• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older age also means they offically made ash a teen now, if it's a sidekick,or a rival.

If they make the girl older, ash will get older. I wonder if this means the Anime starts getting less aimed for kids and more, I dunno crazy with itself.

The water starter is way too similar in design to Pochama so I hope the new girl gets the pig or the lizard. I do hope that she gets the pig as it is my favourite one of them and as dman_dustin said is certainly the cutest. I pretty much anticipate the girl to shit her pants when she sees the water one at the lab (if we see her choose that is).

A snake that has legs?
I really don't see Tsutaaja as a snake...

Though a Starter for the Rocket-Dan would be cool.

"Older than they have been before?"

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I can now see some kind of small time skip.

Yes a time skip should happen, which should also give us further hopes that ash wins the league. I mean he wins it, decides its quits for a while, learns of a new region(which is surprisingly a far away land so he probably leaves the whole Pokemon World he knows behind) and it continues.

I am more intrigue that the new region is in different country, that could have huge implications on whether Ash wins the league, or even if Dawn leaves at all.

Perhaps the "older age" will mean GenV!Girl will already be a somewhat experienced trainer/coordinator/pokéathlete/whatever?

Or maybe the writers will go "screw it", and make her 10 anyways?

And if there IS a timeskip, what will it mean for Ash's Pokémon?

Or if ash is even in the anime after gen 4. The timeskip could mean that all of ash's Pokemon will evolve, and Pikachu will now be his besest retired buddy.

And if there IS a timeskip, what will it mean for Ash's Pokémon?

Well Pikachu's still not evolving. :p

I would be so happy if we saw a 13 year old Ash and Pikachu running of to the Gen V region and we see a shot of all his Pokemon at Oak's, and every last one is fully evolved. Crawdaunt, Garchomp, Floatzel, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typloshion, hell let's top it off with Venasaur.

But that'd be crazy...

I actually do not wish for a timeskip. The travelling partner and rival can be older (hell the rival can be patronising to "little child Satoshi") but I'd rather that no one else aged.

The starters are not bad, the generation 4 where the second best after the first ones so they are better than the Hoenn and Johto.
I like the piggy one its cute they are were feminim for contest i think not like turtwig or chimchar.
The water starter just seems like an ice type.
I look forward to see there evolutions!

I can't see how BW boy and girl possibly being older than the usual means anything... especially when the fact they may be older in the games, doesn't mean they'll be older in the anime too
Anime characters almost never look or act according to their age... so I can see the writers just making them 10 year olds
Even if they're older - so what? Do I really need to remind people that Brock is older than Ash? Just because there's an older character in the cast doesn't mean they'll make Ash older too

Most likely, it'll be this way:
Ash - Gyms - get the grass starter
BW girl - Contests - get the water starter, who will never evolve, stay out of ball and be a mascot together with Pika just like Pip was
BW boy - whatever - get the fire starter... or maybe Ash/girl get it in addition to their other starter
I really can't see how people can't see this is the most likely case (but of course, everything can happen... I'm not saying this is a fact, but seems very likely to me)

Starters...

Grass : Looks cool, I could see it going to either Ash or the new girl, I'm pulling for the latter. Not sure where they get the snake thing from though... legs and arms =/= no snake. Like the design

Fire : It's cute and I like the design. Could see it going to either Ash or new girl. It has that "will sell plushie" feel.

Water : Piplup v 2.0, I wish they had made it more different. To me it's clear the new girl isn't getting the water starter as it's too similar to Piplup in design. Quite frankly, I hope it goes to Ash and that both its evolutions have a better design, cuase that means Ash'll finally have an evolved water starter.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the main characters in the scan look that much older ? Still, they might do a time skip (but I'm meh on that idea), they might de-age them to make them Ash's age, they might get rid rid of Ash altogether and just have BW girl and BW boy travelling together, it's a puzzle. The character designs aren't as bad as they look in the previous scans, but yeah.

Meh, they need a time skip IMO. It would bring in new interest to the show, and possibly some slightly older people.The end of Sinnoh seems especially hyping new changes so why not letting the characters get older? At this point, a time-skip is defiantly not confirmed, but is now a small possibility.

Next gen girl predictions:

-She will have a cute/elegant fully evolved powerhouse(a la Politoed, Togekiss, Beutifly)

-She will have non-cute/girly powerhouse(a la Blaziken, Mamoswine, Gyarados).

-She will have a lot of cute Pokémon.

-She will return to debut a Pokémon the gen after this(a la Togetic and Glaceon)

-She will want to capture a Pokémon before getting it and making it a part of her main team(a la Corsola, Buneary, and Beutifly)

-She will have a fear of a Pokémon/many Pokémon.(a la Bug-type, Gyarados, Pokémon, Tentacool, Plusle and Minun)

-She will have a traumatic incident in her childhood(a la Gyarados, Tentacool, Plusle and Minun)

-She will lose her confidence at least one time(a la Misty did when she took gym in Chronicles, May always did, and Dawn did after losing in appeals twice).

-She will get shipping hints towards Ash.(kind of unrealistic if girl stays old and Ash stays young.

-She will get shipping hints towards someone else later.

-She will overcome her fears/one of fears(a la Gyarados, Pokémon, Plusle and Minun).

-She will get an egg and it will hatch on screen(a la Togepi, Eevee ad Cyndaquil).

-She will get a starter of the region that is remade(a la Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Cyndaquil).

What I hope: -I hope her Pokémon evolve on screen. ALL OF THEM. Except for the hatched baby because it will be a newborn.

Thank you folks.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the main characters in the scan look that much older ?

I don't think they really look any older either, but apparently it says they will be so...
I also really want to know if the girl has a skirt or shorts.

The new starters are ugly as shit.

This is the first time I ever didn't like what the starters look like. God help us next gen.

The new starters are ugly as shit.

This is the first time I ever didn't like what the starters look like. God help us next gen.

Even Pokabu? I think it looks fine, a much better starter than Hikozaru was. I can easily picture it next to Satoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom