• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation 1 Remake Discussion Thread

If they are going to make re-remakes, which I think is a good idea for all the reasons in the OP, these are some of the things that need to happen:
  1. Storyline change, which means not just doing the same thing that's already been done twice before. Mix things up a bit. Examples that I'd like to see are: majorly expanded post game involving a Mew/Mewtwo plot, Gym Leader rematches, possibly even visiting Johto.
  2. Game mechanic changes, including things like allowing Pokemon outside of the original 151 in the main game, Mega Evolutions, and anything else that has changed since Gen III.
  3. Actually including Mew in the game as a non Event Pokemon would be nice...
  4. Sevii Islands stay and get expanded.

If I think of more stuff, I'll be sure to mention it in another post, but these are the biggies.

Visiting pre-Johto would be amazing. Perhaps you as Red/Leaf are tasked to help build the gyms for the Johto League, and have to go around doing little quests with the future gym leaders, then you see what exactly happened to Agatha and Lorelei (we know what Lorelei does thanks to FRLG).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom