• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Sports Thread

BIRKIR BJARNASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that the Icelandic national team managed to get a point against Portugal (And managed to score!!!)
Our "kick the ball away and hope for the best" tactic proved effective. I think we got a chance to reach 3 or maybe even 2 place in the group.
Also Ronaldo lost the ball everytime it was passed to him:ROFLMAO:.

I didn't see the basketball game because I was watching the US reach the semis of the Copa with a 2-1 win!

(but I have been hearing that there's some rather sideeye glances being given to the NBA officiating in that particular affair... just like there should be in the soccer game I just watched. Horrendous officiating in that game.)

Yeah rigging when LeBron scores 41 and Harrison Barnes shoots like 0-8 and bad defensive lapses. It wasn't a great game officiating but people whine. Also USA gonna get smashed with 3 players out v. possible Argentina.

There's a very exciting "clash of the titans" so to speak WNBA game tomorrow afternoon on NBATV.

11-0 Los Angeles Sparks clash at home against the 12-0 Minnesota Lynx. I've been a lifelong Sparks fan. Though as this is the 20th season, they sure make me feel old. :p

Turns out the play each twice in a row, 2nd time is the 24th. I'm looking forward to seeing how close a matchup this will be.

Last edited:
Iceland will face England in the next match. We scored the winning goal against Austria at last minute:D.
I normally support England in major tournaments, but this time I can actually support Iceland instead. It will be a tough match, and England are favourites, but I still think that we have a chance to beat them.

Also this commentary is awesome:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::

An Iceland vs Ireland quarter final would be fantastic and a good chance for either team to make a tournament semi final. Unfortunately both teams have difficult last 16 matches so that might not happen

LA Sparks lost on a 3-pointer that was just after the buzzer which unfortunately didn't count. They bounced back tonight with a solid win on the road in the rematch. :)

Great game yesterday. I usually support England in tournaments, so I am happy that we got to play them. I would have never imagined, that the national team would reach a quarter final in an international tournament. The players are not really that good, but they play as a team. The defence was solid, and the offensive was much improved from the previous games, and the players actually passed the ball to each other.

England did however not play that well. Hodgson has to be one worst managers in the world. How did he even manage to get the job?

I'm proud of them. They have come such a long way.
ClkN5UQWgAEcAr5.jpg

With the Olympics upcoming next week, what sports are you guys planning to watch and which are your favorites?

My favorite three Olympic sports since Atlanta are - Men's+Women's Gymnastics, Swimming, and Diving.

I like to watch a bit of Fencing, Handball, Trampolining, Beach+indoor Volleyball, and Water Polo. Not to the same extent as the main 3, but I watch some of these events.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom