• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

Am I the only one who feels that if the NFL were an anime or a cartoon, the New England Patriots would pretty much be the Gary Stus of that anime or cartoon? I mean look at them. They've been so infuriatingly perfect for the past 16 years. They top the charts, they're always at the top of their division, they always make the playoffs and go far in it, and they rarely ever lose more than two games. Also they bring in the most ratings.

I see teams that go almost undefeated one year, but the next year they have an off season. The Patriots? Nope. Never. Always perfect.

Premier League
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
Moan United 1-1 Bournemouth (FOREVER 6TH)

Champions league

Arsenal 1-5 Bayern Munich (agg.2- 10 the joint second heaviest aggregate defeat in Champions League history, and the highest for an English team.)
Barcelona 6-1 PSG (agg. 6-5.. Crazy ending)

Overall, a great week for football, let's hope the rest of the season is this good!
EDIT: Moan United have drawn again!

Last edited:
I don't know what it is with the Patriots. They've got a good system in place and they know how to play the system. I think this year the Patriots - Tom Brady especially - were looking to stick it to Goodell and the league.

Also I'm glad to see some football talk. My NCAA bracket is not doing so hot.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) - Round 1, First Game

Carlton - 14 goals, 5 behinds = 89 total
Richmond - 20 goals, 12 behinds = 132 total

Richmond win by 43 points.

The UCL and ECL finalists have been decided! My heart was beating so fast during the last 10 minutes of Lyon - Ajax... A win for Real and Ajax would be amazing, even though I think Buffon deserves it as well after all these years.

Liverpool 3-0 Middlebrough
Liverpool is Qualified to the Champions league.

It will also be interesting to see if Arsene Wenger continues as Arsenal manager.

Liverpool 3-0 Middlebrough
Liverpool is Qualified to the Champions league.

It will also be interesting to see if Arsene Wenger continues as Arsenal manager.
Surely they can't keep him now after they got embarrsssed in the CL and won't be returning next season for the first time in 20 something years. There should be an end even to Wenger's credit, I think.

Surely they can't keep him now after they got embarrsssed in the CL and won't be returning next season for the first time in 20 something years. There should be an end even to Wenger's credit, I think.

21 Years if I recall correctly. Arsene in truth has had a somewhat decent run at arsenal, but it might be time for him to pack his bags in honesty. I think Arsenal need a fresh face. I couldn't give names for one though.

21 Years if I recall correctly. Arsene in truth has had a somewhat decent run at arsenal, but it might be time for him to pack his bags in honesty. I think Arsenal need a fresh face. I couldn't give names for one though.
David Moyes is available.

I've not seen the metro and train stations as busy as yesterday in Amsterdam. Apparently Ajax, the home team of Amsterdam, was playing. They had to close down the city because a 100k people where watching there :confused:
I heard they lost though :\

Yep, 2-0 to Manchester United. Thats kinda funny if you live close to amsterdam, since I live close to Manchester.

Big props to both the teams for doing a minute silence.

So Arsenal won the F.A Cup, with a 2-1 win against Chelsea.

Maybe Wenger might stay, doubtful, but this certainly has to mean something to the club.

So Arsenal won the F.A Cup, with a 2-1 win against Chelsea.

Maybe Wenger might stay, doubtful, but this certainly has to mean something to the club.
He's actually staying... In my opinion he should've just quit on a positive note. It seems a lot of fans aren't happy with him anymore either.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom