• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Well, I dunno whether to speculate or anything. But I have some ideas on the next gen of pokemon video games. (But only for the main series)

1. I like the RPG genre. Nintendo could do whatever it takes to improve graphics and all that. But stick with the RPG system. I like it that way.
  2. It would been lovely if the game reflects the Anime as close as possible. For example: Starts in pallet town with "Ash" appearance (for male) and starts with a pikachu starter with '0' happiness and out of the ball (walking around). Then there's conflict with Jesse & James etc. After finish with Kanto Pokemon League, the player move to Orange Islands and finish the pokemon league there. And then move on to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the new region... etc.. Oh, and don't forget to change the player outfit according to the anime. (or whatever if it's female)
  3. The Setting could give out choices whether which pokemon slot will be outside the ball, it ranges from slot 1-6 and then none for those who prefer not to have any pokemon following them. For the starter, probably just until the happiness is at 128 and they could put the pokemon inside the pokeball. This way, any pokemon in the party could be walking around without disrupting the battle order. The first one always come out first. (Or maybe, there could be a setting where you can choose which pokemon to go out first)
  4. The starter is now time constrained. If the player starts the game between 12am - 12pm on any day, they could choose any of the 3 starters and "gary" the rival will choose the type that weakens the player. And when the player starts the game at between 12pm - 12am. The player will be stuck with a disobedient pikachu who refuses to stay in its pokeball. And Gary will choose whatever type it is in the anime (I don't really remember)
  5. The pseudo-rival will change from time to time between region. And probably the main rival too, (just according to the anime)
  6. When moving to each region, all the pokemon but the starter will be stored inside the PC box and won't obey until obtained several new badges. (just like traded pokemon)
  7. Other trainers that the player is battling are visible of using different kinds of pokeballs (Lure ball, Quick ball, Master ball) while maintaining a 51% of standard pokeball used.
  8. Instead of a forced battle, when talking to people on the routes you can choose yes or no to battle that person. And this could be done as many times as possible.

That's all I can come up, I know there'll be problems with it (of course) like not enough data space. That's why need a platform that can handle all the data needed.

It'll be a long game, but damn fun... What do you guys think ??

The Anime will never be in game form outside of yellow, when even that was very loose, no all region game will ever come out, and forced battles are what makes you level up so if you decide to skip em well you're screwed.

A pokémon RTS *shot*

I could actually see it working too. With pokémon evolving as they gain battle experience. Not too likely though, but I think it's a good idea (feel free to disagree).

The Anime will never be in game form outside of yellow, when even that was very loose, no all region game will ever come out, and forced battles are what makes you level up so if you decide to skip em well you're screwed.

Exactly the point, if you skip the battles you're REALLY SCREWED !!
that's why there's a choice to battle them or not. And again, you could battle them as many times as you want without Vs. Seeker (all you need is to talk to the trainer again and choose yes. And the battle will take place again).

I really want to play with the anime characters and story line. And Yellow was CRAP (graphic wise) but a wonderful attempt. Imagine of playing Ash through 4 regions, (possibly 5 after Gen V). It'll be awesome. (Especially if gamefreak adds players dialog lines. It started to feel that the player is a mute).

Oh, and talking legendary pokemon.... (but maybe that's a stupid suggestion LOL)

I really want to play with the anime characters and story line. And Yellow was CRAP (graphic wise) but a wonderful attempt. Imagine of playing Ash through 4 regions, (possibly 5 after Gen V). It'll be awesome. (Especially if gamefreak adds players dialog lines. It started to feel that the player is a mute).

I honestly don't think they will ever remake Yellow and the next gen games won't have Ash in them probably just the next character to befriend Ash. Like Mitchman said before I highly doubt there would ever be a game with four or five reigons, it sounds fun at first but when you think about it, how low would the levels of the gym leaders and trainers have to be if there were four reigions? That's one of the main things wrong with HGSS, low level gym battles.

I honestly don't think they will ever remake Yellow and the next gen games won't have Ash in them probably just the next character to befriend Ash. Like Mitchman said before I highly doubt there would ever be a game with four or five reigons, it sounds fun at first but when you think about it, how low would the levels of the gym leaders and trainers have to be if there were four reigions? That's one of the main things wrong with HGSS, low level gym battles.

Yup2, I got ya...
That's why in my previous post, that every new region you get to choose another starter while the other pokemon that you have is kept in pc and cannot be used until you have certain gym badges that they can obey with. you'll be collecting new pokemon in the new region with new gym leader and a new beginning... (like a New Game+)

Well, I don't agree on a new gen, since well ARCEUS is the ORIGINAL ONE, or THE CREATOR... You can't possibly have any other pokemon that's stronger than it.

Oi another Arceus is the final Pokemon period cause its the creator nutjob...

Well, I don't agree on a new gen, since well ARCEUS is the ORIGINAL ONE, or THE CREATOR... You can't possibly have any other pokemon that's stronger than it.

Honestly, we thought Mewtwo was "the strongest" pokémon evah, so I don't see why they can't just create more legendaries. They don't have to be something godly, you know.

Well, maybe a new generation gives new evolved form of the pokemon that has no evolution form in the previous generation. And as for the new generation of legendary pokemon, probably something powerful and accepted as deities in that region only.

For example:

• Articuno (Ice), Moltres (Fire), Zapdos (Electric) are all ELEMENTAL Legendary pokemon (SKY). These three are oversee by Lugia.
  • Suicune (Ice), Entei (Lightning), Raikou (Electric) are also ELEMENTAL Legendary pokemon (LAND). These are oversee by Ho-Oh.

See the pattern?

Both generation has the exact same elemental legendary pokemon but the Gen I are sky pokemon, and Gen II are Land pokemon. My guess in Gen V, there'll be Sea Legendary Pokemon with the exact same ELEMENTS and being oversee by a fourth pokemon. ( I dunno how a fire and electrical elemental pokemon being a fish -.-) but it's the logical speculation.

Also, there're deities as well. Eg:

• Gen III - Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are deities that created Sea, Land, and Sky respectively.
  • Gen IV - Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are deities that created Time, Space, and Dimension respectively.
  • Also in Gen IV - Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf are deities that created Willpower, Emotion, and Intelligence, not-repectively.

:uhoh: I'm out of ideas actually. I dunno what other things that are more poweful than the second point.

Nevertheless, all legendary pokemon from Gen I-IV are all created by ARCEUS and overseen by it. I don't think any pokemon that could be any stronger than it. I mean ARCEUS can change TYPE using only PLATES !!! I remember I had an easy time beating the gym leaders by applying plates that weaken them.

So my guess is, the legendary pokemon of Gen V would be another pokemon created by ARCEUS and created with a purpose of keeping something else in balance... But I can't think of anything else besides Matter and Spirit.

Any ideas ???

Honestly, we thought Mewtwo was "the strongest" pokémon evah, so I don't see why they can't just create more legendaries. They don't have to be something godly, you know.

EXACTLY, that time we thought Mew and Mewtwo were the strongest pokemon. But these two weren't considered as deities or gods. They are just simply EXTREMELY POWERFUL pokemon that people shouldn't mess with.

But still, we still think that the pokemon universe is created by something, it could be anything like some godlike substance. One by one, each elemental creators are introduced. Until ARCEUS comes up that became the Pokemon that CREATED EVERYTHING even itself.

So it's true, that the legendary pokemon of Gen V could be something MORE POWERFUL than previous legendary pokemon, but nevertheless it is not logical for a legendary pokemon to be more powerful than ARCEUS itself.

But what created Arceus's egg? It just appeared out of nowhere. Is really Arceus the creator?

But what created Arceus's egg? It just appeared out of nowhere. Is really Arceus the creator?

ARCEUS itself created its own egg. It's the fundemental of theology. God created himself. same with ARCEUS.

I don't think RTS would work for Pokemon. D: Then we'd have Pokemon evolving during battles, plus they'd have to reprogram 4 generations of turn-based priority. TBS is never a bad thing.

As for the legendaries, who says they have to be godly? I've been wanting to see some kind of stork legendary, like the stork who brings babies to families, this stork Pokemon brings the eggs to Pokemon breeding. The mystery of eggs solved! And maybe a Pokemon to fully symbolize love, that the Luvdisc can be patrons of...

I don't think RTS would work for Pokemon. D: Then we'd have Pokemon evolving during battles, plus they'd have to reprogram 4 generations of turn-based priority. TBS is never a bad thing.

It could be some spin-off game on the Wii... Maybe then I'll buy a Wii (or the next gen console or something). The main series still have to be turn-based, wouldn't want it any other way, I think. But as a spin-off, sure. But it's not going to happen.

I'm fine with a Pokemon RTS spin-off, as well as an MMORPG

They'd need a freakin' huge region to do an MMORPG.

An RTS might be a cool spin-off title, but I'm having trouble picturing how it would work.

As for the legendaries, who says they have to be godly? I've been wanting to see some kind of stork legendary, like the stork who brings babies to families, this stork Pokemon brings the eggs to Pokemon breeding. The mystery of eggs solved! And maybe a Pokemon to fully symbolize love, that the Luvdisc can be patrons of...

YES !!! I love that idea... It's awesome...

As for MMORPG, I'm not having any comment for it. One thing for sure, I'd probably won't play the MMORPG. Thing is, You can't really cheat on MMORPG. I love the single adventure game because I can use a pokemon modifier to spawn ARCEUS, GIRATINA, DIALGA, PALKIA, CRESSELIA, and DARKRAI all level 100 with HARDY nature and 31 on all IVs and 255 on all EVs with the contest condition all full from the start of the game... I can't do all that in MMORPG, otherwise people wiil hate me.. :bawling:

They'd need a freakin' huge region to do an MMORPG.

An RTS might be a cool spin-off title, but I'm having trouble picturing how it would work.

Not really. Just different Regions(servers). Would actually probably be about the only way to cram every current region into one game.

It could be some spin-off game on the Wii... Maybe then I'll buy a Wii (or the next gen console or something). The main series still have to be turn-based, wouldn't want it any other way, I think. But as a spin-off, sure. But it's not going to happen.

Ohh, RTS spin off doesn't sound too bad! We've had dungeon-style and...ranger style...? A new type of Pokemon spin-off, not in WiiWare please D:, that is RTS, not bad at all!

Big Bang- Arceus's egg. Any higher= Azarath level Multidimentional Eldel... Abomitations. Let's cap power at arceus, but maybe equal gods arn't so bad.

Back
Top Bottom