• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
Since we didn't get new Alola Formes in USUM, I feel it will suffer the fate of MEs.
How about adding new evolutions since that's what Professor Rowan studies?
Whats with this mega evolution fate bs?

There is no fate on it yet just because they didn't introduce any new ones in sm or usum. They were focusing on z moves which was this gens gimmick. Now if we go 3 generations in a row without any new ones then I'd say it was a one gen thing only (and we will probably get new ones in the eventual xy remakes)

Same thing with regular evolutions gen 6 megas were our new evolutions and every even number generation had new evolutions for old mons so of course gen 7 had none. Now if gen 8 has none then thats a nail in the coffin but not the last one as they can come back to the concept whenever they want.

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
But I think it's going to take a couple more generations before they add new Megas.

RC821

Reaction score
1 month ago, I have put the "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" segment predictions and I think that the games doesn't show your birth.

So, I had a new prediction for the segment for the remakes. It will set around the night sky and aurora lights referencing the creation theme.

Reaction score
For some reason I doubt Generation 4 remakes will ever happen, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to hope your prediction goes horribly wrong.

Skalesgon

Reaction score
Kalos really needs remakes. No other generation has been shafted for an anniversary.

If there are Gen 4 remakes, I hope Absol can be found easily.

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
I hope the Great Marsh returns, that place can be really useful in catching many Pokemon not found anywhere else in Sinnoh. Pokemon like Tympole could be caught there, I mainly just want Pokemon who were introduced after Gen 4 to be caught there so they are not locked to the post game. Unfortunately, I can see them changing it like the Safari Zone from Gen 3 when it was remade to be like a typical wild Pokemon battle which makes it boring in my opinion, I liked the rock and bait system that it offered.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't think that the Gen 4 remakes would introduce new megas or new signature Z-Moves. I think that the Gen 4 remakes will use Gen 8's gimmick (assuming that Gen 4 is remade in Gen 8).

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
I actually want the intro to be the pixelated Gen 4 style when Professor Rowan talks to you, now while with no change, that can't work on the Switch, they can still put the two screens side-by-side, while that would remove some of the charm that the DS had with Gen 4, it would be the best implementation of the idea of your character staring at the screen. Basically, I believe that the remake's Pokedex will look like a DS much like how ORAS's looks like a GBA. So having the player character looking at the DS-like Pokedex being shown after naming yourself and picking the gender to play as would be a nice nod to the original Gen 4 games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I hope the Great Marsh returns, that place can be really useful in catching many Pokemon not found anywhere else in Sinnoh. Pokemon like Tympole could be caught there, I mainly just want Pokemon who were introduced after Gen 4 to be caught there so they are not locked to the post game. Unfortunately, I can see them changing it like the Safari Zone from Gen 3 when it was remade to be like a typical wild Pokemon battle which makes it boring in my opinion, I liked the rock and bait system that it offered.
I agree that ORAS just making it a regular wild Pokemon but going back to the traditional rock/bait system doesn't seem like the way to go either. It's so painfully RNG dependent that it makes catching some of the rarer Pokemon ridiculous, that system can stay dead. The Safari Zone definitely needs something to make it stand out, but that isn't it. Here are some other options:

1. Bring back the Friend Safari. Adding a social aspect to the Safari Zone would make the area more dynamic and add more replay value, encouraging you to make more friends to add new Pokemon to the Safari Zone.
  2. Bring back customization from HGSS. Again, it makes the Safari Zone a lot more dynamic, but this time it would appeal to the player's creativity and designing skills.
  3. Use Go's catching mechanics. Go's catching mechanics were extremely controversial in LGPE, but as a special occasion in the Safari Zone, they'd probably get less complaints. They'd be an improvement over the traditional mechanics, and that's saying something.
Personally, I'd like either all three, or the first 2 with traditional battling mechanics.

Jabberwocky

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
Kalos really needs remakes. No other generation has been shafted for an anniversary.
What are you talking about? It's only been 6 years since X and Y came out. Besides which, ORAS didn't come out until 2 years after the 10th anniversary of the original Ruby and Sapphire.

Anyway, here's what a Diamond and Pearl remake definitely needs to do:

• Speed up the gameplay so it's not so damn slow
  • Rework the music so it's not so forgettable
  • Remove HMs
  • Scrap the original Sinnoh Dex and create a new one from the ground up, incorporating the Platinum additions as well as some new additions to cover Pokemon introduced in the four generations which have passed since Gen IV
  • Change Spiritomb's method of acquisiton
  • Incorporate all of the (many, many) events into the base game, including the Azure Flute

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
What are you talking about? It's only been 6 years since X and Y came out. Besides which, ORAS didn't come out until 2 years after the 10th anniversary of the original Ruby and Sapphire.
When he said that, he was talking about the 20th anniversary of the franchise in 2016.

Esserise

i'm pacing by the highway
Reaction score
Rework the music so it's not so forgettable
Yo, hang on, Sinnoh has one of the best soundtracks

Change Spiritomb's method of acquisiton
I'm not opposed to changing it outright (Spiritomb is nowhere near as unique as it once was), but at the bare minimum I think this one just needs to be tweaked a bit - multiplayer interaction is far more manageable now than it was back then.