• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Remake Discussion

Will there be remakes in Gen IX?

• Yes, there will be a remake of Black/White.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, there will be a sequel of Black 2/White 2.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, there will be a "Let's Go!" remake of Emerald.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, there will be remakes of older spinoff titles.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Since the revisit to Unova will technically be set in another universe and not the original universe, they can totally get away with just combining both game's content, adding some more of their ideas and adding more locations for legendaries who weren't available to catch in Black 2/White 2.

Quoted and dumping here because I posted it in the wrong thread.

So. Breaking the bubble on the whole London or Spain is the new region (Because I'm absolutely tired of seeing it every. damn. where.), my expectations for a potential Gen IV remake:

- Considering Silvally is a failed attempt at recreating Arceus, Team Galactic attempts to use one of the Silvally to gain control of Dialga and Palkia.
- We visit Dialga and Palkia's Dimensions, where each gain an alternative form. In these forms, similar to Giratina's Origin Form, they aren't necessarily Pokémon anymore, instead becoming something akin to Lunala and Solgaleo, bearing some sort of relation to the Ultra Beasts.
- Z-Moves in Sinnoh are thought to be power fragments of Arceus' plates, hence why they will only be available post-game (Similar to how Mega Evolution in Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was only available post-game.)
- New Mega Evolutions for Sinnoh Pokémon include: Mega Drapion, Mega Hippowdon, Mega Bronzong, Mega Purugly, Mega Skuntank, Mega Toxicroak, Mega Honckrow and the starters.
- Like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Arceus reveals its 'True Form', but only when all the plates are in its possession.
- A 'Delta Episode' based on Arceus and the banishment of Giratina to the Origin World.
- HMs are replaced with ride Pokémon. These also make traversing the slow snow routes faster.

Some obvious and easy things to expect, but we have to start somewhere, I guess.

Something I would really like to see is merging Black City/White Forest to create a new area to explore, that and merging both versions of Opelucid City in order to mix ancient and futuristic settings. That would make things very interesting.

Something I would really like to see is merging Black City/White Forest to create a new area to explore, that and merging both versions of Opelucid City in order to mix ancient and futuristic settings. That would make things very interesting.
I think that they would only do that if the remake is only one game as opposed to two, which I highly doubt.

It may be early but that didn't stop people talking about Gen IV remakes before Gen III remakes were even announced. :p

I'd like remakes of Gen V but I'm not sure how it'll happen. Will they remake both B/W & B2/W2 or will they just remake B/W and shove some of the sequels extra content in the post-game sections? Because I'd be more than happy with B/W remakes, but with the Unova map from B2/W2, and have the sequel storyline compressed into a (preferably extensive) post-game episode featuring Kyurem and its forms.

Plus in the megaverse, we know Colress is active and conducting research, so it'd be a good way to shine more light upon him and what he's doing. How did being in the megaverse change his research and his goals? It's stuff like this I wanna know. :p

DID SOMEONE SAY GEN 5.

That said, as far as the remake goes, Colress will probably be related to the new evolution or power-up mechanic and I hope/expect to finally see the original form of Reshiram and Zekrom. Problem there would become that either Ghetsis/N needs to get a hold of both dragons despite the protagonist already being chosen by one (Unless he does it by force) or we need a Zinnia-like character again.

Maybe either N or Colress could be Zinnia-like character, but since the P2 Laboratory post game had screwed-up Colress explaining his despise on Ghetsis, the Team Plasma thing would be like forced labor version in which Colress gets into Team Plasma only to get scolded up for his scientific experiments, leading to him disbanding the team for good since N left Team Plasma and Ghetsis fell into coma. (I think Colress is basically "Looker who joined Team Plasma only to get backfired")

For N, it could be also of Ghetsis' abusive forced labor issues that made him leave Team Plasma and persuade his grunts to leave as well, dragging Team Plasma into a weird civil war over human rights issues, with Colress disbanding the team for that reasons.

I would honestly want to see Colress be involved with restoring the Original Dragon, the kind of role to help you do that is just so perfect for him because he's always looking to make Pokemon reach their fullest potential, which would be very fitting for him to upgrade the DNA Splicers in order to allow the restoration of the Original Dragon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom