• Magnificent Entertainer supercharges his team with some new TMs. Watch here as he wishes that the player character was wearing a trench coat.

The Generation 1 Remake Discussion Thread

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
I find Generation VI to be essentially a reboot of the series. We all know thanks to ORAS that it's a reboot and in an alternate universe to Gen I-II's universe and Gen III-V's universe.

So to satisfy the timeline, ideally we will get Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova remakes or rehashes. Since XY are confirmed to take place alongside a Megaverse (what many call the most recent universe) BW2, and ORAS take place 5 years prior AND alongside a Megaverse Kanto, that means Johto and Sinnoh AND Unova would have to take place alongside each other, as that's three years after Hoenn/Kanto but two years before Kalos/Unova sequels.

On the direct topic of Kanto remakes, most of my ideas have already been said by one person or another.
-Make Leaf/Green canon.
-Extend the region borders slightly to Mt. Silver.
-Include the Sevii Islands again.
-Make a more fleshed out plot for all legendaries, a great idea for Birth Island would for that Deoxys to be the twin to ORAS Deoxys as a callback to the movie Destiny Deoxys that involves two Deoxys being separated.
-For Navel Rock, include a story for the legendary birds and Lugia.
-Obviously include Megas for key characters like in Origins.
-Also include a Mew and Mewtwo story like in Origins, have Blue fail to catch Mewtwo and get injured, have the PC catch it, then have Mew show up at the window like in Origins and run off, tempting you to chase after it, wherever that may take you (Guyana).

But most importantly, it has to be a remake to complete the Megaverse timeline.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
At one point we may see the return of Kanto remakes. I can the kanto remakes with:
  • All Kanto and Johto legendary pokemon. Lugia and Ho-oh resides on Navel Rock which is no longer event. Raikou, Entei and Suicune are either roamers or found in old/new locations of Kanto.
  • A post game story involving Mewtwo and Mew is also what I like to see.
  • Elite 4 and Champion rematches have mega evolutions.
  • Gym leader rematches in the game.
  • Sevii Islands to come back.
  • Birth Island is found in the game, most likely non-event since Deoxys lost it's mythical status in ORAS.
  • Professor Oak gives you a Johto starter after the defeating the league the first time or completing Kanto pokedex.
  • Pokedex to be updated with evolutions, pre-evolutions and maybe some pokemon from the other gens.
  • Trainer Tower on Seven Island is replaced by a Battle Masion or something entirely new.
  • Game Corner is either closed or replace with new building in Celadon City.
That is all the ideas I have so far.

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
At one point we may see the return of Kanto remakes. I can the kanto remakes with:
  • All Kanto and Johto legendary pokemon. Lugia and Ho-oh resides on Navel Rock which is no longer event. Raikou, Entei and Suicune are either roamers or found in old/new locations of Kanto.
  • A post game story involving Mewtwo and Mew is also what I like to see.
  • Elite 4 and Champion rematches have mega evolutions.
  • Gym leader rematches in the game.
  • Sevii Islands to come back.
  • Birth Island is found in the game, most likely non-event since Deoxys lost it's mythical status in ORAS.
  • Professor Oak gives you a Johto starter after the defeating the league the first time or completing Kanto pokedex.
  • Pokedex to be updated with evolutions, pre-evolutions and maybe some pokemon from the other gens.
  • Trainer Tower on Seven Island is replaced by a Battle Masion or something entirely new.
  • Game Corner is either closed or replace with new building in Celadon City.
That is all the ideas I have so far.
I like these. My life won't feel complete until we get 3D Kanto lol. Hoping this kind of stuff gets enough support.

This turned out kind of prophetic...
Reaction score
I don't know...I'm starting to wonder if it'll happen now that the Gen 1 games are heading to the Virtual Console...

Master of Espionage
Reaction score
If they are going to make re-remakes, which I think is a good idea for all the reasons in the OP, these are some of the things that need to happen:
  1. Storyline change, which means not just doing the same thing that's already been done twice before. Mix things up a bit. Examples that I'd like to see are: majorly expanded post game involving a Mew/Mewtwo plot, Gym Leader rematches, possibly even visiting Johto.
  2. Game mechanic changes, including things like allowing Pokemon outside of the original 151 in the main game, Mega Evolutions, and anything else that has changed since Gen III.
  3. Actually including Mew in the game as a non Event Pokemon would be nice...
  4. Sevii Islands stay and get expanded.

If I think of more stuff, I'll be sure to mention it in another post, but these are the biggies.

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
Visiting pre-Johto would be amazing. Perhaps you as Red/Leaf are tasked to help build the gyms for the Johto League, and have to go around doing little quests with the future gym leaders, then you see what exactly happened to Agatha and Lorelei (we know what Lorelei does thanks to FRLG).