• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo boy,it's been a LOOONG time since I've posted here.Just like to say hi to all the familiar faces I see around the forums. =)

LOL, I remember you. Its been quite some time.

I'd love a timeskip but it really doesn't seem to be something the writers would realistically do. They probably also would have done so by now.

Ash makes it in the top ten,goes back to pallet to fight garys gen5 pokemon and meets back up with brock in the new region which he once again fails to become champion of

LOL, I remember you. Its been quite some time.

I'd love a timeskip but it really doesn't seem to be something the writers would realistically do. They probably also would have done so by now.

Heh,how's it goin' there Scott...

And yeah,I know the producers/writers are hesitant to change anything on the show,but I just have a tough time believing that they'd have the audacity to do the exact same shit yet again.

R/S and D/P have had the most fleshed out plots to date where Ash got the opportunity to save the world *and* travel a new region while collecting badges.I really wouldn't have a problem if they go on ahead and do this a third time around if B/W's story was REALLY good,but c'mon.....this is Pokemon we're talking about here.D/P's plot was much more fully realized than R/S's but obviously the writers have never really taken the source material to it's full potential.(seriously,look at the crap Yugioh did with children's card games.....CARD GAMES!!!)

This is why I propose a timeskip,letting the characters age just a bit would be a nice change of pace and would make the new series a heck of a lot more tolerable if it's going to follow in the footsteps of R/S and D/P.

http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2010/04/16/098/index.html

This article seems to state the twerp trio splitting up as more of a fact, though someone else should really translate. And damn, does Goukazaru look awesome.

I also have a question for the forum veterans. Did the AG end and the DP anime premiere get this much publicity, this early? I've been looking through archives and that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'd like to hear it from those that were actually around back then.

A timeskip would kick ass, but it's not the sort of thing you see mid-series with the age group Pokemon's aimed at. Now if we're talking the end of the series, then I refer you to Digimon's "fuck you, shippers" ending.

A timeskip would kick ass, but it's not the sort of thing you see mid-series with the age group Pokemon's aimed at. Now if we're talking the end of the series, then I refer you to Digimon's "fuck you, shippers" ending.

This is the end of a series though. I don't think the BW anime will be like Tamers following 02, but there could be some big shakeup. I don't think a timeskip is very likely at all, but I wouldn't say it's impossible assuming we're referring to just a few years.

This article seems to state the twerp trio splitting up as more of a fact, though someone else should really translate. And damn, does Goukazaru look awesome.
As far as I can tell, it is the exact same information revealed in the previous articles. However, the paragraph about Ash puts more emphasis on the legendary-wielding trainer (saying that the battle will be unprecedented) than on Paul (merely noting that the rivalry will reach its conclusion).

I also have a question for the forum veterans. Did the AG end and the DP anime premiere get this much publicity, this early? I've been looking through archives and that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'd like to hear it from those that were actually around back then.
The DP advertising started in July, referring to the beginning of Dawn's journey but also making a note that Ash and May's was still going on. That actually caused speculation that the AG and DP series would run concurrently for a while.

This is the end of a series though. I don't think the BW anime will be like Tamers following 02, but there could be some big shakeup. I don't think a timeskip is very likely at all, but I wouldn't say it's impossible assuming we're referring to just a few years.

(I was just tempted to make a thread asking people what they would want to see from a four- or five-year timeskip, but thought better of it considering the odds it would just turn into a shipwar. However, I for one would like to see Max back with a Gallade.)

However, the paragraph about Ash puts more emphasis on the legendary-wielding trainer (saying that the battle will be unprecedented) than on Paul (merely noting that the rivalry will reach its conclusion).

Unprecedented? I already thought this battle would be the final, but I'd say that pretty much confirms it.

The DP advertising started in July, referring to the beginning of Dawn's journey but also making a note that Ash and May's was still going on. That actually caused speculation that the AG and DP series would run concurrently for a while.

So we're about three months early, with a bit more information? Interesting. I get the feeling starting the promotion this early means that by the anime's start date we should have all our cast/contests/new side quest questions answered.

http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2010/04/16/098/index.html

This article seems to state the twerp trio splitting up as more of a fact, though someone else should really translate.

So yeah, pretty much Dawn win the GF and leave, Ash lose the League and stay and Brock finds a new goal and leave
Ash join the BW heroine Coordinator and the BW hero
Anyone who don't think so is seriously in denial
It couldn't be any more obvious than that

I don't know about original's end and AG's start, but AG's end and DP's start sure didn't get this kind of huge previews and official articles that spoiled everything
Seriously, I honestly find it VERY ridiculous of anyone to have any doubts... they almost shout at our face it'll happen like I said...

Last edited:
And damn, does Goukazaru look awesome.

In the second Infernape shot it kind of does look like Infernape is actually under control of blaze, and is waiting for Ash's order.

I also do like the first shot. It's a shame Infernape has to be the main Pokemon against Volkner, but Infernape is getting some decent screen time, in the gym battle.

Edit: Ironically I posted that before I saw the "new" preview of the episode, being the preview that appears on TV Tokyo, it looks like Infernape is getting more screen time and earlier than the gym battle.

Last edited:
Huh,is it just me or it really does seem how there might be some serious shaking up regarding main cast in 5th generation.So now their is basically given new hint involving Brock and following his "new dream" which can be annotated in two ways.First one would involve having him stay to pursue new thing,while second could mean him getting replaced second time around.
At this point its hard to say,but this news surely brings lot of material to make assumptions.

On bright note,if Brock indeed gets replaced that opens bigger chances for one of past girls returning like Misty to either break "girl replacing tradition",or to bring it as second female having first time in history cast of two females in one group.

Tha would be certainly something new.

BW series cast:
Ash - Gyms
BW Heroine - Contests
BW Hero - one of these: Breeder, Pokéathlon, new thing (will be a secondary plot to Ash and girl's main plot of Gyms and Contests

I can't see it being any other way

Well i can.
Here are my predictions:
Ash-doing gyms
BW female-doing contests,pokethlon or something third
third member being either BW male or Brock-being breeder or doing something else.

Or another version(less likely one):
Ash-doing gyms
instead of BW female Misty returns-doing either pokethlon or some water competitions.
BW male comes in or maybe Brock stays.

There is of course also some posibillity of next cast haing four members,like they did in Hoenn,but its too early to say.

In all honesty, I doubt Brock will leave. Oh well, we just have to wait and see.

why would they repeat themselves once again?

they did it twice already. it's not like if they're gonna do it three times and have that b/w girl do contests too.

i think they're gonna come up with something different this time.

It really all depends on if contests make a return in BW. If Pokéathlon or something else is in the game, then that's it. No more contests.

Honestly, the writers getting rid of Brock is a smart move because the show just doing Ash, New Girl, Brock every gen is old.

The DP trio was boring at times because it felt like Brock was just there and Dawn barely had any meaningful scenes with him.

The Hoenn group felt like something different because it was a group of 4 with a different dynamic, and they could split them up into pairs of two, (Ash/May, May/Max, Max/Brock, May/Brock), and I kinda liked that in some episodes.

In DP it felt like it was always Ash/Dawn, and Brock was this background character who did nothing. In Movie 11, Brock even makes note of how useless he is and how everyone leaves him behind. I lol'd.

- Dawn in the finals of her first GF against Zoey, obvious she'll win
- Brock will find a new goal in his life
- Ash will probably lose to the legendary user in the League
- In addition to hinting at all that, the articles also clearly say this might be the end of Ash, Dawn and Brock travelling together

Seriously... it couldn't be any more obvious than this that both Dawn and Brock leave while Ash continue to BW
And Ash will need two friends at least to make the usual 3 member cast
BW boy and girl will join Ash - and since then, I say we should expect every series the writers replace the boy and girl to the new gen ones - while Ash forever stays the true main star of the whole show...

Again, if Brock leaves for good I really hope Holly re-appears in one of the final DP eps so she could go off with him.

I always said way back at the beginning of DP that Holly would be the perfect person to write Brock out with. I wonder if I'm right.

- Dawn in the finals of her first GF against Zoey, obvious she'll win
- Brock will find a new goal in his life
- Ash will probably lose to the legendary user in the League
- In addition to hinting at all that, the articles also clearly say this might be the end of Ash, Dawn and Brock travelling together

Seriously... it couldn't be any more obvious than this that both Dawn and Brock leave while Ash continue to BW
And Ash will need two friends at least to make the usual 3 member cast
BW boy and girl will join Ash - and since then, I say we should expect every series the writers replace the boy and girl to the new gen ones - while Ash forever stays the true main star of the whole show...

Who says that Ash HAS to lose to the Legendary user? He could win, but then decide that he might need to get stronger before considering that he fight the Elite 4 after reflecting on his losses with Bertha and Flint. He could win against the Legendary user, but the E4 determines that he'll need to work on his skills a bit more, even suggesting that he try to fight the other leagues before they decide he is worthy enough. He might win the league, face off against Aaron, and then lose against him. Those are possibilities that you should consider instead of arrogantly deciding that Ash HAS to lose to the Legendary user, especially seeing how at least Pikachu won against a legendary.

EDIT: Sorry, Scott85, that message was intended for Piplup. And I agree with you, now. As much as I hate replacing characters, Brock really DOES need to go. Besides, how he is acting is not a good role model for kids (by that, I obviously am referring to his running gag.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom