• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

DCM

Man Skilled In All Ways of Contending
Reaction score
So first post and all I'll post some general info on how Gen 5 is most likely for a 2012 release(a lot of people I think have agreed with this period as the most likely:
Programmers and Graphic Artists are only now being hired fully to work on something.
Movie 13 will likely feature a 5th gen Pokemon and from then on its going to be a period of 2010 to 2012 with something in 2010 game wise. This period of waiting will also be like the one between emerald and DP with Movie 7 to movie 9 but in this case Movie 13 to Movie 15.
Otherwise it could go longer or something with Graduates being hired in 2011.

In terms of starters, I'd like

Grass->Grass/Fighting

Fire->Fire/Dark

Water->Water/Psychic

Also, the bird in the beginning would have an interesting evolution. Starts out as a "Purin" (NOT Jigglypuff) pure Flying type, then if it reaches level 23 at daytime, then it becomes Psychic/Flying, and Dark/Flying at night!

For the legendaries (Box cover), there is a Stee/Ground and a Steel/Flying. One per version. Their "lair" is in your hometown (which is a giant city, but you're stuck in the suburbian half.) If you have the Steel/Ground, there's the Iron Tunnel, and if you have the Steel/Flying, the Iron Tower. But if (in the postgame) you capture all 3 roaming trio members (Fire, Water, Electric. Legendary whatevers. I haven't an idea), and bring them to the tower/tunnels, then they will dance around, and the tunnel/tower (whichever one you DON'T have) will shoot up/push down in the air/ground, allowing you to catch the other version legendary

Don't we already have these?

Read the OP.
I want one thread, not five speculating ones.

I like the idea for the Iron tower/tunnel, but feel that we'll finally get that bug legendary type.

I dunno the other legend popping up would only make sense if say Sinnoh popped up or something like HGSS. Which I totally would not mind.

Bug legendary... That could be the "guardian of the forest" of this game. Except it's Bug/Dark Type

Also, this is my Gym/E4 idea.

Gym 1: Normal
Gym 2: Electric
Gym 3: Bug
Gym 4: Psychic
Gym 5: Fire
Gym 6: Ground
Gym 7: Flying
Gym 8: Dark

1st E4 Member:Fighting
2nd E4 Member:Water
3rd E4 Member:Steel
4th E4 Member:Ice
Champion: Mixed.

The pseudo Legendary would be Fire/Dragon Type, with Levitate!

Oh, whoops, I was going off on my own tangent about what I'D like.

So, do you guys think Nintendo will break any of its "boundaries" with pokemon?

ONLY 3 stage evolution lines.
No pure flying type
No bug type or fighting type legendary
No volatile types (fire/Water)
No Fighting/Flying?

So I posted what I would believe the reasoning behind the release period here is my general seeing of things:
-Region located northeast of Johto, northwest of Kanto, South of Sinnoh
-Sinnoh explorable after the E4 of New Region
-Game takes place directly after HGSSPt, say around 1 year later
-Shinto Ruins more fleshed out and Cynthia is the Discoverer with Hibiki/Kotone as the ones who unlocked the mystery
-The mountain path that leads south to Johto/Kanto is still snow bound and only the northern one that is in the new region is uncovered
-The story is mostly about Cyrus finding this new region a perfect land to take over. Instead of wanting to destroy the world, he wants to have the darkness of the Torn World descend over the region. Having controlled its power he can now warp all over. The way he will have darkness descend is by destroying the Legendary Meeting hall. Arceus is the one who has power over all. Dialga Palkia Giratina are all its dieties or second in power, and the pixies with the weather trio and Lugia and Ho-oh are third in power. Every other Legend has either an idol like status or are semi-legends IE important in myths but not important to the creation. The 5th Gen legends are the ones above the first in power the all powerful forces. Along with the Weather Trio the Pixies and the two birds there will be the season Pokemon who control the 4 seasons. Anyway the legends are pissed at Cyrus but cannot do anything. With that you must stop Cyrus and in the end the legends higher in power then Arceus lend you their power. In otherwords not themselves but a form of themselves in a Pokemon figure as they are not flesh and bone but spirits.

Another Galactic plot? No thanks. Team Rocket could get away with it because they were the mafia. Galactic is a cult.

Game Freak? Complex plot? Naw. We'll probably get environmental terrorists this time.

"Go, my Electrode! Use your glorious Explosion of Nature to demolish the unsightly Rouge City!"

Champion XXXXX sends out Poliwrath. Poliwrath's Damp ability cancels it out.

Leader of Environmental Terrorists cries like a WUSS.

Another Galactic plot? No thanks. Team Rocket could get away with it because they were the mafia. Galactic is a cult.
And...so? This time Cyrus would be working on his own again brainwashing people with the power of the Torn World creating Team Darkfall. The crazy nutjob is lead by emotions an emotion of hate towards the legends for creating such an evil place which corrupted him. Either that or Pluto busts out of Jail and is terrorizing the new region for money like he tried to do with Stark Mountain. But Cyrus with the power of the Torn World returning would be almost a given with the ending of Platinum.

Game Freak? Complex plot? Naw. We'll probably get environmental terrorists this time.

"Go, my Electrode! Use your glorious Explosion of Nature to demolish the unsightly Rouge City!"

Champion XXXXX sends out Poliwrath. Poliwrath's Damp ability cancels it out.

Leader of Environmental Terrorists cries like a WUSS.
RSE had that and I do not want a repeat. And Gamefreak doesn't do complex? HA! With Gen 4 things got a lot more complicated with the Mythology.

Bugs are getting better, with moves like X-Scissor and Bug Buzz, and Pokemon like Yanmega being added. Plus older bug pokemon, like Scizor and Heracross, are getting better moves. Still, I'd like to see a bug or a fighting type legend.

Wanna know what's REALLY shafted? Poison types. Only super-effective against one type, and most poison types have mediocre stats at best. Of course, pokemon like Weezing, Gengar, and Crobat are nice exceptions. But TBH, who really puts Sludge Bomb on Gengar?

Bugs are getting better, with moves like X-Scissor and Bug Buzz, and Pokemon like Yanmega being added. Plus older bug pokemon, like Scizor and Heracross, are getting better moves. Still, I'd like to see a bug or a fighting type legend.

I'd like the fighting type legend. It used to be that Scizor was the best bug, now with Yanmega and some others, the only bugs I see that are weak are the butterflies, butterfree/beauitfly

I'd really like to have a Jungle based region, its really the only enviorment we have not got besides pure ice/show region. We have had water, desert, forests, cities, towns, rocky mountains and volcanos, snow and even now marshy areas.

There could be some interesting pokemon found in a Jungle, and arn't victreebel line supposed to be found in Jungles? We could even have parinah (sp?) type water pokemon in a river too, make some interesting better water types in a terrian like this, hot, humid, moist area.

Wanna know what's REALLY shafted? Poison types. Only super-effective against one type, and most poison types have mediocre stats at best. Of course, pokemon like Weezing, Gengar, and Crobat are nice exceptions.

Apart from its weaknesses being part ground, Nidoking/queen are good too IMO.

The first pure flying type as a legendary it'll be like master of the skies (maybe it'll make an appearance in movie 13?)

I really would like a pokemon game to start in a big city were the gym is closed but it's actually run by your older brother and your father should be the champion.

Gyms
Bug - it'll be in a country side farm town
Ice - You get a ticket so you can go on a plain to head north and it'll be a cold island far up north ny the shinto ruins
Ground - We need a ground type gym and the town will be on a mountain side
Physchic - the gym will be run by your older brother
Fire - I'd be cool if would could get a crazy guy for the gym leader like a fire breather or member of the traveling circus
Grass - This gym will be in the middle of a forrest with only one house, a pokecenter, and a pokemart
Steel - This gym should in another big city
Dark - We owe it to ourselves to have one

Elite Four
Dragon
Water
Flying
Ghost
Various - the champion should be your father and he'll make an appearance without a mention of him being your dad

Last edited:
It's obvious it will take place in the region where the Shinto Ruins lie. Also, it's very plausible that it will be in full-3D. About the types,I don't want them to create a new type (and I doubt they will), but the types could use some balance.

I would like to see a female rival or a choice to choose their gender (the other would still appear in the story).

weather equality

1.) fog and sandstorm castform
2.) endless fog ablitity
3.) endless rain and sunny non uber pokemon

Back
Top Bottom