• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I think it's going to take a couple more generations before they add new Megas.

1 month ago, I have put the "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" segment predictions and I think that the games doesn't show your birth.

So, I had a new prediction for the segment for the remakes. It will set around the night sky and aurora lights referencing the creation theme.

For some reason I doubt Generation 4 remakes will ever happen, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to hope your prediction goes horribly wrong.

Kalos really needs remakes. No other generation has been shafted for an anniversary.

If there are Gen 4 remakes, I hope Absol can be found easily.

I hope the Great Marsh returns, that place can be really useful in catching many Pokemon not found anywhere else in Sinnoh. Pokemon like Tympole could be caught there, I mainly just want Pokemon who were introduced after Gen 4 to be caught there so they are not locked to the post game. Unfortunately, I can see them changing it like the Safari Zone from Gen 3 when it was remade to be like a typical wild Pokemon battle which makes it boring in my opinion, I liked the rock and bait system that it offered.

I actually want the intro to be the pixelated Gen 4 style when Professor Rowan talks to you, now while with no change, that can't work on the Switch, they can still put the two screens side-by-side, while that would remove some of the charm that the DS had with Gen 4, it would be the best implementation of the idea of your character staring at the screen. Basically, I believe that the remake's Pokedex will look like a DS much like how ORAS's looks like a GBA. So having the player character looking at the DS-like Pokedex being shown after naming yourself and picking the gender to play as would be a nice nod to the original Gen 4 games.

I hope the Great Marsh returns, that place can be really useful in catching many Pokemon not found anywhere else in Sinnoh. Pokemon like Tympole could be caught there, I mainly just want Pokemon who were introduced after Gen 4 to be caught there so they are not locked to the post game. Unfortunately, I can see them changing it like the Safari Zone from Gen 3 when it was remade to be like a typical wild Pokemon battle which makes it boring in my opinion, I liked the rock and bait system that it offered.

I agree that ORAS just making it a regular wild Pokemon but going back to the traditional rock/bait system doesn't seem like the way to go either. It's so painfully RNG dependent that it makes catching some of the rarer Pokemon ridiculous, that system can stay dead. The Safari Zone definitely needs something to make it stand out, but that isn't it. Here are some other options:

1. Bring back the Friend Safari. Adding a social aspect to the Safari Zone would make the area more dynamic and add more replay value, encouraging you to make more friends to add new Pokemon to the Safari Zone.
  2. Bring back customization from HGSS. Again, it makes the Safari Zone a lot more dynamic, but this time it would appeal to the player's creativity and designing skills.
  3. Use Go's catching mechanics. Go's catching mechanics were extremely controversial in LGPE, but as a special occasion in the Safari Zone, they'd probably get less complaints. They'd be an improvement over the traditional mechanics, and that's saying something.

Personally, I'd like either all three, or the first 2 with traditional battling mechanics.

Kalos really needs remakes. No other generation has been shafted for an anniversary.
What are you talking about? It's only been 6 years since X and Y came out. Besides which, ORAS didn't come out until 2 years after the 10th anniversary of the original Ruby and Sapphire.

Anyway, here's what a Diamond and Pearl remake definitely needs to do:

• Speed up the gameplay so it's not so damn slow
  • Rework the music so it's not so forgettable
  • Remove HMs
  • Scrap the original Sinnoh Dex and create a new one from the ground up, incorporating the Platinum additions as well as some new additions to cover Pokemon introduced in the four generations which have passed since Gen IV
  • Change Spiritomb's method of acquisiton
  • Incorporate all of the (many, many) events into the base game, including the Azure Flute

What are you talking about? It's only been 6 years since X and Y came out. Besides which, ORAS didn't come out until 2 years after the 10th anniversary of the original Ruby and Sapphire.
When he said that, he was talking about the 20th anniversary of the franchise in 2016.

Rework the music so it's not so forgettable

Yo, hang on, Sinnoh has one of the best soundtracks

Change Spiritomb's method of acquisiton

I'm not opposed to changing it outright (Spiritomb is nowhere near as unique as it once was), but at the bare minimum I think this one just needs to be tweaked a bit - multiplayer interaction is far more manageable now than it was back then.

I'm not opposed to changing it outright (Spiritomb is nowhere near as unique as it once was), but at the bare minimum I think this one just needs to be tweaked a bit - multiplayer interaction is far more manageable now than it was back then.
Except there's always that time when they shut down the servers. I would prefer something that doesn't involve online just to be safe.

Yo, hang on, Sinnoh has one of the best soundtracks
I cannot recall a single tune off the top of my head besides Sunyshore City and Looker’s theme. The rest is just a static of bassline.

Tying the acquisition of a Pokémon to multiplayer interaction at all is something I’m opposed to. It punished players who, for whatever reason, cannot manage the requirements (either because they don’t like playing Pokémon multiplayer or because they just aren’t able to), and I don’t think that’s fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom