokemon or two on his team that convinces Ash to travel to Gen V land.

Who ever the -Son character is in the Diamond and Pearl Arc. I can somewhat see him as being like Harrison and have a Gen V Pokemon or two on his team that convinces Ash to travel to Gen V land.

The problem with that idea is the writers don't seem to like to introduce one-shot rivals anymore.

The Grand Festival has no new rival out of nowhere, the league already has 4 established rivals. Throwing in a new guy there in the last-minute would seem even more odd than past leagues.

I dunno, I hope the writers are done with the "Ash loses to Richie and the -son family" nonsense.

Like I kept saying, E4 talk is mute if the games are released in September.
I believe you mean "moot"

Scott85 said:
Well if I am wrong and there is no E4 arc, it will simply be viewed as terrible writing and I won't ever believe any foreshadowing the writers do again.
...Mmm-hmm.

Dogasu said:
Hello, I am Dogasu.
Your own thoughts on the matter, Dogasu?

I'm still wondering... If Nando is indeed making an appearance in the Sinnoh League, if he'll use the same Pokemon he uses for the Grand Festival or if he'll have an entire team dedicated to battling. The character strikes me as the type to maybe go for a mix of familiar and unfamiliar candidates.

YOU'll view it as terrible writing, don't put words in everybody else's mouths, please.

YOU'll view it as terrible writing, don't put words in everybody else's mouths, please.

Agreed, for me. If they weren't going to do an E4 arc, don't trick us into thinking Ash will challenge them several times. They brought it up way too much, Lucian even tells Buizel to re-challenge him when it gets stronger.

If it doesn't happen, it almost feels like the writers would be pulling out the carpet from under us.

I'm still wondering... If Nando is indeed making an appearance in the Sinnoh League, if he'll use the same Pokemon he uses for the Grand Festival or if he'll have an entire team dedicated to battling. The character strikes me as the type to maybe go for a mix of familiar and unfamiliar candidates.

I always thought that Nando was the kind of guy that probably trained at least a few Pokemon to be both battle and contest ready, yet still have some Pokemon that are exclusive to each event. I would find it somewhat ridiculous if he decided to enter the league with a Kricketune of all things.

The problem with that idea is the writers don't seem to like to introduce one-shot rivals anymore.

Well, that is true considering they gave people like Barry and Conway multiple reappearances, but writing staff could surprise us and throw in a new rival that will probably be seen during the pre-league episode before Ash goes on and fights in the league.

The Grand Festival has no new rival out of nowhere, the league already has 4 established rivals. Throwing in a new guy there in the last-minute would seem even more odd than past leagues.

I'm under the theory that Barry, Conway, or Nando could be a red herring in the Opening, and I'm still doubtful that Jessie will make it into the GF. They were pretty quiet about that in the preview, and I do think that her not winning her 5th ribbon legit might bite her in the butt.

If it doesn't happen, it almost feels like the writers would be pulling out the carpet from under us.
It's almost... like a slap in the face!

It's easy to give in to idealistic thoughts and hopes for the show, but please don't be sucked in and consumed by them.

Meh. He'll lose. Ash is just another lovable loser. Nothing more really. So he'll continue to lose... not like he's a great trainer either. If he were he'd use an all star smattering of past teams. Something he just won't do.

also let's look at his team which is Pretty weak to Fighting, Ground and Flying, and isn't super great against Psychic types. So even from this stand point he needs improvement.

My prediction: Ash out Sweet 16.

Btw, Don't watch the anime, just using my knowledge of tv and pokemon

If they've given Jessie this many ribbons, then she's going to the GF. Otherwise every one of those wins was pointless.

As for Barry, Conway, and Nando, I think we can safely say that if the opening spoiled a bunch of other stuff that came true, so will this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom